Another failure from the top down if Barber cannot go

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2462296 said:
Oh brother. Game 1 of the season we "had to" play rookies?

You believe that? Seriously?

That's just sad if you do. I'll go blow my nose because that gave me the sniffles.

Better get those sniffles loaded up then Hostile, because game one we didnt play felix jones, till we had too, even good ole wade said so, and yes he had to play jenkins and scandrick because of injuries to newman lingering groin and henry hurt some.

now lets look at the draft in 2007, spencer, marten, free, stanback, folk, anderson and ball.

Spencer played sparingly, did you see Marten play at all last year during the season, did you see doug free play at all?

now these players could have played in high scoring games in the 4th quarter when we were killing teams, and the cowboys could have played brad johnson some too, did they Hostile?

i can remember only one game where free played, and barely at that, the washington game, along with mcquistan, but never any other games,

as far as folk and anderson, good ole wade had to play them, they were the best we had so wade was forced to play them,

so get your tissue paper out Hostile, and you had better go get another box ready too
Are you Calvin Watkins???

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Angus;2462311 said:
It's very seldom that somebody gets the best of Hostile, Joe, but you may have done it.

:)
Actually he didn't. You just agree with his premise.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2462313 said:
Actually he didn't. You just agree with his premise.

No, it's called "putting another log on the fire".

:laugh2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2462261 said:
its fact Hostile and thats what im trying to get you to see, other coaches play rookies and first year players, look at the patriots and giants, but good ole wade doesnt like to play them until HE HAS TOO, THATS MY POINT,

WADE HAS HAD TO THIS YEAR!

so in theory, you need to blow your nose some more, because i backed up my comments

No you did not ..... just mixed the same failed theory around.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
khiladi;2462190 said:
Was Felix run into the ground when he got turf-toe? Last time I checked, Marion was on the field way more than Felix was, prior to Marion getting injured...

No he hurt it rehabbing his hamstring. But someone blamed Wade for it. Go figure. This is the reason scapegoats were invented.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Joe, you're in over your head, yet here you are digging the hole deeper.

Sigh...

cowboyjoe;2462296 said:
Better get those sniffles loaded up then Hostile, because game one we didnt play felix jones, till we had too, even good ole wade said so, and yes he had to play jenkins and scandrick because of injuries to newman lingering groin and henry hurt some.
I'll take some Nyquil. Don't worry about me. Try and learn the game.

now lets look at the draft in 2007, spencer, marten, free, stanback, folk, anderson and ball.

Spencer played sparingly, did you see Marten play at all last year during the season, did you see doug free play at all?
Spencer played in all 16 games. He was behind 2 guys who both went to the Pro Bowl. In your incredible football opinion those guys would have been on the bench so he could play even more? That's ignorant.

Speaking of ignorant, let's talk about the Offensive Line. Did you know that just about every Offensive Line in the NFL and the NCAA do not rotate players? Gee, makes you wonder why Free and Marten got no playing time along with McQuistan when all we had were 5 solid guys on the OL who were healthy for all of 2007.

now these players could have played in high scoring games in the 4th quarter when we were killing teams, and the cowboys could have played brad johnson some too, did they Hostile?
Did Brad Johnson play in 2007 when Tony was never hurt? How about you find out for yourself instead of asking me?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=331

Look up 2007.

i can remember only one game where free played, and barely at that, the washington game, along with mcquistan, but never any other games,
I already explained that no coaches rotate Offensive Linemen. If you don't get it I'll get some more Kleenex because this will make me very sad.

as far as folk and anderson, good ole wade had to play them, they were the best we had so wade was forced to play them,
You just made my point for me by going back in time to 2007. Was Anderson our only FB or was he our best FB? Was Folk our only Kicker, or our best Kicker?

Wade kept and played the best. Just like he has this year.

Too bad, so sad, your little argument fell all apart.

so get your tissue paper out Hostile, and you had better go get another box ready too
You better come with better ammo than this lame attempt Joe. I could defend this stuff with tissue paper.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Angus;2462311 said:
It's very seldom that somebody gets the best of Hostile, Joe, but you may have done it.

You've got to be kidding. With that? I fart better stuff.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Angus;2462311 said:

Maybe if this is a "Let's see who can post the dumbest tripe" contest. Well, I think we know who wins by a landslide.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Marion Baber hasn't been "run in the ground". Just like Al Micheals said, "Marion Barber is a stud". Someone stepped on his foot. That is a fluke. Newman's injury in training camp was a fluke. The guy hit him or fell on him in a non-contact drill. It wasn't Newman's fault.

As far as playing Felix Jones, by the Bengals game, Felix Jones was getting the football. I think the Cowboys learned their lesson in the first Washington game. If he doesn't get hurt in Arizona, Dallas wins. Garrett was in the process of getting him the football in that game. They couldn't stop him on the edge.

utrunner07

Reaction score
If Barber does not play Sunday he is not who we thought he was. This is turning out to be one of the biggest games of the season, he needs to be out there, playing through the pain. I imagine most will disagree with me but if Barber does not play I think he is weak.

That said I fully expect him to play.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DallasEast;2462270 said:
What the heck were Felix Jones and Tashard Choice considered before the season began? "Chopped liver"?

:bang2:

No, genius, after Fexlix went out and Barber began having trouble.
Felix and Choice are not chopped livah.
You be so rabid you be not reading good :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The first duty of an OL is to protect your QB. Always. No matter what. If you can put some backup OL in the game then I'm for it. As long as your 1st team OL has it down and doesn't need the playing time. But you don't put a backup lineman in the game if you have to have your franchise QB in the game. Not if you can't trust him to protect the QB.

And then you have to have a backup QB you trust to not allow the other team back in the game. I'm not certain all those requirements were met. I'd love to see some of the backup OL go against an opponents first team. We just haven't had the opportunity except for Proctor and most of you were clamoring for his head.

I'm not even going to the RB thing. 3-4 posters with a Wade agenda trying to fuel their own delusions.

Be thankful Choice has seen the field before this week. Coleman hasn't and it's for a reason. Hope we don't have to put him on the field.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My gosh, look at the title of the thread.

Translation...If Marion Barber cannot play on Sunday it is a failure that starts at the top.

Apparently Jerry Jones or Stephen Jones or wade Phillips stepped on Marion Barber's toe or ordered it done.

That alone should tell you the premise of the thread was flawed and silly.

Then look at the freaking spin control. The Giants have 2 RBs drafted in the 7th round. Does anyone care? Would any of you take their 3 RBs over our 3 if all 6 were healthy? Be serious.

Barber or Jacobs? Who would you take? If some of you would take Jacobs I'd be fine with it because he has had a great year. But so has Barber.

Felix or Ward? Who would you take? Anyone who says Ward is either a Giants fan or factoring in the fact Felix got hurt. If both are healthy and you'd take Eard then you need a rubber room.

Choice or Bradshaw? Who would you take? You could say Bradshaw and I'd be fine with it, but give Choice the same number of carries and I'd take him. Bradshaw does put the ball on the carpet.

They are the number 1 rushing team in the NFL. Credit their OL and their philosophy. I'd take our talent at the position over theirs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
utrunner07;2462348 said:
If Barber does not play Sunday he is not who we thought he was. This is turning out to be one of the biggest games of the season, he needs to be out there, playing through the pain. I imagine most will disagree with me but if Barber does not play I think he is weak.

:lmao2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
utrunner07;2462348 said:

If he doesn't play it will be because it will hamper his return and because he won't be effective. You may think that injury is a nothing but I've explained it takes a couple of weeks for most people to get back to being functional. And that's not back to normal.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GimmeTheBall!;2462349 said:
No, genius, after Fexlix went out and Barber began having trouble.
Felix and Choice are not chopped livah.
You be so rabid you be not reading good :)
You don't have a solution. You're simply complained about a problem which even the front office and coaching staff cannot easily rectify IF they had the ability to foresee a season ending injury to the second string running back.

Running back depth was addressed before the season.

You, yourself, stated: "Not that talented RBs abound". There is no fictitious 1-800-RNG-BACK number which neither you nor Jerry Jones can call up "real depth" during the season. But, by all means, keep complaining about "real depth" at the running back position.

jjktkk

Reaction score
bbailey423;2462043 said:
For whatever reason, the Cowboys tried to run Marion Barber into the ground this season. Now with Felix Jones out for the year....and Marion Barber possibly out as well, the Cowboys are in panic mode about the RB situation. When you see teams like the Giants utilize 3 different RBs....when you see the Pats get down to the 4th back on their depth chart...when you see the Steelers utilize 3 RBs.....I could go on and on. But just like miscalculating the backup QB spot might cause us a playoff spot...so has the handling of the RB situation in Dallas. At the end of the day we are talking about a RB...not a QB....a RB. With the weapons we have at the receiver position..with the OL we have....how hard is it to have a couple of quality NFL players that can run the d*mn ball. I listed some teams that employ multiple...and there are plenty more. The ORGANIZATION decieded to go with rookies and a 1st time starter. So now is NOT the time to tell us these young guys are not ready. I mean you cannot keep RBs on your practice squad year after year if you do NOT think they can play. That is really not a position that should require a WHOLE lot of development. And if guys take longer than a year to figure it out you should move on to somone else. I liked the little I have seen from Coleman, so call the guy up and lets play.
They the Cowboys have mainly used Barber because he is a great all around back, who can wear down a defense. I'm sure Felix Jones would of gotten alot more carries, if not for his season-ending injury. Some could say the Cowboys ran Barber into the ground, used him too much, maybe, maybe not, but I can certainly remember Jimmy Johnson using Emmitt Smith the exact same way. And we all know how that philosphy turned out. The Cowboys did address their rb situation in the off-season, they have just run into a unforseen of rb injuries. They can't be critizied for injuries happening to their top 2 rb's.