Angry lifelong Cowboys Fan, glad we lost for first time ever

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm almost to the point where I think the Cowboys should just lose the next two. I bet Jerry would pull the trigger at 2-5 heading into the bye.
You have more faith in him than I do. Unless we start getting blown out and our defense has been keeping us in games.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Personally I am hoping for max humiliation. 2 and 14. 40k the last home game. 20 plus years of this garbage.

You know? I would be fine with that if it means we finally get a real coach. However, in order to send a message, I hope that the home games the rest of this season have half the stadium empty at a minimum. Get the message through to Jerry. We need to really restrict the cash flow heading to Jerry. THAT he understands. THAT is what I think will ultimate cause a change. I will watch on the telly as much longer as I can stomach, but I am going to buy more Bournemouth and Vegas Golden Knights gear and leave Jerry out in the cold. I never thought I'd be of the mindset, but here we are! Again, I'm always going to consider this my favourite NFL team, for God knows why. However, I am finished with buying Cowboys gear for the time being.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don’t take Andy dalton on this team right now and be very happy. Bottom line, we should be happy with each loss, because that is one step closer to. A real qb. A lot of bad teams already have drafted their future qb.... so that helps us also. Bills aren’t drafting a qb, jets, browns, none of those guys.... but, it won’t really matter, because those teams will finish in front of us anyways.

More importantly, hopefully each loss gets us closer to finally getting a real head coach. THAT is the fresh air that I want. I will not trust Garrett with a top QB like Herbert or Tua. That will only end in disaster with Garrett. We need a new coach before we get a new QB. One that is properly capable of developing a QB.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
In the 70's an NFL franchise could take anywhere from 3-7 years to rebuild. That duration shortened to a max possibility of a complete rebuild in 2-4 seasons throughout the 90's, early 2000's after the cap change, 2-3 years became average. Right now, in today's NFL, a team can go from league worst to a SB contender in 1-2 years.

The point being? THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR 20 YEARS OF MEDIOCRE!!! NONE! ESPECIALLY NOT FOR THE DALLAS COWBOYS.

Look the Browns, who if a few plays went different this season would be 5-0 right now. They went from worst to possibly a playoff team in 1 year. We just need a new coach, and new QB and number #1 receiver and it's done!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Quitters bug me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You know what? Here's a name I'd be interested in as a HC. Jack Del Rio. He was pretty good with Jacksonville, and he at least played to win with the Raiders. Also, he has a history with our team. I'd say give him a go here.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Last night... after this PATHETIC LOSS.. my 3 year old son was like wondering "why is my Dad" upset. I had never seen him look at me that way. He was just there standing... in front of the TV with this cowboys jersey that I bought for him ....i DONT THINK he deserves to be encouraged to cheer for this mediocre team. I will let him choose his own team when the time comes.. not his garbage.

Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way they should go and when he is old he will not depart from it".

I have been a Cowboys fan since 1966. I have one son that was born in 1992 the Boys are back return to glory year and saw the end of the 90's Dynasty but had to go through the 5-11 3 year in a row purgatory. I have another son born 2006 the Romo year but witness all the Romo heartbreaks. This son turned away to follow after other teams. He went whoring after other teams and players named Russell Wilson, Legion of Boom, and Cam Newton Panthers going for the instant gratifications of Super Bowl runs. But when Dak arrived for his 10th birthday to the Cowboys, he came back to the Cowboys. Even after last night, he still has hope in the Cowboys.

He is 12 years old. When I was 12 years old, the Dallas Cowboys was one player away from a Super Bowl. That year was 1977. The Cowboys traded for Tony Dorsett. Today the Cowboys have a young talented defense and need a go to WR.

"Train up a child in the way they should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way they should go and when he is old he will not depart from it".

I have been a Cowboys fan since 1966. I have one son that was born in 1992 the Boys are back return to glory year and saw the end of the 90's Dynasty but had to go through the 5-11 3 year in a row purgatory. I have another son born 2006 the Romo year but witness all the Romo heartbreaks. This son turned away to follow after other teams. He went whoring after other teams and players named Russell Wilson, Legion of Boom, and Cam Newton Panthers going for the instant gratifications of Super Bowl runs. But when Dak arrived for his 10th birthday to the Cowboys, he came back to the Cowboys. Even after last night, he still has hope in the Cowboys.

He is 12 years old. When I was 12 years old, the Dallas Cowboys was one player away from a Super Bowl. That year was 1977. The Cowboys traded for Tony Dorsett. Today the Cowboys have a young talented defense and need a go to WR.

"Train up a child in the way they should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."

That's interesting because I was born in December of 1992. For God knows why, I'm still a Cowboys fan, but I must admit that I am losing my interest in the Cowboys and the NFL in general.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
That's interesting because I was born in December of 1992. For God knows why, I'm still a Cowboys fan, but I must admit that I am losing my interest in the Cowboys and the NFL in general.
Its bound to happen. I guess I am trying to show my children perseverance through things they can not control.

Soldier on Cowboy fan Soldier on. They are what they are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Its bound to happen. I guess I am trying to show my children perseverance through things they can not control.

Soldier on Cowboy fan Soldier on. They are what they are.

I'm certainly trying to do that. Luckily, the NFL is far from the only sport I watch. I'm a bigger fan of the English Premier League than I am the NFL, which wasn't always the case. So, it's allowed me to remain a Cowboys fan, but shift a great deal of my attachment to my Bournemouth Cherries.

GenoT

Reaction score
....yeah that is right, for the first time ever, I'm glad this team lost last night. I'm sick of it, fed up. All these professional coaches, the GM, JJ, JG, etc can't see or live in denial for the exact things we as fan have seen coming and they do nothing to change anything. We all saw this season coming!!! For reasons we could have avoided!! It's sickening!

A traveling circus, side show, is at what we Cowboys have become. Last night I saw many things come home to roost for the Cowboys. Jason Garret, they showed him closeup on the sideline many times and he looks like he has gone mental. He looks seriously disturbed and lost. Dak? Every snap, ever shot of him on the sideline, he looks panicked, confused, scared and nervous. He's not loose, free and gunslinging anything. I've went over the fundamentals many times here, as to why he will never be an NFL. QB. I'm not listing them all again. After the Cowboys are done with him, he will be the next RG3,FORGOTTEN. HE SUCKS!!! Those of you who have followed the game know what I mean. Dak sucks, period, read the scouting report on him, it was all 110% accurate.

If Garret is gonna stay for the rest of this season, he needs to make a Parcels type move and at least take a swing with another QB. It's time. Dak will not single handily win a game all season. We are going 5-11 folks. We just finished the easy part of our schedule, now it gets real.

The sad part, is we have a playoff team, minus a top tier starting QB and proper play calling.

And what was that punt on the 40 yard line on 4th and one in OT. Are you kidding me? Seriously, what was Garrett smoking. Top 5 most pathetic decisions I'ver ever seen in my life. I used to like Garrett, but now I see him as a kid, ten years old, who would pour out his pennies each day and count them on his bedroom floor to make sure he didn't lose any. He's too conservative, not imaginative and I think mentally, he's cracked. The play calling was the most predictable, "safe" boring, I've seen in all my years of watching football last night.

I've had enough. I want to see major changes this year, this off season, heads to roll, or I'm boycotting my precious Cowboys! And you all should too! We are the most loyal sports fans in the world and for it, we get this ****, we all saw coming? Really????????
Not enough cheese in Holland to balance out this much whine.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
In the 70's an NFL franchise could take anywhere from 3-7 years to rebuild. That duration shortened to a max possibility of a complete rebuild in 2-4 seasons throughout the 90's, early 2000's after the cap change, 2-3 years became average. Right now, in today's NFL, a team can go from league worst to a SB contender in 1-2 years.

The point being? THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR 20 YEARS OF MEDIOCRE!!! NONE! ESPECIALLY NOT FOR THE DALLAS COWBOYS.

Look the Browns, who if a few plays went different this season would be 5-0 right now. They went from worst to possibly a playoff team in 1 year. We just need a new coach, and new QB and number #1 receiver and it's done!
The Browns now have a better record than the Cowboys 2-2-1 vs 2-3. But the Cowboys are only 1/2 game back of the top the NFC East.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
almost most made some of my Cowboys friends at work cry after the lost. "how about them Cowboys" Whaa hoo. They were almost ready to cry. lmao..

Blackrain

Reaction score

Listened to the draft on AM radio in my 70 Z28 Camaro . Great moment in Cowboy history drafting Tony Dorsett a true turning point . Watched Roger put the team on his back and struggle without a breakaway back after Duane Thomas left . Tony Dorsett gave him the tool to make it happen hope Jerry gives Dak the same chance with a great draft pick at WR

Blackrain

Reaction score
A 22 year traveling circus. Jerry has put his ego above winning. Only a fool believes Jerry really wants to win.

True post Art Jerry likes to win but strictly on his terms . Like all insanely rich guys with crazy hobbies . Its no fun to them to just pay somebody to do the job that they are floundering at , No challenge , . The more he fails the more determined he is to get it right himself . There is no higher power in his life to tell him he is making a mistake . He has all the money and is King of his world .

As long as he is alive its all we can expect .

ArtClink

Reaction score
True post Art Jerry likes to win but strictly on his terms . Like all insanely rich guys with crazy hobbies . Its no fun to them to just pay somebody to do the job that they are floundering at , No challenge , . The more he fails the more determined he is to get it right himself . There is no higher power in his life to tell him he is making a mistake . He has all the money and is King of his world .

As long as he is alive its all we can expect .

What a great description. Very well written.

In contrast to our idiot owner, there are other billionaire sports owners that wanna win at all cost. I love those type of owners but we will never get one for our Cowboys. Who could have imagined a worse scenario.

Im glad we won Sunday, but wake me up when we will a divisional playoff game after 22 seasons of trying with head coach Jones at the helm.

Blackrain

Reaction score
What a great description. Very well written.

In contrast to our idiot owner, there are other billionaire sports owners that wanna win at all cost. I love those type of owners but we will never get one for our Cowboys. Who could have imagined a worse scenario.

Im glad we won Sunday, but wake me up when we will a divisional playoff game after 22 seasons of trying with head coach Jones at the helm.

I hear ya , It would be great to have an owner with Jerrys money that would just pull out all the stops and hire the best at every coaching and management position and just let them build us a winning team . With proper management we could easily have a couple SB appearances in 22 yrs .

As difficult as it was to do I just geared my expectations to having a good Oline , Power Running game that was able to beat the teams we are supposed to beat and the years we had a favorable schedule make the playoffs and be out after round one . That in all honesty is the best I feel we can hope for with Jerry at the controls

ArtClink

Reaction score
I hear ya , It would be great to have an owner with Jerrys money that would just pull out all the stops and hire the best at every coaching and management position and just let them build us a winning team . With proper management we could easily have a couple SB appearances in 22 yrs .

As difficult as it was to do I just geared my expectations to having a good Oline , Power Running game that was able to beat the teams we are supposed to beat and the years we had a favorable schedule make the playoffs and be out after round one . That in all honesty is the best I feel we can hope for with Jerry at the controls

The Jones boys have been able to put a team together that is pretty good on one side of the ball but never a deep playoff run contender. Very sad, esp for us older fans that remember when the bar of excellence was high.