Anonymous NFL Executive had harsh words for Dak

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Both of those records are better than Dak’s.

I don’t see your point.
The point is those QBs were first ballot Hall of Famers and two of them had playoff records that weren’t much better than Dak’s. Does Dan Fouts’ 3-4 playoff record sound a lot better to you? Would that have you singing Dak’s praises if he had that playoff record? Lol How about Warren Moon’s 3-7 playoff record? Would that have you changing your tune about Dak if he had that playoff record? Lol

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fan I responded to claimed Romo got some guys paid. He’s talking about receivers. CeeDee isn’t in line for a mega contract that could reset the WR market if he doesn’t put up the career numbers he did last season. Dak is a big reason he put up those numbers. It was Dak to CeeDee all season. He was our most targeted receiver. That should provide some clarification.
Well explained, thank you.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Who the hell is this mystery NFL executive? He describes Dak as we used to describe another NFL QB, John Elway. He never did anything until he did. I hope Dak can be so fortunate.
Yeah, there is a long way between Elway dragging "teams" to the SB and a guy who hasn't reached a conference championship. Also, Elway was a multi-generational talent. A truly elite athlete.

A long ways from did nothing until he did.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It's not far fetched that there are voices within a lot of front offices that feel the same way as this anonymous exec. Thus why I'm not as convinced the bidding war for Dak's services would be as widespread as many of his believers would like to think.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's not far fetched that there are voices within a lot of front offices that feel the same way as this anonymous exec. Thus why I'm not as convinced the bidding war for Dak's services would be as widespread as many of his believers would like to think.
I get what you're saying but then I go back to the Cousins deal.....a 36 year old coming of Achilles surgery getting that much guaranteed money.

It literally just takes 1 team that wants a veteran qb that has put up good regular season numbers......

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/anonymous-nfl-executive-qb-rankings-cowboys-dak-prescott-01j2xwb0z4gb

Anonymous NFL executive says quiet part out loud about Cowboys' Dak Prescott​

This Dak Prescott criticism hits very close to home.

By Jerry Trotta | 8:00 AM CDT​

"He always does well enough to be in the top 10 but never gets over the hump," said an NFC executive. "He makes all the throws. He's playing the position at a high level. But something's missing. There are a lot of factors in that, from the running game, playcalling, defense, and Dallas hasn't won in a long while. But certain guys are going to elevate their team late in the game, and Dak doesn't seem to do that."

This guy is right....and that is true for about ~85% of the QBs in the NFL. There is Mahomes. Then there are maybe 3 or 4 that are in a tier below that. Then there are maybe another 5 in the next tier....and that is where Dak is.

I am not a Dak lover or hater. But here is what I do know. There are only 2....maybe 3 QBs in the NFL that could take this defense, running game and coaching further than Dak did. And unless you plan to get one those guys.....simply changing out the QB without addressing the run defense, run game and coaching will not yield any different results.

In other words....Brock Purdy......who has already played in a couple of NFC title games (something we have not done in almost 30 years) and a Super Bowl....would not have taken this front office, coaching staff and players to the NFC title game

We do need better QB play if this front office, coach, run game and run defense is as good as it is going to get. But what is the likelihood that you are going to land a QB that is a top 3 NFL QB?

I'm fine if you don't want Dak. But I get the impression you do want Dak...you just don't want to pay market value. And if you don't want to pay market value...you have to get rid of Dak and draft someone whose salary you can control for a few years! It's NOT THAT COMPLICATED.

Why do we think players...whether we drafted them or whether they are free agents...should want to give us a discount? EVERYONE knows Dallas is worth more than any franchise in the WORLD...so we are simply CRAZY for trying to do business like this!!! In fact....Jerry has shown that he is searching for the right "deal"...regardless of if it gets us to the goal of winning a Super Bowl (witness the Jaylon Smith and Micheal Gallup signings as recent examples). Which tells me they are prouder of fielding a team that meets the financial goals they set for the team as opposed to the goals fans want...which is winning a Super Bowl.

Think about this...we had to start 0-2 and basically have Charles Haley jack Jerry Jones up to get Emmit signed so we could win a Super Bowl. I don't know why the Jerry Jones apologists can't see how this man/family flaws stand in the way of us taking the next step. In fact, the Jones family has NEVER taken the next step. It should be obvious by now that Jimmy was the biggest factor in those early 90s Super Bowl runs. And without Jimmy or the remnants of what Jimmy built in the building...the Jones family has averaged 1 playoff win every 6 years. Those are the cold hard facts!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo got guys paid who went to other teams & weren't close to the production they had with him. CD was going to get paid regardless of QB because CD has become a really good receiver. Not even comparable.
CeeDee wouldn’t be in line to reset the WR market if he didn’t have a real solid, productive QB who targets him all the time. To say he was going to get paid regardless is BS! Amari Cooper is an excellent receiver, but he wasn’t being targeted enough which hurt his production and the Cowboys moved on from him because of money. They would move on from CeeDee if he wasn’t producing at the level he has. He can thank his QB.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I get what you're saying but then I go back to the Cousins deal.....a 36 year old coming of Achilles surgery getting that much guaranteed money.

It literally just takes 1 team that wants a veteran qb that has put up good regular season numbers......
I think he will have a market, but I think it could be limited to a few teams and I'm still not sure exactly where on the pay scale they will be willing to go. Top of market for a QB in his 30's who may be better than you have but isn't really going to energize a fan base?

Also, it's clear that Atlanta was looking at Cousins as a bridge while they had a lot of young talent. I may be wrong but I think the fanbase had gotten disinterested and getting the young talent involved & making the team at least competitive would go a long way re-energize them.

Hard to gauge until the season ends. You are absolutely right, it only takes 1.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak isn't Patty and MM isn't Andy.....Dak cannot do this on his own and needs all his planets to perfectly align. If he didn't need this he would have been a Rd 1 pick

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The point is those QBs were first ballot Hall of Famers and two of them had playoff records that weren’t much better than Dak’s. Does Dan Fouts’ 3-4 playoff record sound a lot better to you? Would that have you singing Dak’s praises if he had that playoff record? Lol How about Warren Moon’s 3-7 playoff record? Would that have you changing your tune about Dak if he had that playoff record? Lol
Do other QBs not winning make you feel better about Dak winning less than them? Do Dak fans have any pride at all at this point?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/anonymous-nfl-executive-qb-rankings-cowboys-dak-prescott-01j2xwb0z4gb

Anonymous NFL executive says quiet part out loud about Cowboys' Dak Prescott​

This Dak Prescott criticism hits very close to home.

By Jerry Trotta | 8:00 AM CDT​

"He always does well enough to be in the top 10 but never gets over the hump," said an NFC executive. "He makes all the throws. He's playing the position at a high level. But something's missing. There are a lot of factors in that, from the running game, playcalling, defense, and Dallas hasn't won in a long while. But certain guys are going to elevate their team late in the game, and Dak doesn't seem to do that."

How can such stupid people hold NFL teams' executive jobs when he just answered his own criticisms of doubt?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
To say he was going to get paid regardless is BS!
Really?

You put CD on any team in the league and he's getting paid. Because regardless of the QB, the FO is going to see a really good receiver. Secondly, Dak was doing anything special. CD was getting open. Any QB in the league would have been throwing to him a lot.

Amari was always open. The reason Amari got traded was because he spoke up about the QB not getting him the ball.

You really go in circles sometimes @KJJ .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do other QBs not winning make you feel better about Dak winning less than them? Do Dak fans have any pride at all at this point?
What it tells you about first ballot Hall of Fame QBs not winning, is that it takes a great team that’s solid from top to bottom to compile a good playoff record and win a championship.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Really?

You put CD on any team in the league and he's getting paid. Because regardless of the QB, the FO is going to see a really good receiver. Secondly, Dak was doing anything special. CD was getting open. Any QB in the league would have been throwing to him a lot.

Amari was always open. The reason Amari got traded was because he spoke up about the QB not getting him the ball.

You really go in circles sometimes @KJJ .
That post is so ridiculous it’s a complete waste of time. :rolleyes: I have better things to do on this board than to waste time with fans that don’t know what they’re talking about. Just another fan trying to discount Dak.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Pplop
Who the hell is this mystery NFL executive? He describes Dak as we used to describe another NFL QB, John Elway. He never did anything until he did. I hope Dak can be so fortunate.
Yeah but did you notice that when Denver got the star running back, well, they became champions. And then again, I can't put Dak up in the same class as Elway, not even close.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What it tells you about first ballot Hall of Fame QBs not winning, is that it takes a great team that’s solid from top to bottom to compile a good playoff record and win a championship.
Do you think Dak is a HOFer?

Is that why you're using other HOFers?

Is Dak a HOF talent that, you believe, is being failed by everyone around him?