Angry lifelong Cowboys Fan, glad we lost for first time ever

Reid1boys

Reaction score
2 & 14 would be great.

I would love to get that top pick.
I said after the Seattle loss I didn’t see us winning 3 games? I think that is in the ball park. No way I see us winning 5, but this is the nfl, and anything can happen. I still don’t know how we beat Detroit.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's anger as having been a fan of this team for life. Over 40 years now!! It's also just downright sad. We are fans, not even paid professionals and we all saw this train wreck coming. Plus we truly have a decent team. We fixed many gaps, but the key position of QB and innovative coaching, we need.

This team we have right now, could make a SB run with the following:
1. Just a top 15 NFL QB, wouldn't even have to be top of the top, just par for the course, able to make basic reads and timing throws and feel the pocket.
2. Highly innovative experienced coaching.
3. We have receivers. Yes, they are new names to us all, but they are not bad, the QB is, but we do need a solid #1 receiver.

Fill those voids and this is a SB caliber team.
I don’t take Andy dalton on this team right now and be very happy. Bottom line, we should be happy with each loss, because that is one step closer to. A real qb. A lot of bad teams already have drafted their future qb.... so that helps us also. Bills aren’t drafting a qb, jets, browns, none of those guys.... but, it won’t really matter, because those teams will finish in front of us anyways.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
....yeah that is right, for the first time ever, I'm glad this team lost last night. I'm sick of it, fed up. All these professional coaches, the GM, JJ, JG, etc can't see or live in denial for the exact things we as fan have seen coming and they do nothing to change anything. We all saw this season coming!!! For reasons we could have avoided!! It's sickening!

A traveling circus, side show, is at what we Cowboys have become. Last night I saw many things come home to roost for the Cowboys. Jason Garret, they showed him closeup on the sideline many times and he looks like he has gone mental. He looks seriously disturbed and lost. Dak? Every snap, ever shot of him on the sideline, he looks panicked, confused, scared and nervous. He's not loose, free and gunslinging anything. I've went over the fundamentals many times here, as to why he will never be an NFL. QB. I'm not listing them all again. After the Cowboys are done with him, he will be the next RG3,FORGOTTEN. HE SUCKS!!! Those of you who have followed the game know what I mean. Dak sucks, period, read the scouting report on him, it was all 110% accurate.

If Garret is gonna stay for the rest of this season, he needs to make a Parcels type move and at least take a swing with another QB. It's time. Dak will not single handily win a game all season. We are going 5-11 folks. We just finished the easy part of our schedule, now it gets real.

The sad part, is we have a playoff team, minus a top tier starting QB and proper play calling.

And what was that punt on the 40 yard line on 4th and one in OT. Are you kidding me? Seriously, what was Garrett smoking. Top 5 most pathetic decisions I'ver ever seen in my life. I used to like Garrett, but now I see him as a kid, ten years old, who would pour out his pennies each day and count them on his bedroom floor to make sure he didn't lose any. He's too conservative, not imaginative and I think mentally, he's cracked. The play calling was the most predictable, "safe" boring, I've seen in all my years of watching football last night.

I've had enough. I want to see major changes this year, this off season, heads to roll, or I'm boycotting my precious Cowboys! And you all should too! We are the most loyal sports fans in the world and for it, we get this ****, we all saw coming? Really????????

That free loose gun slinging got you no divisional playoff wins for over 10 years. Dak sucks because Jerry sucks, Garrett sucks and Linehan sucks. The Cowboys with a Commander win tonight will be one game back of the division lead. Commanders loose they will be tied for the divisional lead. The NFC East sucks. So all we have to do is be less suckable. That sucks.

robertfchew

Reaction score
At this point, I just don’t care. In the past, I’d be depressed all week after a loss (as ridiculous as that sounds). Now I expect it and just simply do not care.

Same. I might get mad at certain plays but now it doesn't mtter if they win or lose. Jerry is an idiot and only cares about $$ he doesn't care one bit about winning despite the lies he spouts off. Garret should have been fired years ago. Dak is lower than garbage right now. He's the worst qb in the NFL. The only guy that might be worse is rush.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
That free loose gun slinging got you no divisional playoff wins for over 10 years. Dak sucks because Jerry sucks, Garrett sucks and Linehan sucks. The Cowboys with a Commander win tonight will be one game back of the division lead. Commanders loose they will be tied for the divisional lead. The NFC East sucks. So all we have to do is be less suckable. That sucks.

I get what Romo was, an was not. I personally think he was one of the most underrated QB's in NFL history. He was just magical in the pocket and with making reads. Not the strongest arm, or most athletic guy, but his brain and instincts allowed him to just slip and slide and make reads at a level that someone like Dak can't even comprehend. Dak just doesn't have it. With Romo, every game was within reach. Look at the Denver game a few years back, some 500 yards passing was it? We lost, but what a fight, a war, all cause of Romo. If Dak was in that game? We loose 52-13. Come on!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I said after the Seattle loss I didn’t see us winning 3 games? I think that is in the ball park. No way I see us winning 5, but this is the nfl, and anything can happen. I still don’t know how we beat Detroit.

It's such a coin flip league.

We look very 8 & 8 ish.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It really bugs me when people respond to a fans frustrating rant like this.. He will probably keep watching this team just like I will. But I feel his pain. Its absolutely pathetic as a fan

yea if we used it on a QB. Problem is that wont happen.
Quitters bug me.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Quitters bug me.
It's not about quitting, it's about NOT living in denial anymore. We all saw this coming. And until you and this team face reality, we gonna keep seeing the same product. Week in and week out. If that is quitting, well, I don't know what to say. LOL. I will never quit, I just won't do denial.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's such a coin flip league.

We look very 8 & 8 ish.
With a decent qb, we might finish anywhere from 8 and 8 to 11 and 5. With one of the worst qbs in the league, 5 and 11 is the CEILING.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
With a decent qb, we might finish anywhere from 8 and 8 to 11 and 5. With one of the worst qbs in the league, 5 and 11 is the CEILING.

After last night you only see 3 more wins?

I'd be shocked. I'd be happy but i'd be shocked.

Dallas would be a 11 or 12 win team with a good QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Watch that, all you remember that game? Yeah we lost! But what would be the outcome if Dak was our QB that day? LOL. You seeing the point yet?

Come on, we know had dak been the qb that day, the play calling would suck, and the wrs would have zero separation, thus not allowing the offense to flourish.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
After last night you only see 3 more wins?

I'd be shocked. I'd be happy but i'd be shocked.

Dallas would be a 11 or 12 win team with a good QB.
Yeah, our offense is pathetic. No way, is this team winning 7 games this year. Which is unfortunate since this defense is legit.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Last night... after this PATHETIC LOSS.. my 3 year old son was like wondering "why is my Dad" upset. I had never seen him look at me that way. He was just there standing... in front of the TV with this cowboys jersey that I bought for him ....i DONT THINK he deserves to be encouraged to cheer for this mediocre team. I will let him choose his own team when the time comes.. not his garbage.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not about quitting, it's about NOT living in denial anymore. We all saw this coming. And until you and this team face reality, we gonna keep seeing the same product. Week in and week out. If that is quitting, well, I don't know what to say. LOL. I will never quit, I just won't do denial.
I don't deny the Cowboys suck but I'm not going to quit on them.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I get what Romo was, an was not. I personally think he was one of the most underrated QB's in NFL history. He was just magical in the pocket and with making reads. Not the strongest arm, or most athletic guy, but his brain and instincts allowed him to just slip and slide and make reads at a level that someone like Dak can't even comprehend. Dak just doesn't have it. With Romo, every game was within reach. Look at the Denver game a few years back, some 500 yards passing was it? We lost, but what a fight, a war, all cause of Romo. If Dak was in that game? We loose 52-13. Come on!

No you don't lose because Dak with talent at WR, TE, RB, and an offense set up for a passer runner beat Aaron Rodgers in Greenbay, Big Ben in Pittsburgh, and Minnesota in Minnesota at the metro dome which is something Romo never accomplished in his career.

Dak is a passer runner that has no no.1 WR no no.1 TE and the OL is not up to its 2014-16 standards. So you are what you are 2-3 tied for second with 1/2 game back for the division lead. Romo had TO, Glenn, Witten, and Dez and produced 2 winning seasons in his last 7 years with the Cowboys. Romo is the better thrower passer than Dak at this point in their careers but Dak is a passer runner so time will tell. But at this point in their careers we had not seen Romo as a starting QB. He did not have to go through no no.1 WR, no. 1 TE and OL troubles because Parcells was building a Super Bowl contending team. Jerry Jones is not building a Super Bowl contending team signing Allen Hurns (Allen Robinson's Batman weak Robin UDFA), Deonte Thompson (Commanders throw off UDFA), and Travis Austin (top 10 failure with the Rams) at WR and waiting for a 7th rounder and the former Mr. Basketball of Louisiana to develop at TE. You are what you are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To me, it's not just Dak. It's the entire bloody organization at the moment, particularly Garrett. He's useless, and he's wasted a lot of talent and players. I won't go into the details of that as I've already done so extensively on other threads. The point of it is that I do not want Garrett getting his hands on a high caliber QB like Justin Herbert or Tua. I fear that he'll ruin that poor chap. Instead, I want Garrett and Linehan to be gone. Then, let the next coach decide what he wants to do with our QB situation. I think Dak has his flaws, but I think he also has strengths that have been badly misused. I think it's time to stop living in the past and dreaming for Romo to coming out of the tunnel and save the day. I don't think that's going to happen. What we need is to start fresh. The only coach that I'd keep around is Richard. Having lost a game that we should have won in all reality, I think the time has come to just tank the season. It's a pity too because I feel almost numb to the losses now. I find myself more angry watching the games than pleased, and this is supposed to be entertainment. I plan to always be a Cowboys fan, but, at the moment, I'm feeling rather fed up with the current crop of decision makers. As a young chap who never got to witness the Cowboys in their finest hours yet, it's really becoming rather normal for me to see Garrett make poor decisions in critical moments and lose us the game as a result. I'd even take bloody Jose Mourhino (Manchester United manager) over Garrett, and he probably knows next to nothing about the NFL. I'm that fed up with Garrett. I've wanted him gone since 2013, but I gave him credit for 2014 and 2016. However, 2014 was more Romo than Garrett imo.

All in all, it's disgraceful how far this team's fallen. I used to defend this team. Not anymore! I will not bash them, but I won't defend them either until they prove that they deserve to be defended! Additionally, when it comes to the NFL in general, I find myself becoming increasingly disengaged. The current rules that have really softened it have made me care less and less about the game. The fact that the rest of the league owners (besides maybe Jerry, to be fair) decided to extend Goodell's contract was sickening to me. They have this "too big to fail" mentality, and they almost seem entitled to do whatever they please. If this keeps up, they WILL fail. The NFL WILL go down if that happens.