Andy Dalton Era Begins **merged**

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
no one said it's all Dak, no one.

but if Andy can come in a prevent 41-14 going into the 4th quarter by being more consistent Q1-3 we're better off, especially if he's cheaper. Enjoy the W!
Yeah, beating a winless team. Joy!!!

Trajan

Reaction score
Yeah, beating a winless team. Joy!!!

we have two wins this season, what are those teams combined records ?

we were not going anywhere with Dak, our defense is putrid. We won’t go anywhere with Dalton for the same reason.

Reactions: BAT

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So we can see where you're coming from now.
Lol. Not like I have been trying to hide anything. Dalton will get all the blame for losses and none of the credit for winning. Not hard to do. Dak haters have done it for 4.25 years. Dalton deserves the same treatment.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Then there aren’t any excuses for why we can’t go all the way now that horrible Dak isn’t playing. Let’s see what Opie can do against good teams.
you act like it is daltons fault dak got hurt ! Dak should have went down or slid. It had nothing to do with dalton.
Dalton was hired to fill in for a game or 2 or a partial game , thats it.
It is pointless to bash him because he now has to be starter for more 2 games.

LOL at least wait till he has a whole week to prepare and plays a whole game to judge or bash him.
All things considered he did great job today, it was a win, and a div win.
Andy Dalton 9/11 111 10.1 0 0 1-5 108.7
Dak Prescott 14/21 166 7.9 0 1 1-7 70.7
Daniel Jones 20/33 222 6.7 0 0 2-11 80.6

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
you act like it is daltons fault dak got hurt ! Dak should have went down or slid. It had nothing to do with dalton.
Dalton was hired to fill in for a game or 2 or a partial game , thats it.
It is pointless to bash him because he now has to be starter for more 2 games.

LOL at least wait till he has a whole week to prepare and plays a whole game to judge or bash him.
All things considered he did great job today, it was a win, and a div win.
Andy Dalton 9/11 111 10.1 0 0 1-5 108.7
Dak Prescott 14/21 166 7.9 0 1 1-7 70.7
Daniel Jones 20/33 222 6.7 0 0 2-11 80.6
How did our back up play in this game when Romo
Went down in 2015?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791705

Let’s see how Weeden 2.0 continues to play.

zeke21

Reaction score
Not a Dak fan but would never celebrate an injury.. end of story.

However.. it happened and now we move on. This season is still, for the miracle ineptitude that is the NE right now.. alive for us. That means we need Dalton up to speed and fast.

It also, if truth be told, may be a blessing if Jones and Co get a chance to see how the offence operates without Dak - good or bad. It either means we put the monster offer in front of him or we have 'dodged the bullet' so to speak. Still a lot to play out in regards to that I suspect.

I doubt Dalton will be putting up 'record' numbers.. but I liked how we moved the ball in the drives he led.. run first. The wheels feel off because for some reason Moore went for 2 poor trick plays in a row deep in the red zone.. which was odd considering we had run it at will.

The Dalton fumble was ugly but rookie centre and guy off the bench.. its kinda not a time to assume the worst. I would assume that a week of practise will iron out those issues.

As for his actual QB play.. I thought Dalton handled the pressure well.. delivered some nice sharp balls.. and missed a few open ones. Again I would think that for a guy off the bench in his first year in the organisation.. it went pretty well.

The most important thing.. Dalton and the team got the W.. hopefully that gives the whole team the sense this season is still open to them and not to give up.

I wanted Dalton from the start of the season.. I have always thought it was time to see how we did with someone other than Dak in the backfield.. I never wanted it like this.. but here we are. All I hope is that the Cowboys seriously re-think the defence and start to win football games.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Andy Dalton is a 32 year old backup who has never won a playoff game and looked like crap in every one he played.

His "era" is the rest of this season. :rolleyes:

rags

Reaction score
The people who have criticized Jerry and Stephen in the past are going to have to praise them now. At least we have an experienced QB that can step in and start for us.