Video: And You Would Let 21 Walk

superonyx

Reaction score
Hell San Fran signed tevin Coleman to a contract that has a $2.5M cap hit this year, and next year has almost $0 in dead cap if cut.
There's a reason that RBs don't get paid, it's because the league knows they are replaceable. Especially ones that aren't elite receivers.
They signed Coleman to a 2 year $10m deal. So $5m average per year to a guy who has been a bust. It has taken him 4 years to equal Zeke’s 1 year production.

Yea you can always find another teams backups and busts and hitch your wagon to those guys. Nothing keeps defensive coordinators up at night as much as the fear of Tevin Coleman getting his career average of 35 yards per game against you.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
They signed Coleman to a 2 year $10m deal. So $5m average per year to a guy who has been a bust. It has taken him 4 years to equal Zeke’s 1 year production.

Yea you can always find another teams backups and busts and hitch your wagon to those guys. Nothing keeps defensive coordinators up at night as much as the fear of Tevin Coleman getting his career average of 35 yards per game against you.

Doesnt matter what his average is if his CAP hit will never get there. You should know that, but here we are.

Wait which year did Zeke have 3350 total yards and 29 TDs? I'll wait.

Not to mention Coleman is a better receiver than Zeke.

Nobody stays up at night thinking about Zeke, that's why he sees league average stacked boxes. This isnt hard

superonyx

Reaction score
Doesnt matter what his average is if his CAP hit will never get there. You should know that, but here we are.

Wait which year did Zeke have 3350 total yards and 29 TDs? I'll wait.

Not to mention Coleman is a better receiver than Zeke.

Nobody stays up at night thinking about Zeke, that's why he sees league average stacked boxes. This isnt hard
To be honest we are at page 14 in this thread and you are making a case that Tevin Coleman is somehow a better back in any capacity than Zeke.

When someone gets stuck defending a stupid position they eventually expose themselves. You want to win an argument in your mind so badly that you chased yourself down the road to ridiculous. Watching your post sink more and more into the depth of goofy has been entertaining at least.

You can continue to think Coleman is somehow the direction this team needs to take. You can continue to curse the Jones family and the nfl establishment for not agreeing with your self proclaimed genius.
I will continue to watch the NFLs premier RB continue dominating the league for my favorite team and enjoy every moment of it.

I win.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Are you now?
Take a look at the last 10 years of running backs drafted late 1st round or after and tell me how many of them are as good as Zeke.

So your plan is to become less talented then?
Nothing is as exciting as reducing your teams talent levels while letting a 23 year old future HOF talent walk out the door.

Why does this sound like a colossally stupid plan?

It’s ok to be a little less talented if you can be more talented in other positions. Use the money on D to help that unit. There are less talented RBs in the league putting up similar or better ypc and receiving yards per game. Some are even doing it with less talented olines.

uvaballa

Reaction score
And stop acting like just any guy can run behind any offensive line as be as effective as another guy... Derrick Lassic wasn't as effective as Emmitt Smith

Doesn’t have to be quite as effective. There’s a reason many teams use a two back system now. It’s better for their durability and so many RBs bring different skill sets.

How you think the Rams feel about paying Gurley all that money and him being hurt? That could easily be the Cowboys.

superonyx

Reaction score
It’s ok to be a little less talented if you can be more talented in other positions. Use the money on D to help that unit. There are less talented RBs in the league putting up similar or better ypc and receiving yards per game. Some are even doing it with less talented olines.
Oh so we want to drop our talent level in a position where the player touches the ball 20 to 30 times per game so we can shift that $5-8M over to the defense?
So which defender are we targeting that will upgrade our team and only cost this amount?

superonyx

Reaction score
Doesn’t have to be quite as effective. There’s a reason many teams use a two back system now. It’s better for their durability and so many RBs bring different skill sets.

How you think the Rams feel about paying Gurley all that money and him being hurt? That could easily be the Cowboys.
The real reason teams use 2 backs is because they don’t have a back at Zeke or Barckleys level.
You either don’t understand the impact a dominant back has on the defensive or you don’t want to get it for sake of argument.

Just like a freak WR creates for the rest of the passing game. It’s beyond just their stat sheet. Look at how bringing Cooper elevated Gallup in the second half of the year.

Try to understand the chess match that goes on at this level. Pieces moving in many directions. Having a superstar that teams fear creates opportunities beyond the fantasy football stats.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
To be honest we are at page 14 in this thread and you are making a case that Tevin Coleman is somehow a better back in any capacity than Zeke.

When someone gets stuck defending a stupid position they eventually expose themselves. You want to win an argument in your mind so badly that you chased yourself down the road to ridiculous. Watching your post sink more and more into the depth of goofy has been entertaining at least.

You can continue to think Coleman is somehow the direction this team needs to take. You can continue to curse the Jones family and the nfl establishment for not agreeing with your self proclaimed genius.
I will continue to watch the NFLs premier RB continue dominating the league for my favorite team and enjoy every moment of it.

I win.

Lol you lost a long time ago little buddy.

Einstein

Reaction score

So you are telling me you were happier with Run DMC and Alfred Morris than you are with Zeke...