And with the first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select..

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3649268 said:
Gabe Carimi/OT/Wisconsin: The Badger has shut down top defensive talent in consecutive games and deservedly is watching his draft stock rise. Iowa's talented defensive line registered just a single sack during Wisconsin's victory Saturday. The previous weekend saw Carimi help hold top 10 prospect Cameron Heyward and the rest of the Ohio State defense sackless. The senior draws a variety of opinions in the scouting community but these two contests will be looked upon as statement games and should secure him a place late in round one

trade down get a high 2nd pick an get this guy as a RT
There's a chance we'll have a shot at him with our 2nd round pick.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Cover 2;3649271 said:
Elite quarterbacks are hard to find. Andrew Luck will be an elite QB IMO. That's why they should grab him. I'd rather have a solid left tackle and great quarterback as opposed to the reverse of that.

I'm a huge Romo fan, but time is not on his side. Sit Luck for three years, and then trade Romo after that.

You act like drafting ANY top qb is a sure thing. Not true. Lets draft some players we need and think about qb in 2 or 3 years.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
TheDallasDon;3649267 said:
Ahhhh U never draft for need that can hurt u every draft its BPA always so I say no way u pass on P.Peterson or A.Luck we don't have many chance 2 get guys like this............................................................buy ur thinking we draft a OT or OG that is 17-29 on are board over these guys is:laugh2: :laugh2:

First I said lineman, ILB or safety. Youre thinking that those guys are forsure cant misses is :bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2: times a sidways 8

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
locked&loaded;3649292 said:
First I said lineman, ILB or safety. Youre thinking that those guys are forsure cant misses is :bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2: times a sidways 8

No Player is EVERY a LOCK and I never said that all I said is U DON'T REACH how can u not get that:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3649268 said:
Gabe Carimi/OT/Wisconsin: The Badger has shut down top defensive talent in consecutive games and deservedly is watching his draft stock rise. Iowa's talented defensive line registered just a single sack during Wisconsin's victory Saturday. The previous weekend saw Carimi help hold top 10 prospect Cameron Heyward and the rest of the Ohio State defense sackless. The senior draws a variety of opinions in the scouting community but these two contests will be looked upon as statement games and should secure him a place late in round one

trade down get a high 2nd pick an get this guy as a RT

Nice choice.....I think he actually finds his way into round 1 based on the lack of depth at OT in this years class

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Cover 2;3649275 said:
There's a chance we'll have a shot at him with our 2nd round pick.

I think we may need to trade up - but I seen him as low as 3 rder

so who knows

but hes big an nastey

just the way I like my RT to be

locked&loaded

Reaction score
TheDallasDon;3649299 said:
No Player is EVERY a LOCK and I never said that all I said is U DON'T REACH how can u not get that:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

So lets take a player we dont need for fear of reaching? Are you worried what others will think. Get out of here.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3649307 said:
I think we may need to trade up - but I seen him as low as 3 rder

so who knows

but hes big an nastey

just the way I like my RT to be

I think your setting the market way too low on him. He is already moving up a lot of draft boards.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3649305 said:
Nice choice.....I think he actually finds his way into round 1 based on the lack of depth at OT in this years class

ah well just a little trade up

JBS

Reaction score
Can I get some CZ scouting reports on Peterson? Pros cons ect....thx

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3649309 said:
So lets take a player we dont need for fear of reaching? Are you worried what others will think. Get out of here.

So let me get this right u don't think any 1 can be upgraded??? u think reaching for need is a must??? u think u don't draft Qb until its a need then u start him right away and he's not top talent??? and u make a point that I care wut people think???

I'll answer the last 1, NO!!! I want 2 get better and NEVER does reaching for a need make teams better thats wut keeps teams always LOSING.

U sir are a IDIOT

locked&loaded

Reaction score
TheDallasDon;3649336 said:
So let me get this right u don't think any 1 can be upgraded??? u think reaching for need is a must??? u think u don't draft Qb until its a need then u start him right away and he's not top talent??? and u make a point that I care wut people think???

I'll answer the last 1, NO!!! I want 2 get better and NEVER does reaching for a need make teams better thats wut keeps teams always LOSING.

U sir are a IDIOT

Your intellect is obviously far superior than mine. :banghead:

I am sure there will be a lineman worthy of a top 5 or so pick come this April. You are truly putting words in my mouth, I said there is no need to pick a Qb this year. Why draft a Qb that will sit for probably 6 years. You act like possible "top" qbs only come around once every 100 years. Every 2-3 years there are qbs that look like franchise quarterbacks. Why take one now when we can take one in a few years?

If I am and idiot you are a backwater inbred that experienced fetal alcohol syndrome.

JBS

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3649347 said:
your kidding me right Glory

go to the draft page

Kidding for what? Do you really care if I want the opinions of other fans on a prospect?

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3649345 said:
Your intellect is obviously far superior than mine. :banghead:

I am sure there will be a lineman worthy of a top 5 or so pick come this April. You are truly putting words in my mouth, I said there is no need to pick a Qb this year. Why draft a Qb that will sit for probably 6 years. You act like possible "top" qbs only come around once every 100 years. Every 2-3 years there are qbs that look like franchise quarterbacks. Why take one now when we can take one in a few years?

If I am and idiot you are a backwater inbred that experienced fetal alcohol syndrome.

No agian u don't get what I'm say YES there is going 2 be "Franchise QB" in the FUTURE but what make u think we will be in the right postion 2 draft 1???

Also I don't Know how the FO will rank the board but if no OL is worth picking there then u don't draft them is all I'm saying

locked&loaded

Reaction score
TheDallasDon;3649357 said:
No agian u don't get what I'm say YES there is going 2 be "Franchise QB" in the FUTURE but what make u think we will be in the right postion 2 draft 1???

Also I don't Know how the FO will rank the board but if no OL is worth picking there then u don't draft them is all I'm saying

I said lineman, safety or ILB; but way to bail after I owned you.

If we get a "franchise" qb now he will set for half a decade at least.

Also if we put together a good team now we can always trade up or groom a second rounder etc rounder. Lets win with romo now. Not stand pat. Come on, you can agree with that cant you?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3649350 said:
Kidding for what? Do you really care if I want the opinions of other fans on a prospect?

I mean in here theres so to mush squabbling going on

TheDallasDon

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3649365 said:
I said lineman, safety or ILB; but way to bail after I owned you.

If we get a "franchise" qb now he will set for half a decade at least.

Also if we put together a good team now we can always trade up or groom a second rounder etc rounder. Lets win with romo now. Not stand pat. Come on, you can agree with that cant you?

Yes and No I don't know how long this "Core" will last thats why I said Draft P.Peterson or A.Luck becuase Why build for 1 SB when we can build for a DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!

We need 2 have a QB ready and trade Romo before he declines ala B.Farve, so if we draft Luck sit him for 3yrs then trade Romo

First u never "Owned" me for me 2 back away, second I said draft by the Board every time and all I SAID is "P.Peterson or A.Luck are the Top prospects Right NOW on MY!!!!!!!!!!! board not the Cowboys

Edit: and P.Peterson can Play S or CB so thats 1 of the 1 u said so u most not even read my post

Randy White

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3648924 said:
If you idiots havent learned anyting from romo you dont have to go number 1 pick overall for a good qb. Take notes from the jets building their oline.

Here's a counter argument:

vinylmagnet-49ers.jpg

and I'm a HUGE fan of both of their #1 picks this year: Anthony and Iupati. And although I thought it was stupid at the time, giving up what turned out to be the 7th pick of the 2008 draft for a 1st round pick in 2007 who turned out to be Joe Staley, has worked out so far.

Still, three #1 picks in an O-line and they still haven't won a game.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
locked&loaded;3649281 said:
You act like drafting ANY top qb is a sure thing. Not true. Lets draft some players we need and think about qb in 2 or 3 years.
You're right. But then again Andrew Luck isn't just any quarterback either.