Another failure from the top down if Barber cannot go

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2462211 said:
this all goes back to camp cupcake and camp marshmellow, if the head coach had done his job properly, and worked the players, put them in situations to showcase their talents and see if they can play, then you would have backups ready to play

look at the giants like the person stated on this first post, the giants play their backup offensive linemen during the season, all 3 of their running backs.

What was it that wade phillilps said about choice, i dont trust him, then you wade did a poor job of getting him ready in key situations, when you could have inserted him in games, if the giants used all 3 of their running backs, so should have you good ole wade

but when you do a laid back atttitude, then so will your players, till their backs are to the wall.

this all points to the head coach and coaches

Yeah, the coaches should have let the players beat the hell out of each other in practice where injuries DON'T occur! That way, the players can trot out on Sundays with their tongues hanging out all tired and beat up!

Yeah, that's the ticket! Stupid coaches!

:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2462211 said:
this all goes back to camp cupcake and camp marshmellow, if the head coach had done his job properly, and worked the players, put them in situations to showcase their talents and see if they can play, then you would have backups ready to play

look at the giants like the person stated on this first post, the giants play their backup offensive linemen during the season, all 3 of their running backs.

What was it that wade phillilps said about choice, i dont trust him, then you wade did a poor job of getting him ready in key situations, when you could have inserted him in games, if the giants used all 3 of their running backs, so should have you good ole wade

but when you do a laid back atttitude, then so will your players, till their backs are to the wall.

this all points to the head coach and coaches
:lmao2:

Felix was a backup. He couldn't play apparently.

Jenkins was a backup. Can't play.

Scandrick a backup. Can't play.

Spencer a backup to start the season. Don't know why he is gettign starter reps. can't play.

Bennett is a backup. Can't play a lick.

Montrae Holland a backup. He couldn't play last week.

None of our backups can play.

Crayton is a backup now. Know why? He can't play.

:lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;2462209 said:
going into the season the Steelers had the toughest schedule in the NFL. Since you are so good with stats....go look that up and get back to me. http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp
"Going into the season"?

Come on, man. You're reaching now. Each new season is relative. The difficulty of each team's season is determined during the season, not before it. We're IN the season now. The question now should be, "How difficult is each team's schedule?"

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Do you REALLY think Barber was run into the ground? :lmao2:

Barber has 225 carries. 18.75 carries per game. He is on pace for 300 EXACTLY.

Michael Turner, Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis, Matt Forte, Ladainian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Ryan Grant all have more carries than MB3.

Michael Turner is on pace for 377 carries! That is running him into the ground.

Emmitt averaged 19.5 carries per game. He was not run into the ground either.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
He doesn't? Then why does Bennett have 4 TDs? Why have Scandrick and Jenkins both started football games and how did Jenkins score a TD? How did Felix and Choice amass 413 yards of rushing and 32 more yards of receiving and 434 yards of returns?

We have 5 rookies and I named contributions by every one of them.

Ya got anything else to add? Hopefully this time that is truthful and makes sense? I'm not Wade's biggest fan. I call him Tommy Boy, but my gosh, at least I'm not throwing crap against the wall hoping something will stick.

i understand your point Hostile and i agree with you but one little point,

and this is a quote from good ole wade himself

i dont like to play rookies and first year players;

Wade had to play scandrick, jenkins, bennett,

scandrick and jenkins had to play because of injury to henry & newman, so wade had to

the playing of bennett came from jerry jones, good ole wade had to play bennett, because of money jerry jones had given him, you dont sit high players on the bench, not when jerry jones is footing the bill.

remember now hostile, what did good ole wade say about felix jones, i dont like to use him on kickoffs, but when key injuries to stanback and austin, good ole wade had to play Felix Jones on kickoffs, and what were the results, touchdowns and good returns by felix

so, this does back up my theory by what i said, and yes, good ole wade did say, i dont like to play rookies and first year players, but this year good ole wade has had to play them

superpunk

Reaction score
bbailey423;2462224 said:
well they DO decide WHO you are going to play based on how you performed the year before...using your theory they should set the schedule on a weekly basis since that is the only thing that matters.
Two games each season are decided by your standing the previous year.

Two.

The other 14 are predetermined.

I think you don't really have any idea what you're talking about, but I love the smell of a dumb thread in the morning.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2462230 said:

Two.

I think you don't really have any idea what you're talking about, but I love the smell of a dumb thread in the morning.
:fact:

The Panch

Reaction score
ajk23az;2462228 said:
Do you REALLY think Barber was run into the ground? :lmao2:

Barber has 225 carries. 18.75 carries per game. He is on pace for 300 EXACTLY.

Michael Turner, Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis, Matt Forte, Ladainian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Ryan Grant all have more carries than MB3.

Michael Turner is on pace for 377 carries! That is running him into the ground.

Emmitt averaged 19.5 carries per game. He was not run into the ground either.
This may be true, but I think we can both agree that Barber's style of play makes every carry he has take more of a toll on him than any of those guys you listed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462224 said:
well they DO decide WHO you are going to play based on how you performed the year before...using your theory they should set the schedule on a weekly basis since that is the only thing that matters.
For exactly 2 games.

Two.

We play 16 games. 1/8th of the schedule. 12.5 %.

Honestly, it's not that hard to grasp.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2462229 said:
i understand your point Hostile and i agree with you but one little point,

and this is a quote from good ole wade himself

i dont like to play rookies and first year players;

Wade had to play scandrick, jenkins, bennett,

scandrick and jenkins had to play because of injury to henry & newman, so wade had to

the playing of bennett came from jerry jones, good ole wade had to play bennett, because of money jerry jones had given him, you dont sit high players on the bench, not when jerry jones is footing the bill.

remember now hostile, what did good ole wade say about felix jones, i dont like to use him on kickoffs, but when key injuries to stanback and austin, good ole wade had to play Felix Jones on kickoffs, and what were the results, touchdowns and good returns by felix

so, this does back up my theory by what i said, and yes, good ole wade did say, i dont like to play rookies and first year players, but this year good ole wade has had to play them
Oh please. No coach "likes" to play rookies, but they play them.

That's all you got? I could pick my nose and get more and I blew my nose 20 minutes ago.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2462230 said:

Two.

I got trumped.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Pull back the attack dogs.
Lemmings, don't take another step into the abee . . . abyic . . . off from the ledge into that hole.

What I saw on the original post was a complaint about the "overuse" of Barber and a lack of depth.

Now whether we overused Barber is subjective, all you attack dogs and the poster.

I can emphathize with the front office's gamble that Barber would be durable. I cannot fault that.
What I can fault is the lack of movement in getting some semblance of depth. Real depth. Not that talented RBs abound. And when we started the season and into mid-season there were no worries about depth because our worries were about depth in QB position.
But nooooo, we chose to panic and get a blue-chip WR in Roy Williams. that's cool, but QB remained a problem until Romo got back and that "problem" could well cost us a chance at the playoffs.

I, including many others here never thought RB would be a problem. But now it is. And it is fair to post about it.

Having said all that, the most disturbing aspect of all this is the intolerance by the attack dogs here who bristle at any criticism about the Clown Wade Phillips and the meddling but well-intentioned Jerra and his braintrust.

If a poster states something you don't agree with and move on. Simple.
But all this snarling and riching and yodeling in defense of Wade and the braintrust is a bit overdone. Almost like you attack dogs are the ones being attacked. That's not the case, so you can take yourselves out of the drama.

Like a pit bull, some here won't let go.

GRRRRRRR! I don't agree wit him so I will join in the pack mentality. GRRRR! Let's git him, boys!

Move on and git a life.

It's not about yew. It's about the Clown Wade Phillips and some unfortunate spate of injuries. Not a devious plan by the front office. Not an act of God. Not the end of the world. Just a lack of depth.

What caused the lack of depth and what caused the toe injury can be subjective.

But dont go acting like YEW was attacked. You weren't. We are all just keyboard jockeys, nothing more.

I am sorry Iffin I hurt yours feelings but the dog pack mentality is absurd and at its core, just plain ol' junior high scool piling on.

I bet that in the 'hood all of you would go around in packs and not as individuals.

Now all of you go to your rooms and hopes your mamas don't discover you all skipped scool. Like I did for many years.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
its fact Hostile and thats what im trying to get you to see, other coaches play rookies and first year players, look at the patriots and giants, but good ole wade doesnt like to play them until HE HAS TOO, THATS MY POINT,

WADE HAS HAD TO THIS YEAR!

so in theory, you need to blow your nose some more, because i backed up my comments

AbeBeta

Reaction score
superpunk;2462230 said:

Two.

Pitt got NE and SD - those teams are sub 500 overall this year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;2462248 said:
What I can fault is the lack of movement in getting some semblance of depth. Real depth. Not that talented RBs abound.
What the heck were Felix Jones and Tashard Choice considered before the season began? "Chopped liver"?

:bang2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2462261 said:
its fact Hostile and thats what im trying to get you to see, other coaches play rookies and first year players, look at the patriots and giants, but good ole wade doesnt like to play them until HE HAS TOO, THATS MY POINT,

so in theory, you need to blow your nose some more, because i backed up my comments
If you don't have to play rookies excessively, why should you?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2462261 said:

Oh brother. Game 1 of the season we "had to" play rookies?

You believe that? Seriously?

That's just sad if you do. I'll go blow my nose because that gave me the sniffles. I can't help it. It's my danged king heart when it comes to tragedies like this.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

That's just sad if you do. I'll go blow my nose because that gave me the sniffles.

Better get those sniffles loaded up then Hostile, because game one we didnt play felix jones, till we had too, even good ole wade said so, and yes he had to play jenkins and scandrick because of injuries to newman lingering groin and henry hurt some.

now lets look at the draft in 2007, spencer, marten, free, stanback, folk, anderson and ball.

Spencer played sparingly, did you see Marten play at all last year during the season, did you see doug free play at all?

now these players could have played in high scoring games in the 4th quarter when we were killing teams, and the cowboys could have played brad johnson some too, did they Hostile?

i can remember only one game where free played, and barely at that, the washington game, along with mcquistan, but never any other games,

as far as folk and anderson, good ole wade had to play them, they were the best we had so wade was forced to play them,

so get your tissue paper out Hostile, and you had better go get another box ready too

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2462296 said:

That's just sad if you do. I'll go blow my nose because that gave me the sniffles.

Better get those sniffles loaded up then Hostile, because game one we didnt play felix jones, till we had too, even good ole wade said so, and yes he had to play jenkins and scandrick because of injuries to newman lingering groin and henry hurt some.

now lets look at the draft in 2007, spencer, marten, free, stanback, folk, anderson and ball.

Spencer played sparingly, did you see Marten play at all last year during the season, did you see doug free play at all?

now these players could have played in high scoring games in the 4th quarter when we were killing teams, and the cowboys could have played brad johnson some too, did they Hostile?

i can remember only one game where free played, and barely at that, the washington game, along with mcquistan, but never any other games,

as far as folk and anderson, good ole wade had to play them, they were the best we had so wade was forced to play them,

so get your tissue paper out Hostile, and you had better go get another box ready too

This post reminds me of a friend of mine that coaches little league football here in Utah. He HAS to play each little guy at least 7 plays a game weather the little tyke can play or not. That is the rule...

Well, this is pro ball where you play the best that you have to win as many games as you can. That's why they are called starters, and if the starters are playing well you don't pull them just because...!

Angus

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2462261 said:

It's very seldom that somebody gets the best of Hostile, Joe, but you may have done it.

:)