Twitter: Another play made by Diggs

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That analysis of that play will be dependent on the person analyzing it:

People that want it to a be a great play by Diggs will call it great.

People that want to blame Dak or don't want to give Diggs credit will blame Dak.

We know Dak is up/down in practice.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Reading comprehension my friend...while addressing Aria's insistence that Gallup could have caught and run for a TD if Dak had thrown the football correctly.

"There is no way Gallup would have been able to catch the ball and run upfield since there was not enough room for him to do so before obviously going out of bounds with his momentum and lack of space, hence why Dak HAD TO THROW the ball where he did right at Gallup instead of in front of him."
Right, he didn't have to throw it at him. Gallup can jump if necessary, but even that wouldn't have been necessary, had Dak put it over his shoulder. He may not have been able to turn upfield, but he definitely could have had a completion with a better throw. I'm not trying to knock on Dak, but the truth is that it wasn't that great a play by Diggs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Worse than anything it, Is just late. If he throws earlier Gallup has time to turn upfield. The timing of when he threw it made a completion much tougher and limited room. So then instead of just throwing to wheee only the receiver could catch it he throws it to the spot it should have gone to 1/4 second earlier. You will see this repeated all year.

It is just a weakness of his-does not mean he is terrible but he really needs to get better at anticipation out of breaks!

rags747

Reaction score
Bunch of garbage. Lazy hatred comment. Pay attention. Gallup had only 2 steps by the time the ball reached him and before he reached the sideline. There is no way Gallup would have been able to catch the ball and run upfield since there was not enough room for him to do so before obviously going out of bounds with his momentum and lack of space, hence why Dak HAD TO THROW the ball where he did right at Gallup instead of in front of him, thus giving Diggs the opportunity to dive and get his hands on the football.
If you look at Dak throwing the ball it is almost like he hesitated at first and then let it go. Aikman used to throw those balls before the receiver even turned. Do you think that ball would have been completed if Dak would have just let it lose without the hitch?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If you look at Dak throwing the ball it is almost like he hesitated at first and then let it go. Aikman used to throw those balls before the receiver even turned. Do you think that ball would have been completed if Dak would have just let it lose without the hitch?
Looks like Dak is coming off another read and quickly trying to get the ball out to Gallup before he runs out of bounds. Remember, this video is in super slow motion. Move it up to regular speed and you will get a better idea how quick this played out.

Swagger

Reaction score
I already explained myself. It wasn't a good throw, but the usual Dak haters use it to over-dramatize it and make it much worse than it actually was just so they can get their hating kicks. Tired of their crap.
That's fair

Swagger

Reaction score
To be fair it was only one throw and we all know that Prescott saves his best for game day. I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but it was only one throw!

I'm keen to see how our guys upfront do on the defensive line. Has Gregory been cleared to play yet? Serious question.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Something tells me Diggs is going to be one of those guys that have great training camps and average seasons. I hope I'm wrong.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Translation.....the hate is real!!!
translation its on film, its fact its not hate..history repeats itself..

I lie Dak but what i can be critical on OBVIOUSLY HORRIBLY THROWN BEHIND AND INSIDE THROWS SHOWING UP IN TC AND WHEN YOU SAY GREAT JOB DIGGS,

MAYBE but that was bad throw, period no excuses..im pretty sure its the same throw in both buff and NE game that did get picked off.. what observation and FACT bother you? what is Dak special and he on a dont be held accountable list?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Typical Dak including his luck on how DB drop interceptions.
Dak@666

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
In all honesty, that was a horribly thrown ball and the receiver had a few steps on him. Had that been on target Diggs would have been burned and that may have gone for a TD. I take all these reports and videos with a grain of salt though.
Correct, 2 feet to the left , Gallop would be galloping towards the end zone, Dak, sigh!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair it was only one throw and we all know that Prescott saves his best for game day. I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but it was only one throw!

I'm keen to see how our guys upfront do on the defensive line. Has Gregory been cleared to play yet? Serious question.

Dak's best is against dog teams like the Giants and Skins.....when facing top defenses his best is a loss for us.....

P.S. How the heck you go 2-13 on 3rd conversations vs the Pats with all that talent we have on offense???:banghead:

BermyStar

Reaction score
Dak threw it right it in his hands and just like the last few years, our corners still can’t catch. Solid.
I've never seen anyone dive for something thrown "right in their hands". Y'all agenda with Dak should have a name 'cause it's starting to feel like a living, breathing entity whose sole purpose is to suck enjoyment out of all good things by throwing shade at Dak.

Sad thing is Romo endured the same. Maybe Y'all miss Quincy Carter?

BermyStar

Reaction score
The next time Byron Jones makes a break on the ball for an interception in the NFL it will be the first time. Literally. He's never done it.

Two career picks. One on a tipped pass and the other was a hail mary attempt.
I like Byron, but this is truth. He was good at everything corner related...besides breaking on and playing the ball.