Video: And You Would Let 21 Walk

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gosh there's so much more than the surface analysis you provide.

The Seahawks were easily the best team in the league and when you get leads you start to drain the clock with rush attempts

In the 1st half in 2013 Wilson had 225 attempts and 1890 passing yards. In the 2nd half that drops to 177 attempts and 1437 yards.

It's funny you give Marshawn all the credit for their rushing output, wanna guess who had almost half of Marhshawns rushing output? Russell Wilson lmao.

Despite Wilson only having having the 31st most passing attempts he had the 10th most passing TDs. The Seahawks only scored the 13th most rushing TDs with the 2nd most attempts.

This isnt hard. You just have to get past the surface.

Again if you think that Marshawns 4.2 yards per carry is the reason that the Seahawks won the super bowl that year than I have some fantasy football leagues open for you.

Never said Wilson was bad but their offense went through the run game and part of that run game was the ability of Wilson to run. However does not change the fact they ran the ball a hell of a lot more through out the season than throwing it 500 plus times as most were doing. it did not fit the claim of the run game not being a factor in winning for them it had a hell of lot to do with their winning. I don't get into fantasy football so save the smart ars remark for someone else what I watch is different teams and different styles of offense and see there are many different ways of winning not one size fits all as some very simple minded people seem to think

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Never said Wilson was bad but their offense went through the run game and part of that run game was the ability of Wilson to run. However does not change the fact they ran the ball a hell of a lot more through out the season than throwing it 500 plus times as most were doing. it did not fit the claim of the run game not being a factor in winning for them it had a hell of lot to do with their winning. I don't get into fantasy football so save the smart ars remark for someone else what I watch is different teams and different styles of offense and see there are many different ways of winning not one size fits all as some very simple minded people seem to think

Hey the supposed "simple minded people" was able to debunk your claim with "non-surface level anlysis" with ease. So I guess that debunks the simple minded statement too!

And as has been said the run game matters, the RBs don't, which you're now trying to switch your position to run game.

At the end of the day you gave one example of a running back mattering(all the way back in 2013 mind you) and I have since proven that that running backs 4.2 yards per carry had very little effect on their super bowl victory.

Maybe this will open some eyes, hopefully!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not in the offensive system Dallas runs. people seem to be under the illusion that all NFL offense are the same. They are not, Cowboys much choose to run a more balanced offense with a physical running game and Zeke fits that style of offense.
Zeke is the only running back who can run this offense? Naw......

quickccc

Reaction score
To reach 2000 rushing yards, that means zeke has to have a substantial high amount of carries at least 330+ range.
Would that mean we would have to pound and grind him into wear and tear and a shorter career?

And I’ve even seen that happen to even the elite backs. Ladanian, Curtis Martin, Dickerson, etc, even emmitt.
If anyway that we can better spread his career out, by keeping his carries in the 18-20 range with a high 5.0 per carry avg, with substantial 20+yd. big runs
and even in the pass game, where I’d like to see him used in the more dangerous designs to break in open into space and isolation, rather than those safety valve dump offs.

That’s also why I think its’ so important to get that major factor quality backup/ 2nd RB that can produce big key production and damage to a defense in the run game, while zeke needs that breather.
I’m sure Pollard will be in the same backfield as zeke, as motion back, jet-sweeps, quick bubble screens, RPO’s as well as spelling zeke as a runner in those every 3rd series of the game.
We just couldn’t do that (relieve zeke) ) with Rod Smith and his lack of instincts. And it became too urgent to have to hurry and place zeke back in.

These are the rare and only 2,000 yard rushing class and their amount of carries and yard per carry avg:

Barry sanders 335 carries- 2053 yds rushing 6.1 ypc (1997)
Eric Dickerson 379 carr. 2105 yrds 5.6 ypc (1984)
Adrian Peterson 348 carr. 2097 6.0 ypc (2012)
Chris johnson 348 carr. 5.6 ypc. (2009)
O J simpson 332 carri. 2003 yrds. 6.0 (1973)

Zeke’s best single season performance:
322 carries, 1631 yrds. 5.1 ypc. (2016)

Tussinman

Reaction score
Assuming Zeke is going to quietly accept this, which I seriously doubt, no way he plays another FULL SEASON for the Cowboys. I'm pretty sure he and his are well aware of what happened to DeMarco Murray ( used with no intention resigning ). Bottom line, for next three years we'll have a pissed off Zeke for a likely required min number of games each. Much rather trade him asap after this season if he's NOT part of long-range plans.
Zeke is in a weird situation to where he's making elite pay for his position even on the rookie deal (his rookie deal is now #1 for fully guranteed and #3 for total guranteed).

They franchise him after his 5th year option he'd be at like over 50 million fully guranteed at only 25 years old (not exactly a panic situation for him or his agent).

If the cowboys even consider the franchise it won't happen (they know it's not the best scenario for them). They know the most logical scenario is do a 4 year deal with 2 years fully guranteed after this season (basically the 5th year option and franchise tag tied into a 4 year package)

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
Hey the supposed "simple minded people" was able to debunk your claim with "non-surface level anlysis" with ease. So I guess that debunks the simple minded statement too!

And as has been said the run game matters, the RBs don't, which you're now trying to switch your position to run game.

At the end of the day you gave one example of a running back mattering(all the way back in 2013 mind you) and I have since proven that that running backs 4.2 yards per carry had very little effect on their super bowl victory.

Maybe this will open some eyes, hopefully!
The RB matter as much and in many cases more than the running game.

You may not like this fact but that doesnt make it any less true.

Where is my evidence? The defensive coordinators and defensive players.
When you have a true weapon at RB the defense plays the entire game in fear. The defensive coaches coach in fear. Every play could be the play that breaks you. Most games are won or loss by 1 score or 1 possession. When you have a back that can beat you with power or speed or agility the way a complete back like Zeke can it changes the entire defensive game plan. It changes the way the defenders play defense. Do tou really think defensive coordinators and players will coach and play the exact same way if a back like Zeke or Barkley is in the backfield as if a back like Tevin Coleman is in the game?

If you want to pretend a statistical argument carries actual weight then go ahead. The reality of a weapon of Zeke's caliber at any skill position is a game changer. Even if this player was a WR. And its not something you can point to a stat sheet to understand. You need to look deeper into the parts of the game that are not measured by stat trackers. The league only has a handful of players that carry this weight in the minds of defenses and coordinators. Zeke is one of them.

superonyx

Reaction score
Fans get too attached to players and are too emotional. They can replace a RB fairly easy.

Same fans said Cowboys would decline once Romo retires which was wrong. Fans thought the Cowboys shouldn’t let Demarco or Dez go. Cowboys have still be chugging along.
Help us emotional fans out. Who are you replacing Zeke with? Who is just as talented that we can plug in easily and who is going to be younger and cheaper?
You know someone?

Einstein

Reaction score
Emmitt didn't have an elite season after 1995. After 95, he was average to good. Not a stud.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitEm00.htm

I wouldn't pay elite money today for Emmitt post 95. Bad deal. 95 was his 6th year.

If you say so, but if you look at league stats he was 5, 14, 7, 3, 12, 13, 18th in the league in rushing before he went to Arizona and was 50th. Not going to do the legwork, but I'm going to guess that was as elite as almost any other RB during that period.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ahh that's unfortunate.

It seems like the old school guys on here just havent caught up to analytics yet. There's so many things out there pointing to just how little of an impact RBs make and how easily their production is replaced. I'd love to use a two back system with a better pass catching back RB than Zeke, and a power scheme runner. Those aren't hard to find, would cost a fraction of what Zeke would cost and would be more efficient than Zeke.
It seems like the NFL franchises must not have caught up with your genius either.
Why do guys like David Johnson, Zeke, Barkley, Gurley, Kamara, keep cashing these paychecks and sucking up teams first round picks? You should send Jerry a letter before its too late.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The RB matter as much and in many cases more than the running game.

You may not like this fact but that doesnt make it any less true.

Where is my evidence? The defensive coordinators and defensive players.
When you have a true weapon at RB the defense plays the entire game in fear. The defensive coaches coach in fear. Every play could be the play that breaks you. Most games are won or loss by 1 score or 1 possession. When you have a back that can beat you with power or speed or agility the way a complete back like Zeke can it changes the entire defensive game plan. It changes the way the defenders play defense. Do tou really think defensive coordinators and players will coach and play the exact same way if a back like Zeke or Barkley is in the backfield as if a back like Tevin Coleman is in the game?

If you want to pretend a statistical argument carries actual weight then go ahead. The reality of a weapon of Zeke's caliber at any skill position is a game changer. Even if this player was a WR. And its not something you can point to a stat sheet to understand. You need to look deeper into the parts of the game that are not measured by stat trackers. The league only has a handful of players that carry this weight in the minds of defenses and coordinators. Zeke is one of them.

"Want to see my evidence?"
Then provides no evidence lol. Par the course

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It seems like the NFL franchises must not have caught up with your genius either.
Why do guys like David Johnson, Zeke, Barkley, Gurley, Kamara, keep cashing these paychecks and sucking up teams first round picks? You should send Jerry a letter before its too late.

David Johnson and Gurley their franchises regret those contracts

Wait you do know Kamara was a 3rd round pick not a 1st right LMMMFAO

But yes, RBs are one of the lowest paid positions in the league and are one of the lowest drafted positions in the league, so they have caught onto analytics. Some people brains just aren't capable of that, it's alright.

superonyx

Reaction score
David Johnson and Gurley their franchises regret those contracts

Wait you do know Kamara was a 3rd round pick not a 1st right LMMMFAO

But yes, RBs are one of the lowest paid positions in the league and are one of the lowest drafted positions in the league, so they have caught onto analytics. Some people brains just aren't capable of that, it's alright.
It must suck to be so smart and be stuck watching all of these franchise just do such stupid things with their multi billion dollar businesses. Here all along your community college education is being wasted at walmart.

You owe it to the world to find a way to let Jerry know that you cracked the code.

You should have gotten to the Pats before they wasted a first round pick on a RB...They have no idea what they are doing also it seems. You figured it out.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OL is important even for WR because a QB on his butt is not getting the ball down the field for the WR to have the opportunity. No doubt OL is important for RB's but there are many plays that the RB must improvise when the design of the play breaks down.
Basic football, thank you.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It must suck to be so smart and be stuck watching all of these franchise just do such stupid things with their multi billion dollar businesses. Here all along your community college education is being wasted at walmart.

You owe it to the world to find a way to let Jerry know that you cracked the code.

You should have gotten to the Pats before they wasted a first round pick on a RB...They have no idea what they are doing also it seems. You figured it out.

Wait... after reading my posts you can't gather that I definitely didn't go to CC or work at Walmart? You must be speaking from personal experience instead.

But yes, it's frustrating to see my team use the 4th pick on a blue chip RB instead of a blue chip CB when one of them presents so much more value than the other. Maybe they have learned, we shall see!

superonyx

Reaction score
Wait... after reading my posts you can't gather that I definitely didn't go to CC or work at Walmart? You must be speaking from personal experience instead.

But yes, it's frustrating to see my team use the 4th pick on a blue chip RB instead of a blue chip CB when one of them presents so much more value than the other. Maybe they have learned, we shall see!
You are still caught up on that?
I have a feeling Jacksonville wished they could have drafted Zeke over Ramsey. They have been reporting to shop him. They tried drafting their Zeke and ended up with that turd Fornette. We have Byron Jones who will need to get paid soon also. Overall it seems that regardless of how you feel about Ramsey vs Zeke you may want to save yourself the aggravation and enjoy the ride. You and I both know Zeke will get another contract with us. Zero reason to believe anything else. I also don't see Ramsey being a career Jaguar either. The guy seems like a cancer.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you say so, but if you look at league stats he was 5, 14, 7, 3, 12, 13, 18th in the league in rushing before he went to Arizona and was 50th. Not going to do the legwork, but I'm going to guess that was as elite as almost any other RB during that period.

After 95, Emmitt only broke into the top 10 in yards/carry once, at 9th in 99. That sound elite to you?

He was a top player for durability, and that's not nothing, But no particular season past 95 was elite.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitEm00.htm

It's possible, even likely, that his durability made him tops in total yards over that period, but someone racking up career totals as an average to good player is not what I want to spend elite money on.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Help us emotional fans out. Who are you replacing Zeke with? Who is just as talented that we can plug in easily and who is going to be younger and cheaper?
You know someone?

I’m sure they can find a good RB in next years draft. Stop acting like there aren’t good RBs out there who could be very effective behind this line. They don’t have to be Zeke but they can be comparable.

Einstein

Reaction score
I’m sure they can find a good RB in next years draft. Stop acting like there aren’t good RBs out there who could be very effective behind this line. They don’t have to be Zeke but they can be comparable.
And stop acting like just any guy can run behind any offensive line as be as effective as another guy... Derrick Lassic wasn't as effective as Emmitt Smith

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Hell San Fran signed tevin Coleman to a contract that has a $2.5M cap hit this year, and next year has almost $0 in dead cap if cut.
There's a reason that RBs don't get paid, it's because the league knows they are replaceable. Especially ones that aren't elite receivers.

Don't waste your time with super, as you can tell from his reply he just doesn't get it. It's sad bit true.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
Are you now?
Take a look at the last 10 years of running backs drafted late 1st round or after and tell me how many of them are as good as Zeke.

So your plan is to become less talented then?
Nothing is as exciting as reducing your teams talent levels while letting a 23 year old future HOF talent walk out the door.

Why does this sound like a colossally stupid plan?