Andy Dalton Era Begins **merged**

mldardy

Reaction score
Not to argue with you, but the team that struggled to beat the last place Giants has no chance of going 5-1 in any division in the NFL.
Have you seen this division? 5-1 is very doable. The Commanders and Giants are a mess and the Eagles are just a little above a mess.

strollinruss

Reaction score
I think there’s a chance this team has a better season with Dalton than we would have with Dak, if only marginally so. And before people jump all over me, please hear me out. It’s not that Dalton is the better QB because I highly doubt he is. But with him at the helm I think it’s more likely we go to more of a ball control offense versus the slinging it around that we were doing with Dak. With a competent defense I think the slinging it around could work. But it also comes with more turnovers and less time of possession which puts more pressure on an already garbage D. I think running the clock and taking care of the football reduces the liability that our D is and keeps us from digging huge early holes as we have done in every game so far this year.

With that said, this team wasn’t going very far with or without Dak. Just too many holes to be honest.
I like the way you think. I was telling some people this earlier in the year and everyone thinks I’m crazy. Let the offense ride and focus on what we can do with who’s healthy. Then focus all extra monies we can scape together on piecing together a decent D

RoboQB

Reaction score
Not to argue with you, but the team that struggled to beat the last place Giants has no chance of going 5-1 in any division in the NFL.

Thing is, the team has 2 of the 4 total wins in the division that
include the 0-5 Giants.
I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up though... lol

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So, you literally had no sense that your thread celebrating Dalton's tenor beginning with all the exclamation marks would send that signal?

So, you either have no class or no ability to write well enough to send the right signals.
It sent that signal to you though. You're not everybody.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Lol. I knew Dak haters would have a problem with Dalton being held to the same standards they created for Dak. This is going to be fun.

Im not a Dak hater, just think the money we would of paid him will be better paid on Defense and O-Line depth.

See I dont expect Dalton to be great or even good and I bet he wont be as productive as Dak, however, he'll show that with the offensive tools we have we dont need an 'elite' QB. We need to improve that defense, and the only way to do that is to put resources into it.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Im not a Dak hater, just think the money we would of paid him will be better paid on Defense and O-Line depth.

See I dont expect Dalton to be great or even good and I he wont be as productive than Dak, however, it'll show that with the offensive tools we have we dont need an 'elite' QB. We need to improve that defense, and the only way to do that is to put resources into it.
Well, I expect him to be perfect. And if he is not, he is going to be blamed. Zero excuses with these weapons.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

See I dont expect Dalton to be great or even good and I he wont be as productive than Dak, however, it'll show that with the offensive tools we have we dont need an 'elite' QB. We need to improve that defense, and the only way to do that is to put resources into it.
What resources are you going to get. You think a good defense can be bought. Dallas went out and spent money in free agency bringing players in, name 1 that has improved the defense from last year.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Listen man. I’ll stop personal attacks. But you’re in no position to tell me to grow up.

You know what you did. You know your intentions with the original post, and now you’re not man enough to admit it. Instead you’re feigning ignorance and playing the victim.

I’ll admit I shouldn’t attack you personally.

Man up and admit you were wrong.
Can you prove his intentions or can you assume his intentions which are two different things. We know y'all Dak stans are super sad and nobody wishes injury on anybody but y'all can't be ganging up on people like a bunch of cowards because someone doesn't do what y'all want. If he has a history of saying Dak should get injured my apologies. Just because someone doesn't think Dak is the answer at QB doesn't mean they want him to go out like this smh.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Can you prove his intentions or can you assume his intentions which are two different things. We know y'all Dak stans are super sad and nobody wishes injury on anybody but y'all can't be ganging up on people like a bunch of cowards because someone doesn't do what y'all want. If he has a history of saying Dak should get injured my apologies. Just because someone doesn't think Dak is the answer at QB doesn't mean they want him to go out like this smh.

I can read Phil. No assumptions here. It was clear as day to just about everybody. And the poster does have a history. Which is why people reacted the way they did. The intent was clear.

he has a history of trolling Dak threads and then immediately started that thread as soon as the game was over with the same type of responses. He was needling folks on purpose.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
9cSM3Z4.jpg

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What resources are you going to get. You think a good defense can be bought. Dallas went out and spent money in free agency bringing players in, name 1 that has improved the defense from last year.

Exactly we went dumpter diving for projects of aging veterans with health issues the Clinton-Dix, McCoy and Poe's, because (as ever) we couldnt compete with other teams as we didnt have any CAP space.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I can read Phil. No assumptions here. It was clear as day to just about everybody. And the poster does have a history. Which is why people reacted the way they did. The intent was clear.

What history?????? When have I ever said I hope Dakl gets hurt???? NEVER. I have often questioned Dak's contract and his play so stop with the BS as my position has always been that Dak isn't leading Dallas to the Super Bowl which because you disagree with you make fraudulent statements about what I did and didn't say.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What history?????? When have I ever said I hope Dakl gets hurt???? NEVER. I have often questioned Dak's contract and his play so stop with the BS as my position has always been that Dak isn't leading Dallas to the Super Bowl which because you disagree with you make fraudulent statements about what I did and didn't say.

Lol
Man you know what the intent of your OP was.

Stop playing the victim. Man up. It’s pathetic.

You troll constantly about QB wins. Then troll people immediately after the game was over rubbing people’s noses in the fact that Dak was hurt and Dalton “won”

And now play the victim when people react.

You aren’t a victim.

you trolled. People trolled you back. Stop
Playing the victim.

superonyx

Reaction score
I’m a big Dak fan, I hope we can bring him back on a deal! Only reason I want to draft a qb is because teams that pay their qbs don’t win a super bowl.. most of the time it’s on a rookie contract or qb taking under market contract aka like how Brady did.
The Brady discount is over hyped. It gives the false impression he was playing for a kickers salary. If you look at what he was making he was always one of the top few guys in the league.
I don't feel that Mahommes, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, Rothlisberger, are less likely to win as SB because of their salary.

In the last 15 years any QB not named Tom Brady was not likely to win a SB. People take this info and combine it with the misconception that he wasn't highly paid as proof of something that may not actually be true.

superonyx

Reaction score
Dalton can be a good starter for 2-3 years while the Cowboys draft his successor next year.
Yea man. Nothing says Championship like having the worst defense in Cowboys history and spending your valuable draft picks on a QB.