Andy Dalton Vs Tony Romo

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Come on Dragon.. you know you are tempted by the truth. You can join Natural, Catch17, Revolution, and many others who were swayed by the truth in the last year.

The day Romo retires is the day I'll stop rooting for the guy. His legacy is still up in the air until then.

Using the word "never" is always dangerous my friend.;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
why dont you actually address the post and not make up a scenario based on your own opinion.

brady brees rodgers peyton.

pick one.

tell me how many sb's they have won with def qb rating over 80.

45 combined season for those 4 qbs.

0 superbowls with def qb rating over 80.

so if romo is not the answer who is? cuz clearly the best 4 qb's of our generation have never got it done with a defense like ours either.

He might have you on ignore if he does not answer you. He only hangs with the Romo haters.

johnson2

Reaction score
2009 Saint's defense ranked 24th defensively by yardage, and 19th by points. Bottom half in both categories. Yet, somehow Brees won a Superbowl.

2011 Giants defense ranked 26th defensively by yardage, and 24th by points. Bottom half in both categories. Yet somehow Manning (no, I don't consider Manning an elite) won a superbowl.

It sure helps to have a good defense to have playoff success, but it sure isn't required.

but you still didnt address why brees rodgers peyton and brady have 45 combined seasons and 0 sb's with D qb ratings over 80. (romo's avg D qb ratings as a starter, 88)

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I was watching the marathon in between NFL Wild Card Weekend on Spike.

"Dragon, my alleigiance is to the COWBOYS, to DEMOCRACY!."

:)

All we need is for Stephen to throw daddy down an energy shaft and the Dark Lord's reign will be over, lol.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Aww, it's so cute to see two bottom of the barrel Romo haters bonding over their buffoonery. "Hey bro, you shoulda seen that time, I was holdin' it down for us, bro". Who knew that posing as fans in order to troll a message board could bring people together?

lmao How true it is!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Percy, I kind of like you but you have to stop asking silly questions to try and trap me. I understand you love statistics and think they are the be all end all of how to rank a QB, but you are just flat our wrong. Romo is a QB that can play above average during the regular season(minus a few games) and then choke or play below average when you need him most (Elimination/Playoff games). To me, this makes him an overall average QB. He is right there with the other average guys like Dalton, Cutler, Rivers, Palmer, Stafford, etc. None of these guys will lead their teams to the super bowl or win a super bowl. None of them will make the hall of fame either.

WHAT ABOUT THE COWBOYS DEFENSE!????

Damn, like a broken record! lol

johnson2

Reaction score
He might have you on ignore if he does not answer you. He only hangs with the Romo haters.

no he sees me

he replies things like "use capitalization" and "its not fair to compare elite qb's to qb's who haven't done anything" rather than address the actual facts that all of his ELITE qb's have never won sb with defense like tony's

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can just put him on ignore and then you will never have to see the avatar. I just did. And then in about a year, he will have the same opinion as you on Romo and you can take him off of Ignore.

lol

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Between the posters who have him on ignore and the fact that he himself has to be ignoring half the board, I can't fathom how ufc has gotten to nearly 6K posts. If you were to come behind him on a public computer, CowboysZone would appear to be him talking to himself.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
The day Romo retires is the day I'll stop rooting for the guy. His legacy is still up in the air until then.

Using the word "never" is always dangerous my friend.;)

Hey, even I root for the guy. Remember, I am a Cowboy's fan before anything so I want my team to win but it is like watching a movie you have seen a million times. You always know what is going to happen and nothing can change that. I mean, we can't bring back the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens and put him on those teams to give him a chance.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Dalton has one of the best defenses in the NFL, a better offensive line, a stud WR in AJ Green, and the guy is still a failure.

A failure? At least he brought his team to the playoffs. Romo has a stud RB, WR, and TE and a vastly improved offensive line.

Not saying Dalton is better, but Romo hasn't exactly proved much himself. If anything, Romo is the NFC's version of Phillip Rivers albeit with less post season success. And no, Romo is not head and shoulders better than Rivers.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
A failure? At least he brought his team to the playoffs. Romo has a stud RB, WR, and TE and a vastly improved offensive line.

Not saying Dalton is better, but Romo hasn't exactly proved much himself. If anything, Romo is the NFC's version of Phillip Rivers albeit with less post season success. And no, Romo is not head and shoulders better than Rivers.

I didn't say Romo was head and shoulders better than Rivers. And in my opinion, the Bengals were winning in spite of Andy Dalton. Give Romo the Cincinnati defense and we're at least 11-5.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Between the posters who have him on ignore and the fact that he himself has to be ignoring half the board, I can't fathom how ufc has gotten to nearly 6K posts. If you were to come behind him on a public computer, CowboysZone would appear to be him talking to himself.

Yeah, I don't put people on ignore because I am not thinned skin and can take it as well as give it. He can't hang. If you don't believe Romo sucks he puts you on ignore.

And, then we have the little "Romo stan" thing going on! How cute is that!??

jnday

Reaction score
So, just why are you here? Because as of now, Romo is not going anywhere soon. smh

The same reason he hung around during the Campo years, waiting for a change. The back injury may have Romo leaving much sooner than you think. Injury or not, Romo is declining and he is not going to be around that much longer. His arm is much weaker now. I hate to imagine what another year or two will do to him. I agree with him. Romo will never reach a Super Bowl and it looks like playoffs are not in his future either. Romo is not the type if QB that can carry a team physically or mentally and he doesn't have the talent around him to go very far. It seems like the limit is 8-8 seasons and with the core group getting older, things are not getting better.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Hey, even I root for the guy. Remember, I am a Cowboy's fan before anything so I want my team to win but it is like watching a movie you have seen a million times. You always know what is going to happen and nothing can change that. I mean, we can't bring back the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens and put him on those teams to give him a chance.

Hey to each his own. I just feel that Romo is the least of this team's problems. Yes he's made mistakes but what QB hasn't? I think the team is in the playoff hunt because of Romo not in spite of him.

Am I against bringing in someone better? Of course not. But it has to be someone better not someone brought in for the sake of bringing someone in.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
The same reason he hung around during the Campo years, waiting for a change. The back injury may have Romo leaving much sooner than you think. Injury or not, Romo is declining and he is not going to be around that much longer. His arm is much weaker now. I hate to imagine what another year or two will do to him. I agree with him. Romo will never reach a Super Bowl and it looks like playoffs are not in his future either. Romo is not the type if QB that can carry a team physically or mentally and he doesn't have the talent around him to go very far. It seems like the limit is 8-8 seasons and with the core group getting older, things are not getting better.

I'd argue that Romo has been doing just that. The teams has declined as he's gotten better.

No way any other QB does a better job with this defense and Garrett and Jones calling the shots.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

How about this season before Romo got hurt? IF THE DEFENSE CAN MAKE THE OTHER TEAM PUNT ONCE IN AWHILE, maybe Romo does not have to twist, turn, run around and try to win 8 games by himself! Have you ever thought about that? (why did i even ask you this?) smfh

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Am I against bringing in someone better? Of course not. But it has to be someone better not someone brought in for the sake of bringing someone in.

Weather you are for it or against it, it is going to happen anyway. You think Romo is going to last forever? He is falling apart right in front of our eyes. FYI... we haven't even been to the playoffs in 4 straight years. Romo is certainly a problem on this team. Not the main problem, but a big one.