Andy Dalton Vs Tony Romo

wileedog

Reaction score
I agree with this. I thought Orton looked better than Romo out there. If Orton can look better than Romo than Peyton,. Rodgers, brees, and Brady.. could look way better and a handful of other QB's could too.

Yes a full season of throwing 1 INT for every TD will get us right back to the Promised Land.

And before you say it was one game and he was rusty and blah blah blah, those are close to what his career numbers are.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I'd argue that Romo has been doing just that. The teams has declined as he's gotten better.

No way any other QB does a better job with this defense and Garrett and Jones calling the shots.

As crazy as this sounds, I think a QB like Alex Smith would succeed here. I don't think our defense would have been this bad had we had a healthy Spencer, Lee, and Ware for the year and not a revolving door of guys off the street at linebacker.

Our staff would recognize Smith's limitations and not ask him to do the things they ask Romo to do. Smith, while maybe not as good as Romo at extending plays, is a very good runner and would have picked up some crucial third downs with his feet rather than throwing it away or taking a sack.

I'm going to get hated on for saying this, but our offense didn't suffer all that much with Orton at QB. With a "limited" QB, I think the coaching staff would recognize that a different approach and gameplan would be needed and I think Smith would have done at least as good, if not better than Romo did this year.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Not with this defense.

And was Romo not good this year? Did he not have luck with them?

You're telling me with an average defense this team wouldn't have been in the playoffs?

We may have one 2 more games or so and made the playoffs ONLY because our division was so pathetic. But then what? Romo would still choke in the playoffs when he gets too much pressure.

johnson2

Reaction score
As crazy as this sounds, I think a QB like Alex Smith would succeed here. I don't think our defense would have been this bad had we had a healthy Spencer, Lee, and Ware for the year and not a revolving door of guys off the street at linebacker.

Our staff would recognize Smith's limitations and not ask him to do the things they ask Romo to do. Smith, while maybe not as good as Romo at extending plays, is a very good runner and would have picked up some crucial third downs with his feet rather than throwing it away or taking a sack.

I'm going to get hated on for saying this, but our offense didn't suffer all that much with Orton at QB. With a "limited" QB, I think the coaching staff would recognize that a different approach and gameplan would be needed and I think Smith would have done at least as good, if not better than Romo did this year.

they passed 46 to 17 rushes with orton even after not starting 2 years. pretty sure garrett only has 1 approach.

definitely agree about our defensive front crippling us before the year even started. everyone points so many fingers but if we really had healthy spencer ware rat hatch on the front 4 this season would be a completely different story IMO

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Really? How did Orton do better? You wanna have your opinion fine but leave this garbage at the door.

And Romo is the QB of the Cowboys thus your 100 million dollar man as well. Or are those who actually want Romo to succeed not fans of the team as a whole?

Romo doing well is good for the Cowboys. He's here for a couple more so maybe you should just cheer for the guy and hope the team can put it together?

He passed for 360 yards and 65% completion with a week of practice. Romo averaged 255 yards a game on 64% passing to give you an idea. Orton also took more chances down the field.

Romo hasn't taken many chances in the past 2 seasons. I literally saw the ghost of chad pennington out there.

I root for the cowboys, but I know what Romo is. He use to be fun to watch, but now I see a run down, noodle arm, jelly spined, overpaid QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, Romo does it all, including turning the ball over in these must win games. Does the defense throw those interceptions? If the defense is not a good enough excuse, I am sure every WR on the team can be blamed. Wait, that excuse has already been used. So has the excuse about the oline. Seems like Romo lovers has placed the blame everywhere except one the one that throws the interceptions.

Answer my initial question, don't change the subject.

And, how what about the defense in these "must win games", huh? How many int's did they help Romo with, huh?

Now, if Romo could have made the other team punt in a few of these past games the Cowboys would have been in the playoffs. (why am i even talking to you?) smfh

wileedog

Reaction score
He passed for 360 yards and 65% completion with a week of practice. Romo averaged 255 yards a game on 64% passing to give you an idea. Orton also took more chances down the field.

The Eagles are the worst pass defense in the league - yes even worse than us - and Orton did EXACTLY what you all crucify Romo for constantly - throw a stupid pic to end the game on the last drive.

The offense also average 27.4 points per game with Romo, but only scored 22 on said worst pass defense in the game.

But he was "better." Because something something noodle arm something something.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
As crazy as this sounds, I think a QB like Alex Smith would succeed here.

Alex would succeed here because he would have great targets to throw to.. better than what he has in KC, he is very mobile, he plays within himself, he rarely turns the ball over, and he is a smart QB.

I'm going to get hated on for saying this, but our offense didn't suffer all that much with Orton at QB.

You shouldn't get any hate. Our offense looked refreshingly better with Orton in there. Orton is a smarter QB than Romo is. He got the defense to job offsides 3 freaking times, he ran for a first down, he has a stronger arm, he made his reads quicker, etc. It's sad when your backup can play just as good as your 108m starter.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

So bringing in someone not as good would be better for the team? Downgrading at the QB position would get this team over the hump?

You wanna replace Romo with someone better I'm all for it but I'm not going to dump him for the sake of dumping him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So bringing in someone not as good would be better for the team? Downgrading at the QB position would get this team over the hump?

You wanna replace Romo with someone better I'm all for it but I'm not going to dump him for the sake of dumping him.

Well, Alex Smith does play defense, so maybe he has a point?

johnson2

Reaction score
Alex would succeed here because he would have great targets to throw to.. better than what he has in KC, he is very mobile, he plays within himself, he rarely turns the ball over, and he is a smart QB.

you never cease to amaze me. romo has 5pts better completion % for career, 1yd / att better, 14pts better qb rating

smith
104td
70int
40fum

romo
208td
101int
35fum

ufcrules1

Reaction score
The Eagles are the worst pass defense in the league - yes even worse than us - and Orton did EXACTLY what you all crucify Romo for constantly - throw a stupid pic to end the game on the last drive.

The offense also average 27.4 points per game with Romo, but only scored 22 on said worst pass defense in the game.

But he was "better." Because something something noodle arm something something.

What did our offense do when Romo was the QB against that sad Eagles defense you keep talking about? We scored only 17 points against them with Romo who threw for 317 yards, 1 TD and 2 Int's. QBR of 69.2. Kyle Orton threw for 358 yards 2 td's and 2 Int with a QBR of 85.2. I'm sorry, I don't see a big difference there.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score

I can use the eye test with Romo, and he peaked out in the 2007 season. Had a good year in 2011 only to come up limp in the final game.

Romo threw 317 yards and 59% against the worst pass defense earlier in the year....so idk your point?

Demarco Murray average 3.0 yards per carry on 17 carries. But that has nothing to do with the 5 point difference from the average, does it?

2 game defining plays limited the cowboys from putting 30+ on the eagles. Witten's terrible drop and Orton's terrible throw.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
you never cease to amaze me. romo has 5pts better completion % for career, 1yd / att better, 14pts better qb rating

smith
104td
70int
40fum

romo
208td
101int
35fum

look at the age between the two. Alex Smith also had 5 different offensive coordinators in his first 5 years

jnday

Reaction score
Answer my initial question, don't change the subject.

And, how what about the defense in these "must win games", huh? How many int's did they help Romo with, huh?

Now, if Romo could have made the other team punt in a few of these past games the Cowboys would have been in the playoffs. (why am i even talking to you?) smfh

Maybe because this thread is about Romo. There are defense threads if you wanna talk defense. Gosh darnit, Ware must have choked on those turnovers.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe because this thread is about Romo. There are defense threads if you wanna talk defense. Gosh darnit, Ware must have choked on those turnovers.

This thread is about Romo? Wow, you got one thing right!

Well, this is a Cowboys Forum...Romo is a Cowboy...the Cowboys have a defense. So, I'm going to post about everything Cowboys, and Romo is not the Lone Ranger on why the Cowboys are 8-8.