Anonymous NFL Executive had harsh words for Dak

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you think Dak is a HOFer?

Is that why you're using other HOFers?

Is Dak a HOF talent that, you believe, is being failed by everyone around him?
Of course not, but if he keeps putting up numbers and can win at least one championship he has a chance to be a Hall of Fame QB. I’m using Hall of Fame QBs as an example. to point out that even they struggled in the playoffs when they didn’t have a complete team around them. Yes, Dak has the talent to be a Hall of Fame QB, his regular season winning percentage and numbers are proof of that. He’s currently in the top five all-time in passer rating. The issue has been in the playoffs. He’s been failed by his team, primarily his defense. We’ve had struggles running the ball consistently in postseason. There’s been issues on the OL and with penalties and our defense continues to break down in the playoffs.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/anonymous-nfl-executive-qb-rankings-cowboys-dak-prescott-01j2xwb0z4gb

Anonymous NFL executive says quiet part out loud about Cowboys' Dak Prescott​

This Dak Prescott criticism hits very close to home.

By Jerry Trotta | 8:00 AM CDT​

"He always does well enough to be in the top 10 but never gets over the hump," said an NFC executive. "He makes all the throws. He's playing the position at a high level. But something's missing. There are a lot of factors in that, from the running game, playcalling, defense, and Dallas hasn't won in a long while. But certain guys are going to elevate their team late in the game, and Dak doesn't seem to do that."

well the Quote is too organized to be Jethro or Stevie Must be Kraft

CWR

Reaction score
I only read the post, but there's nothing harsh there. If stating facts is harsh, I guess that qualifies. He even acknowledged there may be more to it. Bottom line is Dak hasn't been able to elevate us, same as Romo.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Of course not, but if he keeps putting up numbers and can win at least one championship he has a chance to be a Hall of Fame QB. I’m using Hall of Fame QBs as an example. to point out that even they struggled in the playoffs when they didn’t have a complete team around them. Yes, Dak has the talent to be a Hall of Fame QB, his regular season winning percentage and numbers are proof of that. He’s currently in the top five all-time in passer rating. The issue has been in the playoffs. He’s been failed by his team, primarily his defense. We’ve had struggles running the ball consistently in postseason. There’s been issues on the OL and with penalties and our defense continues to break down in the playoffs.
This is laughable and thinking like this is why Cowboys fans are mocked and made fun of.

I will not entertain it.

Blocked (until Dak is gone after the season and then I'll unblock to laugh at you)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What it tells you about first ballot Hall of Fame QBs not winning, is that it takes a great team that’s solid from top to bottom to compile a good playoff record and win a championship.
Very true, and since the Cowboys don't have all the "great team' why ruin the salary cap even further by paying Dak large amounts of money if he cannot do it on this team? Just because?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is laughable and thinking like this is why Cowboys fans are mocked and made fun of.

I will not entertain it.

Blocked (until Dak is gone after the season and then I'll unblock to laugh at you)
What’s laughable is this ridiculous agenda you have of spending all day bashing Dak. It’s almost like you live for this. If you’re not the first poster in these Dak threads, you’re not far behind. Do me a favor and block me. If Dak is gone after the season, you won’t be posting near as much, if any. You’ll probably follow him to his next teams fan board with the same BS you’ve been doing here. :laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That post is so ridiculous it’s a complete waste of time. :rolleyes: I have better things to do on this board than to waste time with fans that don’t know what they’re talking about. Just another fan trying to discount Dak.
lol...then go do it. You funny, KJJ.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If he’s gone after the season, you’ll only be laughing because we’ll be stuck without a QB. You don’t give a crap about the team, you never show up after wins. You only come here to bash Dak after losses. That’s not normal fan behavior.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Really?

You put CD on any team in the league and he's getting paid. Because regardless of the QB, the FO is going to see a really good receiver. Secondly, Dak was doing anything special. CD was getting open. Any QB in the league would have been throwing to him a lot.

Amari was always open. The reason Amari got traded was because he spoke up about the QB not getting him the ball.

You really go in circles sometimes @KJJ .
I'm not a Dak lover or hater. But what has NFL fandom come to when the NFL MVP runner-up is labeled as "not doing anything special"?

I am very frustrated at how last year ended. But I am also aware that we have gone 12 - 5 three years in row...and have downgraded the talent on the team each year. It is a real head scratcher to me. I think Dak has already proven he can't carry a team on his back for an entire postseason. And I don't think there are many QBs in todays NFL who can. So if we think "fixing" the QB position without fixing the run game and run defense is going to be the answer...we are going to be real surprised.

Fixing the run game was a lot easier than we attempted to do. We could have taken the money we are paying Zeke and Trey Lance and had Derrick Henry! Trey Lance and Zeke are NOT the answers to our questions AND neither will be on this team next year. So why are they on the team this year?

And is it a guarantee that Derrick Henry would have been the answer to our running game issue? No! Would I have rather taken a chance that he would have been as opposed to what we did? Yep!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He said Dak has HOF talent.
Look at the numbers he’s putting up and look at his winning percentage. Only Roger Staubach had a better winning percentage with the Cowboys. Wish Dak had the teams he had. He’s had 73 TD passes the past two seasons. His passer rating is fifth all-time. He does have Hall of Fame talent and you claim he sucks.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Look at the numbers he’s putting up and look at his winning percentage. Only Roger Staubach had a better winning percentage with the Cowboys. Wish Dak had the teams he had. He’s had 73 TD passes the past two seasons. His passer rating is fifth all-time. He does have Hall of Fame talent.
lol...I'm getting worried about you KJJ if you really, really think that.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
This one is much harsher

Screenshot-20240718-123841.png

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
lol...I'm getting worried about you KJJ if you really, really think that.
Dak fans have relinquished their credibility in talking football for Dak.

Dak doesn't know they exist, but they are more than willing to defend him to the bitter end, credibility be damned.

irishline

Reaction score
Who the hell is this mystery NFL executive? He describes Dak as we used to describe another NFL QB, John Elway. He never did anything until he did. I hope Dak can be so fortunate.
Elway never did anything until he did? He got his team to the Superbowl in his 4th and 5th season (and an AFC Championship game his 6th). Just like our... oh wait. Yep described just like Dak.

I wish Dak was so fortunate (for all Cowboy fans). In his first 8 years Elway won three times as many playoff games.

Oh the horror of "not doing anything until he did". Just wondering who the hell would compare the two honestly.

Last edited: