Another failure from the top down if Barber cannot go

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Isn't it enough that they screwed up the backup QB situation?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DallasEast;2462053 said:
I can agree with the overuse of Barber, but didn't the front office address the running back position adequately by drafting Felix Jones and Tashard Choice?

LOL, no doubt.

Good lord we get some odd complaints on here.

We have a Pro Bowl running back and we drafted a first round pick to BACK HIM UP but the front office somehow just forgot about RB???

Wow.....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DallasEast;2462377 said:
You don't have a solution. You're simply complained about a problem which even the front office and coaching staff cannot easily rectify IF they had the ability to foresee a season ending injury to the second string running back.

Running back depth was addressed before the season.

You, yourself, stated: "Not that talented RBs abound". There is no fictitious 1-800-RNG-BACK number which neither you nor Jerry Jones can call up "real depth" during the season. But, by all means, keep complaining about "real depth" at the running back position.

No, I do not have a solution as you blithely say.
If I did I'd give one to the front office. And then to you, bub.
But to attack the poster for stating there is a problem is absurd.
And, duh, genius, there is no real depth NOW at RB. It's a fact. Look it up.
My premise is, and remains, that the lemmings (you leading them) here all shout in unison to trash and attack the OP for complaining.

So stop all yer whining over somebody who, too, is whining.

You can now untwist them and go back to yer We Love The Clown Wade Phillips message board.:)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
The problem with the Barber injury is Brad Johnson.

The glaring incompetence this organization showed by having him as the backup is unforgiveable.

Because of Brad Johnson, there is ZERO margin for error.

Barber's injury is much less of an issue if this team had beaten a horrible Rams team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys fans find such bs to complain about. Seriously. I don't know what else you can ask for. We drafted Tashard Choice and Felix Jones when we just signed Terrell Owens. Steelers were in thes same spot when Mendenhall and Parker were hurt.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462043 said:
For whatever reason, the Cowboys tried to run Marion Barber into the ground this season. Now with Felix Jones out for the year....and Marion Barber possibly out as well, the Cowboys are in panic mode about the RB situation. When you see teams like the Giants utilize 3 different RBs....when you see the Pats get down to the 4th back on their depth chart...when you see the Steelers utilize 3 RBs.....I could go on and on. But just like miscalculating the backup QB spot might cause us a playoff spot...so has the handling of the RB situation in Dallas. At the end of the day we are talking about a RB...not a QB....a RB. With the weapons we have at the receiver position..with the OL we have....how hard is it to have a couple of quality NFL players that can run the d*mn ball. I listed some teams that employ multiple...and there are plenty more. The ORGANIZATION decieded to go with rookies and a 1st time starter. So now is NOT the time to tell us these young guys are not ready. I mean you cannot keep RBs on your practice squad year after year if you do NOT think they can play. That is really not a position that should require a WHOLE lot of development. And if guys take longer than a year to figure it out you should move on to somone else. I liked the little I have seen from Coleman, so call the guy up and lets play.

Sorry, but I couldnt disagree more and this is getting REALLY lame, blaming the "organization" for bad luck injuries etc etc. Barber was NOT being overworked, and even if he WERE that had NOTHING to do with the injury he got. We signed Barber to a huge extension, you have to use him. We also spent two premium picks on RB's, unfortunately our #1 pick got hurt.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not going to read this whole, ********, thread, but what's so bad with having Alonzo Coleman as your 4th option at RB? I really like what little I've seen of the guy, considering where he is on the depth-chart.

Verdict

Reaction score
Hostile;2462080 said:
Oh brother. Now we want to have 4 and 5 RBs and use up roster spots. Damn the Front Office for these guys getting injured. How come they can't predict this stuff? Get a new crystal ball and drink a different brand of tea so that the tea leaves are easier to read.

I swear some people think front office work in the NFL is a freaking walk in the park. Absolutely ridiculous premise.

:madden:

Judas Priest.

Come on. You know you want us to load up the roster with running backs. I have an idea! Lets use all of our picks next year to draft RB's. Yes! Sounds like a great idea. Then we won't have an organizational failure!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Verdict;2462734 said:
Come on. You know you want us to load up the roster with running backs. I have an idea! Lets use all of our picks next year to draft RB's. Yes! Sounds like a great idea. Then we won't have an organizational failure!

The entire organization has been flawed forever when it comes to running backs. They had no one to back up Emmitt Smith. Herschel Walker's back up was umm, I can't remember. For years they had so and so backing up Tony Dorsett. Sorry, but it is difficult to remember all the all pro running backs that have been back ups in Dallas.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462172 said:
the Steelers are 9-3....playing the toughest schedule in the NFL...

I am tired of seeing that.

They are 3-3 against teams with a winning record.

So that means they are 6-0 against teams with a losing record.

42-65 to be exact. Twice beating the 1-10 Bungles.

Who says they play the toughest schedule?

More media garbage to make certain teams look good or others look bad.

By the way, are you already assuming Choice will fail?

Because if you are, I strongly disagree. I think he will surprise some people, outside of Dallas and Dallas fans.

aikemirv

Reaction score
bbailey423;2462043 said:
For whatever reason, the Cowboys tried to run Marion Barber into the ground this season. Now with Felix Jones out for the year....and Marion Barber possibly out as well, the Cowboys are in panic mode about the RB situation. When you see teams like the Giants utilize 3 different RBs....when you see the Pats get down to the 4th back on their depth chart...when you see the Steelers utilize 3 RBs.....I could go on and on. But just like miscalculating the backup QB spot might cause us a playoff spot...so has the handling of the RB situation in Dallas. At the end of the day we are talking about a RB...not a QB....a RB. With the weapons we have at the receiver position..with the OL we have....how hard is it to have a couple of quality NFL players that can run the d*mn ball. I listed some teams that employ multiple...and there are plenty more. The ORGANIZATION decieded to go with rookies and a 1st time starter. So now is NOT the time to tell us these young guys are not ready. I mean you cannot keep RBs on your practice squad year after year if you do NOT think they can play. That is really not a position that should require a WHOLE lot of development. And if guys take longer than a year to figure it out you should move on to somone else. I liked the little I have seen from Coleman, so call the guy up and lets play.

What a stupid post.

Verdict

Reaction score
joseephuss;2462765 said:
The entire organization has been flawed forever when it comes to running backs. They had no one to back up Emmitt Smith. Herschel Walker's back up was umm, I can't remember. For years they had so and so backing up Tony Dorsett. Sorry, but it is difficult to remember all the all pro running backs that have been back ups in Dallas.

One of the toughest positions to fill is the pass rusher, whether you call him a DE or an OLB in the 3-4. We seem to have quality depth at that position. Every team has some holes. It is hard to ignore the fact that we have less holes in our roster than the super bowl years, and more depth than we have had since that time.

Your argument about the running back position being a position of weakness is flawed, as we used a first round pick on the position and a fourth round pick, and both seem to be playing up to their potential so far. You cant have a half dozen backs on your roster without weakening a different position. The 53 man roster prohibits you from doing that.

Your argument would have a lot more merit if you chose to knock the Cowboys for not drafting a QB.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Juke99;2462653 said:

The glaring incompetence this organization showed by having him as the backup is unforgiveable.

Barber's injury is much less of an issue if this team had beaten a horrible Rams team.
AMEN!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Juke99;2462653 said:

I don't disagree. That was a top of the line mistake. I thought early in the year we needed someone besides Brad. Then he played well in the preseason. Ok. No problem. I'd love to know exactly what the heck happened with him. How can you be that bad?

zeromaster

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2462651 said:
No, I do not have a solution as you blithely say.
If I did I'd give one to the front office. And then to you, bub.
But to attack the poster for stating there is a problem is absurd.
And, duh, genius, there is no real depth NOW at RB. It's a fact. Look it up.
My premise is, and remains, that the lemmings (you leading them) here all shout in unison to trash and attack the OP for complaining.

So stop all yer whining over somebody who, too, is whining.

You can now untwist them and go back to yer We Love The Clown Wade Phillips message board.:)
So says the poster who attacks the poster for attacking the poster. :rolleyes:

Another gem from FB, where agendas are a way of life.
:lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;2462653 said:

Why not blame the front office for acid rain, body odor, and pimples while you're at it?

It makes about as much sense as linking Brad Johnson to Barber's injury. Unless you are saying it was Brad who stomped on his toe and dislocated it. That would be a new on for me.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2462931 said:
Why not blame the front office for acid rain, body odor, and pimples while you're at it?

It makes about as much sense as linking Brad Johnson to Barber's injury. Unless you are saying it was Brad who stomped on his toe and dislocated it. That would be a new on for me.
do people have to SPELL EVERYTHING OUT FOR YOU...he is saying this would NOT be a must win game had we properly addressed the backup QB situation...because we didn't we have ZERO ROOM FOR ERROR. It is like my original post, people have ran with it and missed my point. If we cannot run the football because Marion Barber is out...then it is an organizational failure. Whe have not had Felix Jones for months and we kept pounding away with Marion Barber instead of suring up the depth at the position. So now that Barber is banged up, no one wants to hear we have no RBs...line up who you got and let's roll. That is what EVERY other NFL team does.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462043 said:

Second-guessing garbage. No team in the NFL has a contingently plan in place for both the first and second string RBs to go down. Since your so focused on the Gints, what would be the word if their first two backs went down? NE is using their 4th string back by necessity, not due to his impending HOF career.

Despite the knee jerk reactions, MB has not been "run into the ground." He's averaging less than 19 carries per game, or 5 per quarter. I know everyone wants to get their favorite in the game, be it Jones, Choice or even Rowdy, but this is just searching for drama.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462969 said:
do people have to SPELL EVERYTHING OUT FOR YOU...he is saying this would NOT be a must win game had we properly addressed the backup QB situation...because we didn't we have ZERO ROOM FOR ERROR. It is like my original post, people have ran with it and missed my point. If we cannot run the football because Marion Barber is out...then it is an organizational failure. Whe have not had Felix Jones for months and we kept pounding away with Marion Barber instead of suring up the depth at the position. So now that Barber is banged up, no one wants to hear we have no RBs...line up who you got and let's roll. That is what EVERY other NFL team does.
Backup QB has nothing whatsoever to do with Marion Barber hurting his toe. Not one cotton picking thing.

Your original post had no point. That's why people jumped on it.