Video: And You Would Let 21 Walk

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A WRs reliance on the Oline isn't remotely close to a RBs dependance on the Oline. They help/hurt both, but it's a landslide as far as severity.

Not saying the same magnitude only that all skill position rely on those around them and with any offense it all starts up front.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Fans get too attached to players and are too emotional. They can replace a RB fairly easy.

Same fans said Cowboys would decline once Romo retires which was wrong. Fans thought the Cowboys shouldn’t let Demarco or Dez go. Cowboys have still be chugging along.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly. Invest in the Oline, never invest in the RB.

The Oline helps the WRs, QB, and RBs.

I like putting a great RB behind a great OL. I'm not part of the crowd who thinks RB are a dime a dozen, I think avg players at any position are a dime a dozen but great players are harder to come by

cowboygo

Reaction score
Zeke may not have an injury history to be worried about, but he plays the most physically demanding position for the cowboys, RB1. We have 2 seasons to evaluate if we should give him an extension. Does he have the talent? Yes. Can he get hurt or suspended? It is possible. No need to extend now. Tagging him after his 5th year option is the best move.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fans get too attached to players and are too emotional. They can replace a RB fairly easy.

Same fans said Cowboys would decline once Romo retires which was wrong. Fans thought the Cowboys shouldn’t let Demarco or Dez go. Cowboys have still be chugging along.

I had no issue at all with letting Demarco go, his career was filled with injuries even missing a lot of time in Dallas. Dez was being paid as a TOP 5 wr but his play had fallen and could not justify the play for the pay. Zeke is 23 has not have any issue with injury. I think Dallas should give him a 5 year deal not because of any attachment to the player but because of the quality of the player

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Few are going to change their "pay the man" stance on their player(s) and will completely ignore that template in NE. No, the Cowboys do not have him or his QB but does that mean they have to go exactly the opposite of what he does that has been proven successful?

If a team didn't have other players in the top 5 paid positions and others getting ready to enter that, that's one thing, an elite RB could be paid like it. But where is the breaking point? How many top 5 or even 10 paid positions can any team have and still field a true contender and prepare for the inevitable missed games by key players?

And this isn't Emmitt, a RB that was as good as there's ever been at protecting himself and keeping himself available to his team. This is a RB looking for an injury and forget the history. They're all injury free until they're not. That is the last position in the game that I would pay top 5 money to and if it's so hard to get good RB's, why are there so many good ones?

The lifeblood and foundation of any team is the OL and the most deserving of 2nd contracts because of their longevity. Any luxury item, and that's what Elliott is, that causes the team to not have the best OL they can is a mistake. One is an absolute necessity and the other is not. RB's don't make OL's.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Few are going to change their "pay the man" stance on their player(s) and will completely ignore that template in NE. No, the Cowboys do not have him or his QB but does that mean they have to go exactly the opposite of what he does that has been proven successful?

If a team didn't have other players in the top 5 paid positions and others getting ready to enter that, that's one thing, an elite RB could be paid like it. But where is the breaking point? How many top 5 or even 10 paid positions can any team have and still field a true contender and prepare for the inevitable missed games by key players?

And this isn't Emmitt, a RB that was as good as there's ever been at protecting himself and keeping himself available to his team. This is a RB looking for an injury and forget the history. They're all injury free until they're not. That is the last position in the game that I would pay top 5 money to and if it's so hard to get good RB's, why are there so many good ones?

The lifeblood and foundation of any team is the OL and the most deserving of 2nd contracts because of their longevity. Any luxury item, and that's what Elliott is, that causes the team to not have the best OL they can is a mistake. One is an absolute necessity and the other is not. RB's don't make OL's.

We will see how the template works when Brady is gone. Only year he missed so too did the pats miss the playoffs in a very weak AFC East

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I like putting a great RB behind a great OL. I'm not part of the crowd who thinks RB are a dime a dozen, I think avg players at any position are a dime a dozen but great players are harder to come by

Ahh that's unfortunate.

It seems like the old school guys on here just havent caught up to analytics yet. There's so many things out there pointing to just how little of an impact RBs make and how easily their production is replaced. I'd love to use a two back system with a better pass catching back RB than Zeke, and a power scheme runner. Those aren't hard to find, would cost a fraction of what Zeke would cost and would be more efficient than Zeke.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ahh that's unfortunate.

It seems like the old school guys on here just havent caught up to analytics yet. There's so many things out there pointing to just how little of an impact RBs make and how easily their production is replaced. I'd love to use a two back system with a better pass catching back RB than Zeke, and a power scheme runner. Those aren't hard to find, would cost a fraction of what Zeke would cost and would be more efficient than Zeke.

Yeah and without Lynch seahawks do not win the SB. Those who think the run game is a waste so be it but fact is given how many times teams run the ball in a game be it with 1 RB or 2 RB it seems to you might just want to see that portion of the game make an impact. For me you bet I would pay impact players be it WR or RB because impact players are not some dime a dozen like some think.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah and without Lynch seahawks do not win the SB. Those who think the run game is a waste so be it but fact is given how many times teams run the ball in a game be it with 1 RB or 2 RB it seems to you might just want to see that portion of the game make an impact. For me you bet I would pay impact players be it WR or RB because impact players are not some dime a dozen like some think.

Nobody is saying the running game is a waste(I literally just said I'd love a two back system), but yeah Marshawn was far from the reason that team won with his 4.2 ypc and his 15 carries for 39 yards with zero catches in the super bowl that they won by 35 points.

Yes I want impact players at impact positions, that's really it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They would have won the other sb if they just turned around and handed to the lynch. I bet Wilson wishes he made a executive decision and changed that pass play at the line. The pats and brady we’re taking there helmets off and knew lynch was getting the ball and it was over. The look on bradys face when Wilson threw that pass was priceless. He had to be thinking what a moron. Just hand it off and win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nobody is saying the running game is a waste(I literally just said I'd love a two back system), but yeah Marshawn was far from the reason that team won with his 4.2 ypc and his 15 carries for 39 yards with zero catches in the super bowl that they won by 35 points.

Yes I want impact players at impact positions, that's really it.

BS Lynch was a big part of their offense, Seattle was ranked 30th in passing Lynch was the offense for that team and would have won the following season but the HC was a moron and called a pass pay down at the goal line that gets picked instead of handing it off to the main offensive weapon in Lynch. In the 2 SB runs they had Seahawks passing game avg 201 and 203 a game. The primary focus of defense was to shut down Lynch which took the pressure off of Wilson. With a top ranked defense and a physical run game they were tough to beat

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They would have won the other sb if they just turned around and handed to the lynch. I bet Wilson wishes he made a executive decision and changed that pass play at the line. The pats and brady we’re taking there helmets off and knew lynch was getting the ball and it was over. The look on bradys face when Wilson threw that pass was priceless. He had to be thinking what a moron. Just hand it off and win.

Had Garrett did that people here would have gone bat **** crazy. It was a stupid move by Pete Carroll

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
BS Lynch was a big part of their offense, Seattle was ranked 30th in passing Lynch was the offense for that team and would have won the following season but the HC was a moron and called a pass pay down at the goal line that gets picked instead of handing it off to the main offensive weapon in Lynch. In the 2 SB runs they had Seahawks passing game avg 201 and 203 a game. The primary focus of defense was to shut down Lynch which took the pressure off of Wilson. With a top ranked defense and a physical run game they were tough to beat

BS

uvaballa

Reaction score
Don’t need to let him walk but don’t give him $15 million a year. That would not be smart. They could franchise him after year 5 but I wouldn’t give him a crazy long term deal. Spend the money somewhere else and draft another young RB in rounds 1-3.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

BS? Really? 2013 Seahawks raned 4ht in rushing and 26th in passing. They ran the ball 509 times vs throwing it 420 one of the few teams who ran more than they threw it. In 2014 they ranked 1st in rushing and 27th in passing and again ran it 525 times vs throwing it 454 again one of a few teams who actually ran the ball more than they threw the ball. Seahawks run game and defense were the 2 big keys for those SB teams

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
BS? Really? 2013 Seahawks raned 4ht in rushing and 26th in passing. They ran the ball 509 times vs throwing it 420 one of the few teams who ran more than they threw it. In 2014 they ranked 1st in rushing and 27th in passing and again ran it 525 times vs throwing it 454 again one of a few teams who actually ran the ball more than they threw the ball. Seahawks run game and defense were the 2 big keys for those SB teams

Gosh there's so much more than the surface analysis you provide.

The Seahawks were easily the best team in the league and when you get leads you start to drain the clock with rush attempts

In the 1st half in 2013 Wilson had 225 attempts and 1890 passing yards. In the 2nd half that drops to 177 attempts and 1437 yards.

It's funny you give Marshawn all the credit for their rushing output, wanna guess who had almost half of Marhshawns rushing output? Russell Wilson lmao.

Despite Wilson only having having the 31st most passing attempts he had the 10th most passing TDs. The Seahawks only scored the 13th most rushing TDs with the 2nd most attempts.

This isnt hard. You just have to get past the surface.

Again if you think that Marshawns 4.2 yards per carry is the reason that the Seahawks won the super bowl that year than I have some fantasy football leagues open for you.