Andy Dalton | 2019 Highlights - Looks pretty good

Qcard

Reaction score
Well watch the atl vs cin game I posted in this thread I think, page 1, and cin and atl scored tds every time they had the ball lol
they had 1 fg and 7 tds the first half and the fg was because atl ran out of time.
So right there , i see why dalton had hard time winning, is the other teams can score at will if they can pass good.
It is a good game to watch dalton throw the ball, he hit one guy on a deep pass, in stride right on target, really nice pass.
Sounds like Dallas defense to me brother...

Not saying you but some want to have it both ways

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not in exact words, but it’s a stretch to say you weren’t indicating that by saying he doesn’t throw behind receivers and Dak fell short of Dalton in rushing TDs. You were clearly making that connection, and not just saying Dalton still has good arm strength. And obviously you are doing the same thing with this post.

Again, and again, while I agree Dalton is a good player, a highlight reel is not a fair and unbiased way to evaluate because, by definition, it is showing highlights and not a comprehensive view.
Well I also watched the 1 game or most of it, to see what he was like in a game , and he looked just as good as in the HL reel.
it isnt that hard to be as good as dak or better, especially when it comes to passing.
For both , forget the stats, forget the w/l record and look at how they pass, and how quick, and pocket presence and decision making.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I also watched the 1 game or most of it, to see what he was like in a game , and he looked just as good as in the HL reel.
it isnt that hard to be as good as dak or better, especially when it comes to passing.
For both , forget the stats, forget the w/l record and look at how they pass, and how quick, and pocket presence and decision making.
Yeah, one game. Lol. That’s a full view.

By the way, Dalton only had 4 rushing TDs last year, not 6. He’s never had 6 in a season. Dak, on the other hand, has had 6 rushing TDs in 3 of his 4 seasons, so that argument goes against you.

Adreme

Reaction score
Well watch the atl vs cin game I posted in this thread I think, page 1, and cin and atl scored tds every time they had the ball lol
they had 1 fg and 7 tds the first half and the fg was because atl ran out of time.
So right there , i see why dalton had hard time winning, is the other teams can score at will if they can pass good.
It is a good game to watch dalton throw the ball, he hit one guy on a deep pass, in stride right on target, really nice pass.

I mean he can have a good game or two, he is not a scrub (Fitzmagic strikes once or twice a year), but when you look at his numbers over the course of a year with the weapons he has, and has had, none of them make any sense for a good starter to have. He is 32 years old and they had him for nothing by starting QB money. If he was any good he would still be their QB and they would have either traded the number 1 for a haul or drafted Chase Young themselves.

khiladi

Reaction score
The offense had the 3rd worst starting field position in the nfl last season. And only 1 drive starting in the opponents territory. I don't think you realize how terrible that is.

This is a great read.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/its...-his-stat-padding-at-the-end-of-games.267694/
Every person that wants gone defends and loves romo lol. It's so easy to point out the bias. If only they were man enough to admit it.

1. The difference between Romo and Dak, is we didn’t have an all-pro line. We had the thirty first ranked rushing attack, when all was said and done, with Garrett as play-caller and bottom five in play action usage. Nor could we stop a blitz. I was calling for Garrett’s head since at least 2009. Dak NEVER had Garrett calling plays. In fact, the majority of his career they dumbed down the offense. Dak has probably seen more one deep safety, man on the outside looks in one game than Romo did on a season. Teams generally defended the Cowboys with Romo with two-deep safeties and cover two from the beginning.

2. Dallas traditionally had to abandon the game plans developed by Garrett at half, because he has no clue what he was doing. Even despite that, Romo BROUGHT his team back when trailing at half, unlike Dak who was 0-7. Dak couldn’t bring his team back even within very close range when down at half and he had a running game to rely on. The difference is Dallas DID WIN when Romo had to throw the ball.

3. What does starting field position have to do with the red zone? Dallas couldn’t score in the the red zone and they were 22nd in the league on the road with Dak. And starting field position in relation to other teams is insignificant. Dallas started at 26.19 on average and the Colts started at 27.99. 1.4 yards is the difference between 10 ranks, meaning the Colts were 20th I’m starting field position.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
1. The difference between Romo and Dak, is we didn’t have an all-pro line. We had the thirty first ranked rushing attack, when all was said and done, with Garrett as play-caller and bottom five in play action usage. Nor could we stop a blitz. I was calling for Garrett’s head since at least 2009. Dak NEVER had Garrett calling plays. In fact, the majority of his career they dumbed down the offense. Dak has probably seen more one deep safety, man on the outside looks in one game than Romo did on a season. Teams generally defended the Cowboys with Romo with two-deep safeties and cover two.

2. Dallas traditionally had to abandon the game plans developed by Garrett at half, because he has no clue what he was doing. Even despite that, Romo BROUGHT his team back when trailing at half, unlike Dak who was 0-7. Dak couldn’t bring his team back even within very close range when down at half and he had a running game to rely on.

3. What does starting field position have to do with the red zone? Dallas couldn’t score in the the red zone and they were 22nd in the league on the road with Dak. And starting field position in relation to other teams is insignificant. Dallas started at 26.19 on average and the Colts started at 27.99. 1.4 yards is the difference between 10 ranks, meaning the Colts were 20th I’m starting field position.
but Romo went to Cabo and wore his hat backwards and dated celebrities. who cares if he played on worse teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
So help me understand.....the Cowboys were down by 10.....they kick a field goal and are down by 7 and go for the onside kick.....yet, you consider it garbage time? So what do you consider garbage time if you lose the game by 30 points? The Cowboys had a chance to tie that game whether they sucked or not and they were bad that game. 17 points is too tough to come back from? With Garrett it is I guess.....

I see you are avoiding the question. So 21 points is an effective definition of garbage time? Everybody knows the Bears game was over.

Seriously bruh, just stop, You know it’s and I know it. The Bears weren’t playing prevent and running out the clock? Teams are concerned with running out the clock and preventing a quick score. Dak PADDED his stats in garbage time. That’s the facf. He got outplayed by Mitch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I see you are avoiding the question. So 21 points is an effective definition of garbage time? Everybody knows the Bears game was over.

Seriously bruh, just stop, You know it’s and I know it. The Bears weren’t playing prevent and running out the clock? Teams are concerned with running out the clock and preventing a quick score. Dak PADDED his stats in garbage time. That’s the facf. He got outplayed by Mitch.

Doesn’t look like prevent to me.......

khiladi

Reaction score
The reality is Dak is basically a bus driver, who this year was finally able to take advantage of man coverage on the outside with all his speedy receivers. I never said he couldn’t throw the ball, if he knew where he was going decisively. That’s why Witten actually called him a one-read QB from the booth.

As a progression QB, he’s indecisive, which is why he’s always throwing behind and never putting it in places where the receiver doesn’t have to slow down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1. The difference between Romo and Dak, is we didn’t have an all-pro line. We had the thirty first ranked rushing attack, when all was said and done, with Garrett as play-caller and bottom five in play action usage. Nor could we stop a blitz. I was calling for Garrett’s head since at least 2009. Dak NEVER had Garrett calling plays. In fact, the majority of his career they dumbed down the offense. Dak has probably seen more one deep safety, man on the outside looks in one game than Romo did on a season. Teams generally defended the Cowboys with Romo with two-deep safeties and cover two from the beginning.

2. Dallas traditionally had to abandon the game plans developed by Garrett at half, because he has no clue what he was doing. Even despite that, Romo BROUGHT his team back when trailing at half, unlike Dak who was 0-7. Dak couldn’t bring his team back even within very close range when down at half and he had a running game to rely on. The difference is Dallas DID WIN when Romo had to throw the ball.

2014 was a great offensive line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The reality is Dak is basically a bus driver, who this year was finally able to take advantage of man coverage on the outside with all his speedy receivers. I never said he couldn’t throw the ball, if he knew where he was going decisively. That’s why Witten actually called him a one-read QB from the booth.

As a progression QB, he’s indecisive, which is why he’s always throwing behind and never putting it in places where the receiver doesn’t have to slow down.
So Dak is the only quarterback in the league who throws behind his receivers at times?