Video: Andy Dalton: "Definitely A Transition For Me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Reaction score
I have acknowledged the Defense was bad , but it seems you are the one who doesn’t want to acknowledge Dak’s futilities and losses when facing good teams ,despite all the examples and despite the offense being top notch in OL / WR/ RB . You want to overlook the failures to score 1 TD in so many games with Dak . Heck , even in 2018 , Dak had a game when he could not even engineer 1 point against the colts . Look , these debacle games are there and there are many , but you don’t want to explain them other than using excuses .
What about the intangibles?

shabazz

Reaction score
When has Dak ever faltered to the point he warranted benching?

I know it may seem like ancient history but how bout last season?

Patriots, Saints and Eagles game, Dakota should have been pulled. 10 point and less efforts in all 3 games should have merited an early departure but Garrett didn’t have enough sense to make that call

That’s why we now have MM. He will yank Rayne out of the game the next time he gets that familiar “deer in the headlights” look and fails to deliver

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I have acknowledged the Defense was bad , but it seems you are the one who doesn’t want to acknowledge Dak’s futilities and losses when facing good teams ,despite all the examples and despite the offense being top notch in OL / WR/ RB . You want to overlook the failures to score 1 TD in so many games with Dak . Heck , even in 2018 , Dak had a game when he could not even engineer 1 point against the colts . Look , these debacle games are there and there are many , but you don’t want to explain them other than using excuses .

Here's what's funny and this time it is ha ha funny, you act like even the QB's you consider to be the best have never had and don't continue to have bad games at times. You want to point out a bad game in 2018 when the Cowboys went to the NFC divisional payoff game. That's funny. Gee lets cherry pick another Cowboys situation. Roger Staubach that most feel is the greatest QB the Cowboys ever had in 1972 with the NFC east title on the line the Cowboys lost to the giants but went to the playoffs as a wildcard team and got as far as the Divisional round and losing. Oh did I mention in that giants game the Cowboys only scored 3 points. Gee that 1972 team and results sound a awful lot like 2018.

Quit your squawking about this game or that game and just tell the truth that you'll grab at anything to justify in your mind that Prescott is the bases for all the losses for the last 4 years. Save your breath you're never going to convince me. With that this is over so don't bother to reply because I'll just ignore it.
'

Swagger

Reaction score

Patriots, Saints and Eagles game, Dakota should have been pulled. 10 point and less efforts in all 3 games should have merited an early departure but Garrett didn’t have enough sense to make that call

That’s why we now have MM. He will yank Rayne out of the game the next time he gets that familiar “deer in the headlights” look and fails to deliver
I agree especially with the Eagles game. Even though Rush was the back up we only needed a QB to throw regulation passes.

Swagger

Reaction score
Here's what's funny and this time it is ha ha funny, you act like even the QB's you consider to be the best have never had and don't continue to have bad games at times. You want to point out a bad game in 2018 when the Cowboys went to the NFC divisional payoff game. That's funny. Gee lets cherry pick another Cowboys situation. Roger Staubach that most feel is the greatest QB the Cowboys ever had in 1972 with the NFC east title on the line the Cowboys lost to the giants but went to the playoffs as a wildcard team and got as far as the Divisional round and losing. Oh did I mention in that giants game the Cowboys only scored 3 points. Gee that 1972 team and results sound a awful lot like 2018.

Quit your squawking about this game or that game and just tell the truth that you'll grab at anything to justify in your mind that Prescott is the bases for all the losses for the last 4 years. Save your breath you're never going to convince me. With that this is over so don't bother to reply because I'll just ignore it.
'
Of course every player has bad games.

From a purely objective viewpoint I watched the Eagles game last season and just couldn't see how we were going to win with how Prescott was throwing the ball. If his shoulder was bothering him who knows and even more reason to pull him. If it was then he shouldn't have been cleared to play.

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree especially with the Eagles game. Even though Rush was the back up we only needed a QB to throw regulation passes.

Agree. Garrett was as ineffective as Dakota was and it cost us the playoffs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'll tell ya what's weird. Backup QB had ZERO snaps in 2 years? You have GOT to be kidding me. It must be some sort of joke.

Some people say Rush was terrible.....but two problems there....they never saw him play...AND they bash Garret for being a terrible coach. So they DIDN'T trust him running the team but DID trust him managing Rush?:> Come on.

Something fishy here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

'

WHo said "great QB's dont; have bad games". I looked but I keep missing it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

'

Again...who said Dak was the "bases" for all of our losses. I just don;t see these radical statements you are making. Please show me.

I could "infer" the opposite...that YOU are denying Dak had any involvement at all in any loss ever. You see how this inferring and assuming is a dangerous game.

Or maybe you DO believe that.

JBond

Reaction score
When has Dak ever faltered to the point he warranted benching?
We should have pulled him in Philly last year. The reality is he probably shouldn't have started that game. Like Dak, but a beat up QB sometimes need a break to heal. Should have prepared our #2 all week. May have made a difference in the result.

The other game was when Atlanta was crushing Dak play after play due to poor line play.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
His protector (Garrett) is gone. Bet on the following as when he has another Dak game vs a good defense Andy will be coming in under center.
We have lost enough games vs good teams due to the inability of our passing attack.
I bet you anything you want to bet that this season Dak will not be sat on the bench for Dalton unless it's an injury to Dak or the starters or getting rest

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
His protector (Garrett) is gone. Bet on the following as when he has another Dak game vs a good defense Andy will be coming in under center.
We have lost enough games vs good teams due to the inability of our passing attack.
The average NFL career is 3.3 years. You have been predicting the demise of Dak Prescott since the very beginning. You’re now in the 5th year of this schtick. One year you will be right if you keep at it and I have no doubt you’ll beat your chest claiming you predicted it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If Andy has to play for any considerable amount of time, I will root for draft position.
Dalton is solid but he isn't close to being better then Dak and anybody saying so I have to question any football IQ that they don't possess.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I very seriously doubt that McCarthy who has already said how impressed he is with Prescott would even for a split second risk pissing off Jones in his very first year as coach by benching the player the Cowboys are paying the most to on the entire team. All Prescott haters do is try to push whatever scenario they can think of that doesn't involve using common sense or actual thinking.

basel90

Reaction score
You cannot compare staubach to Dak .
You want me not to cherry pick games , what about the 1-6 Record against playoff teams ? His record against playoff teams even before last year is abysmal . So am not cherry picking .

meanwhile , his yardage stats are good , if that qualifies or means anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.