Andy Dalton is a quality QB

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Wow another one sitting on his couch thinks he's a genuine NFL scout/GM. Which Cracker Jacks box did you get your credentials in?
Once you get the Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring, anything's possible.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Talk about excuses, here's your big excuse and I'll quote you " i just think he is short on talent to be considered an elite franchise QB, in other words he's an average Joe!" First off just when did you become recognized by all or any of the NFL GM's to be an expert and gifted evaluator of NFL talent? Here's a little hint for your big excuse. Going into free agency this off season the #1 rated free agent was Prescott. Please tell me all the years that an average player was the highest rated free agent going into free agency. In fact Prescott at #1 was rated higher than Brady.

I've always said that QB's get way to much blame for a team lossing and way to much credit for the team winning. Prescott hatters call the fact that defenses have played major parts in losses as well as special teams, the play of the offensive line, the lack of production by a RB on a team that is geared as a run first offense as just excuses and not facts because that doesn't fit into their hatred of Prescott.

Now I don't think Prescott is the best QB in the league but he is miles from being just average. Many of the QB's that are thought of as being better than Prescott are older like Brady, Rodgers and Brees. Brady has been beating father time for a long time now and odds are that father time will catch him sooner rather than later. The Packers drafted a QB thios year that they think will be Rodger's replacement because the past couple of years he's started having injuries. Brees has shown the past couple of season towards the end of the seasons that his arm was getting tired. Prescott is just starting to move into his prime and has steadily improved every year enough so that he was rated as the #1 free agent going into free agency.

You need to learn the difference between an excuse and an opinion. That is an opinion it is my opinion and it is an opinion i stand by an excuse is what you used earlier

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bro, don't take Pappy seriously. Just laugh at him. Poor guy.

LOL.....but has Pappy been wrong?
Hence your dilemma and your Dak-anguish as you see the deadline approaching and you are having a Dak-freakout!
Now, wait as I have predicted when Dalton comes in to replace him when he starts sucking it up again.
You have more pain coming your way so suck it up buttercup.:angry:
Pappy...... La Dak-Troll terminator baby!!!!!:muttley:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hence your dilemma and your Dak-anguish as you see the deadline approaching and you are having a Dak-freakout!
Now, wait as I have predicted when Dalton comes in to replace him when he starts sucking it up again.
I like this buildup. So exciting!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You need to learn the difference between an excuse and an opinion. That is an opinion it is my opinion and it is an opinion i stand by an excuse is what you used earlier

I see your opinions are your opinions and you stand by them but my opinion of why something does or doesn't work are excuses and not, opinions and therefore should be just labeled as excuse. I'm sorry if I don't recognize you as the ultimate decider on what opinions are and when they don't count. Next time try a little of practicing what you preach.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I see your opinions are your opinions and you stand by them but my opinion of why something does or doesn't work are excuses and not, opinions and therefore should be just labeled as excuse. I'm sorry if I don't recognize you as the ultimate decider on what opinions are and when they don't count. Next time try a little of practicing what you preach.

You really want me to quote what you said? It is the textbook definition of an excuse you were blaming others as to why Dak might not succeed

morat1959

Reaction score
You are welcomed, no I'm asking you to find ANY of my posts where I said Prescott was a top 5 QB. What I've said repeatedly is he is nowhere close to being as bad as the Prescott haters want to paint him. I've also pointed out that the Prescott haters who keep pushing this 40 mil a year contract that has ONLY been PURE SPECULATION by some sportswriters and so called "insiders". I also trust those that actually have jobs in the NFL over Prescott haters. The Prescott haters all seem to think watching games on their couches qualifies them as experts in evaluating every part of the NFL I rely on those that actual have 1st hand knowledge and are paid to make evaluations.
Your sources are horrible!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

In real life there is less than a remote chance that barring injury or garbage time at the end of a game that Dalton will ever see the field in 2020. It never ceases to amaze me how many people here opinions differ from what the actual coaches have said about Prescott. The only explanation is those same people think they know more about the NFL than actual coaches. What's even more amazing is how those same people actually get their heads through normal standard doorways.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm happy for you that you really like Dalton but he was signed as a CHEAP BACKUP QB. Lets do a little review here. Dalton was fired for a QB that hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL. The bengals said we'll eat some dead cap money and just fire him. Dalton signed a one year contract for less than many backup QB make. Now the Cowboys are at the moment on the hook for 28 mil more than what they are paying Dalton and could be more if a long term contract is signed. Now do you really think in the real world that the Cowboys will bench all that money for a 3 mil backup?

I get what you mean. But the Bengals replaced Dalton with the best QB in the draft. Dalton has gone to multiple pro bowls and has done well in Cincinnati. He is in a slump. Maybe its because the team is in isn't loaded with weapons like what Dak has. I think he's a good quality QB and a good backup. He is also an insurance policy for Dak if things go south dealing with Dak's contract situation.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You really want me to quote what you said? It is the textbook definition of an excuse you were blaming others as to why Dak might not succeed

I see again that you're stating and saying it's your opinion that the reasons that Dalton will replace Prescott really aren't excuses and why Dalton will take over and not believing that Prescott could end up playing on the tag is just an excuse to get Dalton in the game. Again you seem to think that only your opinions which using the same logic you want to use on me are really excuses aren't excuses and my opinions are only excuses. You're only looking foolish by using the your logic only going one way. I'll tell you what. If you want to believe that if Prescott ends up playing on the tag that everything is already decided and that Prescott and Prescott only will play so poorly that the Cowboys will pull him and play Dalton, knock your socks off. But stop thinking your opinions aren't excuses and that your crystal ball isn't lying to you.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I get what you mean. But the Bengals replaced Dalton with the best QB in the draft. Dalton has gone to multiple pro bowls and has done well in Cincinnati. He is in a slump. Maybe its because the team is in isn't loaded with weapons like what Dak has. I think he's a good quality QB and a good backup. He is also an insurance policy for Dak if things go south dealing with Dak's contract situation.

Let me try putting it another way. If the Cowboys really thought that Dalton could replace Prescott and do better I have 2 questions for you. First why would they still try to negotiate a new contract with Prescott? Second if the Cowboys have ANY questions about Prescott's ability to lead this team why wouldn't they just rescind that franchise tag and just let him walk since they have Dalton? I have not said that Dalton wasn't a good backup QB to do in a pinch for a short period of time because of an injury to Prescott, but if the Cowboys, not users here, thought that Dalton was that quality starting QB why would Prescott still be in their plans? There is only one answer to all of this and that is Dalton was signed as a 1 season insurance policy against an injury to Prescott. Even Dalton said after signing with the Cowboys that he signed as the backup QB and doesn't expect any chance to compete for the starting job.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Your sources are horrible!

Please I'm begging you to produce a single direct quote from any of the 4 people directly involved in the Prescott negotiations that have said that Prescott's side has demanded a contract at 40 mil a year or the Cowboys offering anything close to 40 mil a year. The only place that 40 mil has been bandied around besides here is by sportswriters and so called insiders who have guessed and speculated that amount. In none of the articles where those sportswriters or insiders mention 40 mil they do not have any direct quotes form any of those 4 people involved in the negotiation. I'm waiting.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
He's the best backup we had since Romo was a backup, but he's nothing more than a great backup/below average starter

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I see again that you're stating and saying it's your opinion that the reasons that Dalton will replace Prescott really aren't excuses and why Dalton will take over and not believing that Prescott could end up playing on the tag is just an excuse to get Dalton in the game. Again you seem to think that only your opinions which using the same logic you want to use on me are really excuses aren't excuses and my opinions are only excuses. You're only looking foolish by using the your logic only going one way. I'll tell you what. If you want to believe that if Prescott ends up playing on the tag that everything is already decided and that Prescott and Prescott only will play so poorly that the Cowboys will pull him and play Dalton, knock your socks off. But stop thinking your opinions aren't excuses and that your crystal ball isn't lying to you.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/excuse
This is you

Now Post "147 of this thread your quote "First your thinking is that of a Prescott hater. Prescott haters automatically assign ALL losses the Cowboys may have on Prescott. The losses could in reality be more the fault of poor play by the defense or maybe the offensive line gets called for multiple holding calls especially on 3rd downs or maybe Elliott continues his downward slide in production that he's had since his rookie season."

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/opinion

This is me Post " 157 "i don't hate Dak never have, infact i think he's a pretty good guy overall i just think he is short on talent to be considered an elite franchise QB, in other words he's an average Joe!"

Techsass

Reaction score
I have heard that before, I forgot they got one of the top qb's in the draft.
So that makes it simple why dalton was released.
Still odd that they ate the CAP money instead of keeping him around. Maybe that would have been too awkward or actually detrimental to Burrow.

Cincinnati saved around $17m but cutting Dalton and Dalton requested to be released.
Earlier somebody said Cincy ate the CAP when they released him. So he just left without taking the money? Impressed by his character, but doubt I would have done that.

Last edited:

basel90

Reaction score
The moment Dak throws his first interception or misses wide open receivers that result in a loss , the fans will demand Dalton go in . MM will resist making a change as the cowboys are paying Dak 10 times more than dalton . But if the cowboys struggle by game 5 or 6 , and are around 3-3 , Jerry will get involved and a change will become imminent.