Andy Dalton Era Begins **merged**

superonyx

Reaction score
I like the way you think. I was telling some people this earlier in the year and everyone thinks I’m crazy. Let the offense ride and focus on what we can do with who’s healthy. Then focus all extra monies we can scape together on piecing together a decent D
You've seen who we have playing offensive line right?
We have 1 guy on the OL that should be starting in the NFL this season. 1! Is this what you need to become a ground control offense?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Exactly we went dumpter diving for projects of aging veterans with health issues the Clinton-Dix, McCoy and Poe's, because (as ever) we couldnt compete with other teams as we didnt have any CAP space.
That's complete nonsense. Dallas had plenty of cap space and could have signed about anybody. Problem is, you aren't buying a defense through free agency. Its rare that it ever works

InTheZone

Reaction score
Well, Dalton is supposed to be the savior. Super Bowl or bust. No excuses
4 mil vs 31/40+? And so far Andy is putting the ball where it needs to go in front of the receiver, so far so good. Lets just let the season play out to see if Dalton is as good I believe he is or as bad as you believe he is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I can read Phil. No assumptions here. It was clear as day to just about everybody. And the poster does have a history. Which is why people reacted the way they did. The intent was clear.

he has a history of trolling Dak threads and then immediately started that thread as soon as the game was over with the same type of responses. He was needling folks on purpose.
You can assume but if I asked you to show proof where is your actual proof at? Saying he doesn't like Dak as a QB isn't proof. I don't like Dak as a QB but I'm not happy he got hurt. I want him to stay or not based on play on the field not injury. We aren't going to agree but I just think y'all are being super sensitive because the poster doesn't like Dak. Like I said show me proof he roots for injuries I'll be right there with you. Otherwise this is something that is up to perception IMO. Again we don't agree so I don't want to go back and forth but I just disagree with you on this one. Thanks for your response and have a good night my man.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You can assume but if I asked you to show proof where is your actual proof at? Saying he doesn't like Dak as a QB isn't proof. I don't like Dak as a QB but I'm not happy he got hurt. I want him to stay or not based on play on the field not injury. We aren't going to agree but I just think y'all are being super sensitive because the poster doesn't like Dak. Like I said show me proof he roots for injuries I'll be right there with you. Otherwise this is something that is up to perception IMO. Again we don't agree so I don't want to go back and forth but I just disagree with you on this one. Thanks for your response and have a good night my man.

The dude was trolling. He got trolled back. That’s what happens.

I Never said he “roots for injuries”. I don’t think he necessarily roots for injuries.

he ain’t a victim though. He trolled. He got trolled back. He asked for it and he received.

It was definitely a purposeful dig at folks though. Based on previous convos with folks.

You have a good night too Phil. I always appreciate the convo with ya.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
4 mil vs 31/40+? And so far Andy is putting the ball where it needs to go in front of the receiver, so far so good. Lets just let the season play out to see if Dalton is as good I believe he is or as bad as you believe he is.
He tried to give the game away with a pick 6 and then fumbled to give the lead away after we took control. Not giving him any slack whatsoever.

rangers71

Reaction score
Dalton is playing with new toys, lets give him a chance to show off what he can do.

Let's revisit these posts when he plays like crap and then we move on to the next qb. As soon as he loses a game it will be off with his head.

InTheZone

Reaction score
He tried to give the game away with a pick 6 and then fumbled to give the lead away after we took control. Not giving him any slack whatsoever.
it's ok because it's better than the last two game ending picks with the multiple picks and dropped picks and fumbles trying to give it away. So far Andy has been more efficient, can't beat that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
it's ok because it's better than the last two game ending picks with the multiple picks and dropped picks and fumbles trying to give it away. So far Andy has been more efficient, can't beat that.
Then there aren’t any excuses for why we can’t go all the way now that horrible Dak isn’t playing. Let’s see what Opie can do against good teams.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Then there aren’t any excuses for why we can’t go all the way now that horrible Dak isn’t playing. Let’s see what Opie can do against good teams.
no one said it's all Dak, no one.

but if Andy can come in a prevent 41-14 going into the 4th quarter by being more consistent Q1-3 we're better off, especially if he's cheaper. Enjoy the W!

Reaction score
Dalton is playing with new toys, lets give him a chance to show off what he can do.

Dalton was impressive with little to no practice,,, quickly reading defenses and dropping dimes when the pressure was on. It's sad that the Cowboys defense is going freaking backwards this year, whoever's responsible should be beaten severely except that he's elderly and it wouldn't be right,,,

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well I hated to see dak get that bad of a injury, but lets face it , it happened. I hope he heals up good enough to play again
next season.
Now like it or not Dalton is the starter, unless jerry goes and get Kap, which I hope he doesnt, not unless dalton is really bad.

Dalton did good today, for this type season and probably not much practice weekly, dak would have got all the reps.
Andy Dalton 9/11 111 10.1 0 0 1-5 108.7
Dak Prescott 14/21 166 7.9 0 1 1-7 70.7
Daniel Jones 20/33 222 6.7 0 0 2-11 80.6
as you can see his numbers look good compared to either of the other starters.
Can he be consistent is the key, and will kellen and MM help him by running more?
Elliot needs to get 25 carries a game, let him earn his money, and just do a lot of play action passing after run success.
Do better on top, and probably have less turnovers.

I am not sure kellen can call a heavy run game, he just wants to pass too much. Have to wait and see, but if they ask
dalton to throw 40 or more passes a game , that is just stupid. I thought it was stupid having dak do that.
But I will root for dalton to do well, this game will give him a little confidence, and he has time to get ready to play a whole game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I'm simply not a fan of paying $40 mil a year for a single player. I don't care who that player is.

We're playing with bargain basement players in the 2ndary. How do we fix that with a single player eating up 25% of our cap?
This. With our D and Oline, neither Dak nor Rocket are taking this team to a championship this year or probably any year in the current future until the FO invests on the defensive side of the ball. Don't hold your breath.