Video: Andy Dalton: "Definitely A Transition For Me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Reaction score
Why does it have to be 2014 Tony Romo? Why can’t it be 2008 Tony Romo who stunk it up against Philly with the season on the line?
Because your statement was "Romo was crap" which is a closed statement and therefore includes his entire playing career. If you qualified it to one particular game from over 150 then ok, every player has a bad game.

Accountability is important, not just on here, but in every day life.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Because your statement was "Romo was crap" which is a closed statement and therefore includes his entire playing career. If you qualified it to one particular game from over 150 then ok, every player has a bad game.

He was crap. Thankfully Murray carried him in 2014 and he could dink and dunk.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
His protector (Garrett) is gone. Bet on the following as when he has another Dak game vs a good defense Andy will be coming in under center.
We have lost enough games vs good teams due to the inability of our passing attack.

There’s not a coach in this league who would’ve benched Dak Prescott at any point in his career.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

#rekt

Swagger

Reaction score
He was crap. Thankfully Murray carried him in 2014 and he could dink and dunk.
Does that include the game away to Seattle? Special teams gave up 14 points (muffed fair catch and blocked punt), Cowboys entered the game with away teams having won one out of twenty in Seattle. Last time I checked Murray didn't throw a dime to TWill on 3rd and twenty in the clutch against the legion of boom after extending the play and avoiding the sack. I'm not talking about a Tim Tebow type run being regarded a big play but a man throw on the quarterback down and long. I have huge respect for Rodgers but even he wouldn't throw the ball Sherman's way during this period of time...#9 did and Dez did the rest during the game.

Big boy football.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Does that include the game away to Seattle? Special teams gave up 14 points (muffed fair catch and blocked punt), Cowboys entered the game with away teams having won one out of twenty in Seattle. Last time I checked Murray didn't throw a dime to TWill on 3rd and twenty in the clutch against the legion of boom after extending the play and avoiding the sack. I'm not talking about a Tim Tebow type run being regarded a big play but a man throw on the quarterback down and long. I have huge respect for Rodgers but even he wouldn't throw the ball Sherman's way during this period of time...#9 did and Dez did the rest during the game.

Big boy football.
Ten years playing in the league and he has 3 big regular season wins. Special talent we had there. :laugh:

basel90

Reaction score
What if Dak falters week 1,, how soon does the fan base demand Dalton?
Just curious what you think is all, something Ive been wondering about since we signed him.
Cant take your starter out that soon,, MM would look the fool.
But just how much patience will MM have,, Im betting until Dak is unable to play because of a shoulder injury or hammy,, something like that.
Hoping Dak can come right out of the gate firing shots to this top WR core, and presenting himself as a field general, taking no prisoners.
I agree it will be difficult benching Dak since he is paid 31 mil this year and Jerry wants to see him prove himself , and will give him all he chances . But , If by week 8 the cowboys are not in the Positive winning percentage and Dak fails to impress and loses games against the eagles , Seahawks , then Jerry and Stephen will have a conversation about this with MM . Jerry does not want to pay 37 mil to a mediocre QB . The record by week 8 has to be at least 6-4 and with convincing victories . A decision may be made to switch if the cowboys are in danger not to make the playoffs. The fan base will be all chanting for Andy to come in .

basel90

Reaction score
With all these weapons how could you not?

Dak had all the weapons the last few years , but the results against winning teams and at crucial games when the running game faltered were disappointing. Yards and stats but losses at almost every challenge . The blame was put on jason mostly . Now Dak has to show he is elite .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm very happy we got a vet QB in here as opposed to relying on Rush or another late rd or UDFA QB. I also know Dallas believes in Dak and he is the starting QB, there are 31.5 mill reason to think this team believes in Dak. Only people confused with the roles of these 2 QB are those who have been opposed to Dak from the get go.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dalton is just one of the really good guys in the NFL.
All of his teammates love him. (AJ Green is possibly his closest friend, for example)
Hard worker that is humble but confident. Very fit and still talented enough.

Barring injury, he will be in the league for another 5-6 years, I would guess.
He's already had a nice, solid career. Plus he's made 85-90 mil.

It sounds like he and Dak have become fairly close friends--which is cool.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak had all the weapons the last few years , but the results against winning teams and at crucial games when the running game faltered were disappointing. Yards and stats but losses at almost every challenge . The blame was put on jason mostly . Now Dak has to show he is elite .

I like Dak but actually do not disagree with you. I do think in big games that the game plans themselves were too conservative, Cowboys played not to lose instead of playing to win. That can be directed to the coaches but does not change the fact that with this franchise tag and the weapons around Dak he is under pressure to perform at a very high level if he expect to get a long term contract with Dallas. Only difference I can see is I'm in Dak corner and expect him to meet the challenge others no so much

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I agree it will be difficult benching Dak since he is paid 31 mil this year and Jerry wants to see him prove himself , and will give him all he chances . But , If by week 8 the cowboys are not in the Positive winning percentage and Dak fails to impress and loses games against the eagles , Seahawks , then Jerry and Stephen will have a conversation about this with MM . Jerry does not want to pay 37 mil to a mediocre QB . The record by week 8 has to be at least 6-4 and with convincing victories . A decision may be made to switch if the cowboys are in danger not to make the playoffs. The fan base will be all chanting for Andy to come in .

You're another one that makes the determination of a team record strictly on the QB. You're another one that thinks actual NFL coaches won't see that other things BESIDES the QB could have more blame on losses and not pull Prescott like you think. What if Prescott has only 2 or 3 picks after week 8 but the Cowboys record is only 4-4 or 3-5 but in one of those losses say Elliott fumbles the ball deep in their own end of the field just after the 2 minute warning that gives the other team the winning score or the DB's give up to many deep passes in all of the losses or the new kicker keeps missing field goals and 3 or 4 losses are by 2 and 2 and 1 and 1point. Maybe Prescott gets sacked more than in past years. There are a multitude of reasons the Cowboys can lose games other than Prescott and actual NFL coaches will see that. Jerry ALREADY think Prescott is their franchise QB. He's not saying he has to prove it to him. McCarthy has also said how impressed he is with Prescott so I don't think McCarthy is in a prove it mode either. Only the Prescott haters are looking for anything to justify getting Prescott benched.

basel90

Reaction score
You're another one that makes the determination of a team record strictly on the QB. You're another one that thinks actual NFL coaches won't see that other things BESIDES the QB could have more blame on losses and not pull Prescott like you think. What if Prescott has only 2 or 3 picks after week 8 but the Cowboys record is only 4-4 or 3-5 but in one of those losses say Elliott fumbles the ball deep in their own end of the field just after the 2 minute warning that gives the other team the winning score or the DB's give up to many deep passes in all of the losses or the new kicker keeps missing field goals and 3 or 4 losses are by 2 and 2 and 1 and 1point. Maybe Prescott gets sacked more than in past years. There are a multitude of reasons the Cowboys can lose games other than Prescott and actual NFL coaches will see that. Jerry ALREADY think Prescott is their franchise QB. He's not saying he has to prove it to him. McCarthy has also said how impressed he is with Prescott so I don't think McCarthy is in a prove it mode either. Only the Prescott haters are looking for anything to justify getting Prescott benched.
Actually if dak has only 2-3 interceptions by mid season and plays well, i don't see anyone is gonna blame dak . Not even if he fumbles away at the end of a game etc etc. I am talking about dak being out of sync, inaccurate throws , confusion, and 5-8 interceptions . If that happens , then Dak will be questioned and there will be a big push to start andy , you just watch. The painful in my estimation is that dak will not play that bad to warrant a switch in QB , especially against weak and mediocre opponents. The concern is that he is being paid top 3 money and when the time comes for him to win a crucial game or a playoff game , he will fizzle.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Actually if dak has only 2-3 interceptions by mid season and plays well, i don't see anyone is gonna blame dak . Not even if he fumbles away at the end of a game etc etc. I am talking about dak being out of sync, inaccurate throws , confusion, and 5-8 interceptions . If that happens , then Dak will be questioned and there will be a big push to start andy , you just watch. The painful in my estimation is that dak will not play that bad to warrant a switch in QB , especially against weak and mediocre opponents. The concern is that he is being paid top 3 money and when the time comes for him to win a crucial game or a playoff game , he will fizzle.

Tell me so far when has Prescott had 8 picks half way through the season? So far Prescott has had completion percentages of 67.8, 612.8,67.7 and 65.1 but you think all of a sudden he's going to drop down to some bad completion percentage. Just when and how long has Prescott been out of sync? What you're doing is saying and/or hoping that Prescott is going to take three steps backward so the coaches MIGHT think about pulling him. Most football people, even those who aren't big Cowboys fans, have said that each year Prescott has progressed not regressed. Again axctual NFL coaches see and know that some of the losses have been because of things other than Prescott. Take one of the playoffs loss like the rams where just about every football person has said that the defense cost the Cowboys that game but people like you just put the blame on Presott.

basel90

Reaction score
Tell me so far when has Prescott had 8 picks half way through the season? So far Prescott has had completion percentages of 67.8, 612.8,67.7 and 65.1 but you think all of a sudden he's going to drop down to some bad completion percentage. Just when and how long has Prescott been out of sync? What you're doing is saying and/or hoping that Prescott is going to take three steps backward so the coaches MIGHT think about pulling him. Most football people, even those who aren't big Cowboys fans, have said that each year Prescott has progressed not regressed. Again axctual NFL coaches see and know that some of the losses have been because of things other than Prescott. Take one of the playoffs loss like the rams where just about every football person has said that the defense cost the Cowboys that game but people like you just put the blame on Presott.
obviously you see dak as elite and a super star. i don't think he has proven anything other than he is a good QB . But elite or top 5 , no way . Obviously you want to overcome his inaccuracies against quality or pressure defenses. you want to overlook his debacles in 2018- 2019 against many good and bad teams and his 1- 6 record against playoff teams last year. Just remember , stats and garbage yardage will not win a super bowl. Accuracy , ability to read defenses , and managing game situations . He has not done this yet despite your appreciation of him. heck , he failed against some bad teams as well.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
obviously you see dak as elite and a super star. i don't think he has proven anything other than he is a good QB . But elite or top 5 , no way . Obviously you want to overcome his inaccuracies against quality or pressure defenses. you want to overlook his debacles in 2018- 2019 against many good and bad teams and his 1- 6 record against playoff teams last year. Just remember , stats and garbage yardage will not win a super bowl. Accuracy , ability to read defenses , and managing game situations . He has not done this yet despite your appreciation of him. heck , he failed against some bad teams as well.

This might shock you but I don't think Prescott is the best QB or even in the top 5, but he is far far far better than those that want to get rid of him or play Dalton think he is. I tried to find it again but was unable to, but there was a graph put out by one of the sites that do NFL records in one of the threads here that showed like 5 of the teams that are considered the good teams and NONE of them had a winning record against other winning teams over the last 5 years. You're another one that wants to blame Prescott for every loss over the last 4 years and not even consider anyone else or one of the other units on the team for the reason they lost some of those games. Also you want to dismiss the fact that other teams get upset by teams that aren't considered to be very good. That's how the saying started that on any given Sunday. You also stressed last season so much and accuracy, well inaccuracy would mean a lot of picks. Now lets see, Winston had 30, with 30 TD's, Dalton had 14 picks with 16TD's and Prescott had 11 picks with 30 TD's. Ya that really looks like a huge accuracy problem. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that most sports people in the media, even those who aren't big Cowboys fans have said that Prescott has progressed EVERY year. They even said last season considering the Cowboys receiving corp led the league in drops. Oh did you happen to forget that last season the Cowboys had the #1 offense in the league. I think your funny that you brought up 2018 when the Cowboys got to the divisional round of the playoffs and lost because of the DEFENSE. Of course you forgot about those things because all you think about is replacing Prescott

basel90

Reaction score
This might shock you but I don't think Prescott is the best QB or even in the top 5, but he is far far far better than those that want to get rid of him or play Dalton think he is. I tried to find it again but was unable to, but there was a graph put out by one of the sites that do NFL records in one of the threads here that showed like 5 of the teams that are considered the good teams and NONE of them had a winning record against other winning teams over the last 5 years. You're another one that wants to blame Prescott for every loss over the last 4 years and not even consider anyone else or one of the other units on the team for the reason they lost some of those games. Also you want to dismiss the fact that other teams get upset by teams that aren't considered to be very good. That's how the saying started that on any given Sunday. You also stressed last season so much and accuracy, well inaccuracy would mean a lot of picks. Now lets see, Winston had 30, with 30 TD's, Dalton had 14 picks with 16TD's and Prescott had 11 picks with 30 TD's. Ya that really looks like a huge accuracy problem. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that most sports people in the media, even those who aren't big Cowboys fans have said that Prescott has progressed EVERY year. They even said last season considering the Cowboys receiving corp led the league in drops. Oh did you happen to forget that last season the Cowboys had the #1 offense in the league. I think your funny that you brought up 2018 when the Cowboys got to the divisional round of the playoffs and lost because of the DEFENSE. Of course you forgot about those things because all you think about is replacing Prescott
You are contradicting yourself ,you say the cowboys have a top offense , but don’t want to blame Dak for lack of results or lack of sufficient points against good and sometimes bad teams . If you agree the cowboys have #1 offense , how come Dak failed to score ONE TD against so many teams? Just last year for example saints , patriots , eagles etc etc , and looked lost in many other losses ?
I never said Dak is the only reason for these losses . You just want to finger point things to defray criticism. I want to hear you list the games where Dak saved the team when the running game stalled , great comebacks , show me someone special warranting top 2-3 pay in the NFL . Otherwise stop hiding behind stats and excuses.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You are contradicting yourself ,you say the cowboys have a top offense , but don’t want to blame Dak for lack of results or lack of sufficient points against good and sometimes bad teams . If you agree the cowboys have #1 offense , how come Dak failed to score ONE TD against so many teams? Just last year for example saints , patriots , eagles etc etc , and looked lost in many other losses ?
I never said Dak is the only reason for these losses . You just want to finger point things to defray criticism. I want to hear you list the games where Dak saved the team when the running game stalled , great comebacks , show me someone special warranting top 2-3 pay in the NFL . Otherwise stop hiding behind stats and excuses.

You're just like everyone else who are looking to get rid of Prescott. Anything good that happens for the Cowboys it's a team game and everything that goes wrong then it's not a team game but all Prescott's fault. Why don't you talk about the defense that was towards the bottom of the league in getting 3 and outs which accounted for the Cowboys also being towards the bottom of the league in starting position for starting drives that is if the defense didn't give up some kind of score. Or why not talk about the special teams that also ranked towards the bottom of the league. Why - because those other things won't fit into blaming Prescott for all the losses. People like you only think it's a team sport when they win.

basel90

Reaction score
You're just like everyone else who are looking to get rid of Prescott. Anything good that happens for the Cowboys it's a team game and everything that goes wrong then it's not a team game but all Prescott's fault. Why don't you talk about the defense that was towards the bottom of the league in getting 3 and outs which accounted for the Cowboys also being towards the bottom of the league in starting position for starting drives that is if the defense didn't give up some kind of score. Or why not talk about the special teams that also ranked towards the bottom of the league. Why - because those other things won't fit into blaming Prescott for all the losses. People like you only think it's a team sport when they win.
I have acknowledged the Defense was bad , but it seems you are the one who doesn’t want to acknowledge Dak’s futilities and losses when facing good teams ,despite all the examples and despite the offense being top notch in OL / WR/ RB . You want to overlook the failures to score 1 TD in so many games with Dak . Heck , even in 2018 , Dak had a game when he could not even engineer 1 point against the colts . Look , these debacle games are there and there are many , but you don’t want to explain them other than using excuses .

Status
Not open for further replies.