Anonymous Agent Rips Jerry: I Don't Think They Want To Win Above All

Kingofholland

Reaction score
All an agent wants is to make more money, so I find the comments ironic. Cowboys probably passed on a player interested in coming to Dallas or maybe it was Armstrong, Biadsz's agent, or another player. Maybe even Randy's agent haha

StylisticS

Reaction score
MountaineerCowboy, I bet you, me and the majority of the fans have very been aware of this for years. What the hell took all these others so long to finally come that that conclusion? It ain't rocket science.
Many Cowboy out fans that were paying attention have been saying this not for years, but for decades. The national media knew it but didn’t want to speak on it. Now they care starting. NFL network is tired of talking about us.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MountaineerCowboy, I bet you, me and the majority of the fans have very been aware of this for years. What the hell took all these others so long to finally come that that conclusion? It ain't rocket science.
We all know, but some take every chance they get to piss on the franchise that they are fans of...I guess it makes them feel good about themselves.

Jipper

Reaction score
anybody that rips someone and stays anonymous has about as much credibility as a poster on this site saying it

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're going to make a statement anonymously, keep it to yourself. Cowards comment anonymously, leaders comment on the record.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The agent was spot on. We have the appearance of being more of an NFL museum of Dallas Cowboys history than we are a real live NFL Club. Its becoming a farce. Thats why its been so hard for a fans point of view for the last 30 years. We wanna win, but it appears that winning in Jerrys eyes takes on a much different meaning.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-agent-i-think-the-game-has-passed-him-by

In an survey of player agents about the state of the NFL conducted by The Athletic's Ben Standig, one agent speaking about Jones believes "the game has passed him by."

"I don't think they want to win above all," the agent said when ranking the Cowboys as the most unstable franchise in the league. "Jerry (Jones) wants to turn profits and make headlines.”
Duh! Got 30 years of proof, 2 fired Hall of Fame Super Bowl winning Head Coaches, and ran off one HOF Super Bowl HC.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The agent was spot on. We have the appearance of being more of an NFL museum of Dallas Cowboys history than we are a real live NFL Club. Its becoming a farce. Thats why its been so hard for a fans point of view for the last 30 years. We wanna win, but it appears that winning in Jerrys eyes takes on a much different meaning.
I agree, it's just the anonymous stuff that troubles me.

Loso86

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-agent-i-think-the-game-has-passed-him-by

In an survey of player agents about the state of the NFL conducted by The Athletic's Ben Standig, one agent speaking about Jones believes "the game has passed him by."

"I don't think they want to win above all," the agent said when ranking the Cowboys as the most unstable franchise in the league. "Jerry (Jones) wants to turn profits and make headlines.”
I will never trust what an agent has to say

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Is that every franchise that hasn't win in 20 years?
No. Only the Arlington Jonesboys. No other GM has fired 2 HOF Super Bowl Head Coaches, ran off another HOF Super Bowl HC, and was not fired or ran out of town. No other team has gone 30 years without a NFC Championship game appearance.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The goal of a sports agent is to make his client the most money possible. What does he care about winning, unless uses it as a manipulative tactic to get his player signed to a team because he's trying to sell the player as a key component for such winning so that he can make him the most money (and himself by extension) as possible?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Only the Arlington Jonesboys. No other GM has fired 2 HOF Super Bowl Head Coaches, ran off another HOF Super Bowl HC, and was not fired or ran out of town. No other team has gone 30 years without a NFC Championship game appearance.
That's a short list of coaches with those credentials. The fact that in 30 years, three of them have been in Dallas and have been runoff off speaks volumes.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

@Risen Star is an Agent?

NotForLong

Reaction score
I 100% agree with this sentiment. Early in his ownership I think JJ was all in on winning and was willing to do what needed to be done including listening to the experts (i.e. Jimmy). because success came so easy (both quick and continuous) I think he thought it was much easier than it really is to achieve and maintain (thus comments like any 1 of 500 coaches could do it). As he tried to prove that theory true that he was a great GM, and any coach could achieve it, he realized that the brand was much greater than results. With that knowledge he has run the team as a marketer and not a GM with the express intent of building the value of the franchise over on the field success. Now that he has gotten older his focus is 1) doing things his way to prove everyone he is a "football expert" and 2) maximizing profitability and cashflow.
Wow, you have a deep understanding

NotForLong

Reaction score
When Jones was recently questioned by Clarence Hill Jr. of AllDLLs.com about potentially hiring a proper general manager instead of doing the job himself, he has pushed back in profane fashion:
"I've done it all. So I have an ordinate amount of confidence that f--k, if anybody can figure out how to get this s--t done, I can figure out how to get it done. I've been there every which way from Sunday, and have I busted my *** a bunch, a bunch. And there's nobody living that's out cutting and shooting that can't give you a bunch of times they busted their ***. So hell no, there's nobody that could f--king come in here and do all the contracts … and be a GM any better than I can. Plus, I'm where the buck stops. When it f--ks up, I got to cover it. And so there you can't give anybody enough. Can't give. There's nobody can do it."

Is someone going to tell him it beens 29 years and he still hasn't "figured out" much ?
That is why as much as I am dumbfounded and upset about how he handled 2016. I can take comfort in the fact he has to suffer the blame for the poor decision and it is He who 8 years later must confront the ramifications of possibly reinvesting in a mistake He already doubled down on