Andy Dalton Vs Tony Romo

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
oh yes i do feel that way. I feel that way about almost the whole organization except #50, #88, #77,#72 and #9. This is a piss poor roster and our ignorant fans over hype our average talent yearly. What i do know is that Troy Aikman Won 3 superbowl titles while never throwing for 4000 yards and never even throwing for more than 25 TD'S. How did Aikman win so many superbowls with those average stats ? Well he had a great defense that would dominate when it counted in the 4th quarter. He had a tremendous OL that protected him ( and thank goodness they did ) because Aikman couldnt do half the things Romo can athletically . He had the greatest RB to ever live. Do you realize how much pressure EMMITT took off the whole offense?He was a rock you could always depend on. In the biggest games it wasn't Aikman who shinned it WAS EMMITT. And last but not least something Romo has never had great coaching. Aikman had Jimmy and Norv Turner. Romo can absolutely make all the throws Troy could.Until we have some legit coaching , a great OL, and a solid defense .... i feel all of you should just zip it.

Oh, snap!

Oh, so now you want to compare Romo to Aikman? (i thought i would just be the first one to come with all that) lol

weaver21

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is saying Orton threw for over 300 yards and supposedly had a better game than Romo ... all I've heard from Romo haters if that stats don't matter with Romo yet your sitting here saying Orton threw for more yards than Romo so he had a better game? I'm confused

perrykemp

Reaction score
Kaepernick looked fine to me throwing the ball yesterday .... go ahead whats your next lame excuse.

Pessimist:

I'll disagree that Kaeperick had a good game passing yesterday -- be barely broke 50% completions, had one INT and another that should have been intercepted.

I won't disagree with you that, despite Rodger's 97 QB rating, it wasn't his finest moment. He is the highest paid player in the NFL and with that come the expectations that he is going to carry the Packer team on his back in moments like yesterday's game and he didn't do it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And Mr. Romo has had A LOT to do with their shortcomings...That my friend, is the harsh truth.

Of course he has. He's on the team. Can you name any good things that Romo has done to help the team wins games?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, snap!

Oh, so now you want to compare Romo to Aikman? (i thought i would just be the first one to come with all that) lol

i am comparing the parts around him more than anything.... Aikman had one of great supporting casts of all time , Romo has had a circus.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Pessimist:

I'll disagree that Kaeperick had a good game passing yesterday -- be barely broke 50% completions, had one INT and another that should have been intercepted.

I won't disagree with you that, despite Rodger's 97 QB rating, it wasn't his finest moment. He is the highest paid player in the NFL and with that come the expectations that he is going to carry the Packer team on his back in moments like yesterday's game and he didn't do it.

I thought Rodgers looked pretty good out there against such a tough defense. No, it wasn't a big stat game for him but he played pretty good. He took an essentially 500 team and almost led them to victory. At the end, the defense wasn't able to contain Kap and they were able to run the clock out.

johnson2

Reaction score
so is it safe to say ufcrules will never reply to me after all the body slams?

still waiting to hear why brady brees rodgers and peyton have 0 sb's in 40+ seasons with def qb ratings like tony gets.

man i really wish i could like my own posts sometimes

Reactions: JPM

perrykemp

Reaction score
I thought Rodgers looked pretty good out there against such a tough defense. No, it wasn't a big stat game for him but he played pretty good. He took an essentially 500 team and almost led them to victory. At the end, the defense wasn't able to contain Kap and they were able to run the clock out.

Rodgers was his normal efficient self -- very high completion rate, especially considering the cold, 1 TD, no INTs, 97 QB rating, etc -- however with the Packers defense as terrible as it was, Rodgers was going to have to play superhuman to score more points on that 49ers defense.

Again, they made him the highest paid player in the history of the NFL because they expect him to put the team on his back. He didn't pull it off.

I won't go as far as to call him a choker like Pessimist, however, I expect most Packers fans hoped for more.

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i am comparing the parts around him more than anything.... Aikman had one of great supporting casts of all time , Romo has had a circus.

Romo is the clown in this circus...$100,000 clown. If only he had a supporting cast.

johnson2

Reaction score

does this not sound like romo to you at all?

looked pretty good, took 500 team "almost" led them to victory. but in the end it was the defenses fault.

not at all

(except he actually has led his 500 team to way way more late game victories than rodgers)

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

lol rodgers looked scared to me. Didnt want to throw downfield and played with no balls. Like i said if that was Romo they would be calling for his head.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Of course he has. He's on the team. Can you name any good things that Romo has done to help the team wins games?

You have me confused for someone who hates Tony Romo. We all know about Romo's comebacks, his quick release, his mobility in the pocket, his QB rating, etc. The reality is that Romo has had good teams around him before and none of the things mentioned above have culminated in anything other than 1 playoff victory.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Rodgers was his normal efficient self -- very high completion rate, especially considering the cold, 1 TD, no INTs, 97 QB rating, etc -- however with the Packers defense as terrible as it was Rodgers was going to have to play superhuman to score more points on that 49ers defense.

Again, they made him the highest paid player in the history of the NFL because they expect him to put the team on his back. He didn't pull it off.

I won't go as far as to call him a choker like Pessimist, however, I expect most Packers fans hoped for more.

Yeah, not sure how to respond to this. I just think the better team won out there on Sunday. I was actually surprised Rodgers was able to keep it that competitive. One could argue, he did give a super effort out there. Romo is paid 2 million less than Rodgers of the their contracts. Put Romo on the Packers... and then tell me how that game turns out. It would be extremely ugly. Fumbles, INT's, you name it.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
lol rodgers looked scared to me. Didnt want to throw downfield and played with no balls. Like i said if that was Romo they would be calling for his head.

If that was Romo, everyone would say he played great, they just got beat by the superior team.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have me confused for someone who hates Tony Romo. We all know about Romo's comebacks, his quick release, his mobility in the pocket, his QB rating, etc. The reality is that Romo has had good teams around him before and none of the things mentioned above have culminated in anything other than 1 playoff victory.

So far it hasn't....maybe this season.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If that was Romo, everyone would say he played great, they just got beat by the superior team.

well Romo wouldve thrown for 350 yards and 4 tds thats your difference and they still wouldve lost and Blamed him. What rock do you live under ? Everytime we lose the world is blaming Romo not praising him.

perrykemp

Reaction score
so is it safe to say ufcrules will never reply to me after all the body slams?

still waiting to hear why brady brees rodgers and peyton have 0 sb's in 40+ seasons with def qb ratings like tony gets.

man i really wish i could like my own posts sometimes

Johnson2:

You facts are unassailable. It's clear that this guys considered elite haven't won Superbowls when their defenses have had poor pass defenses.

I'd be really curious to see what their playoff records are with similar poor defenses. Just saying that didn't win the Superbowl those years, while a very valid data point, I don't feel tells the whole story.

Maybe I'll crunch the numbers sometime soon.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
YAWNS i think ill go make a thread that actually makes some sense. Maybe about how our defense is one of the worse defenses in NFL History... see ya