Video: Another proof Romo made made this putrid scheme look better than what it is

aria

Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious that it matters how they performed, and it is also pretty obvious that the Giant's receivers played way better than the Cowboys' receivers did in the playoff game. Who cares that TO is a hof receiver if he is hurt and plays way worse than Plaxico Burress did in the playoff game that you are talking about?
I’m just sick of excuse after excuse. Not once have any of the Romosexuals admitted that he blew it in some very key games. It’s always the coaches, receivers, RB’s, defense, anyone but him. I’ve already shot down most of those theories and they’re either ignored or people just keep circling back.

Who was responsible for his abysmal performance during the “win and in” Eagles game? or the “win and in” Washington game? What about against the Vikings in the divisional round? Who forced Tony to throw those balls and make bad decisions?

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol, the other guy said all great QB’s have HOF TE’s and WR’s. I point out Eli didn’t have any and now it’s “they played better”. Seriously people, how many more excuses can you come up with to support that he had plenty of chances to win in big games and blew it?

You're cherry picking. Parcells had a running game that actually scored in place and they slowly fell off the face of the earth. Spin that into whatever you want. You said Romo had padded stats because he threw to HOFs. Montana and Steve Young threw to the best ever. Now Roethlisberger has a WR who will be in the HOF, Aikman, Staubach the list goes on. But I'm sure those QBs don't need them? lol Eli had a better surrounding football team. O,D,ST, coaching, management, every single aspect. If you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you. And nothing to say about the decision making from the front office through the meat of Romo's career? I'm sure Eli would be lighting it up. That's the difference between the 2. Giants D played great through 2 Super Bowl runs. While giving up 14 and 17 points to NE. Keep telling yourself it's all the QBs fault. lol

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Exactly why I laugh when someone on here thinks Romo should "train" at QB coach or OC or something first. Totally ridiculous. Romo was the HC for years and no one knew....well...some of us did. Romo can HC right now and has more intelligence and talent in his little finger than JG the clapping clown does.
Ahhhh...the ole “he was the head coach for years”. So he’s the one responsible for only two playoff wins during his ~10 years here? Makes sense.

Using that logic, I guess that means JG has 1 playoff win in 2 years. Doesn’t sound like Romo is a very good head coach if clappy already has one win and another 8 years to go to tie HC Romo.

aria

Reaction score
You're cherry picking. Parcells had a running game that actually scored in place and they slowly fell off the face of the earth. Spin that into whatever you want. You said Romo had padded stats because he threw to HOFs. Montana and Steve Young threw to the best ever. Now Roethlisberger has WR who will be in the HOF, Aikman, Staubach the list goes on. But I'm sure those QBs don't need them? lol Eli had a better surrounding football team. O,D,ST, coaching, management, every single aspect. If you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you. And nothing to say about the decision making from the front office through the meat of Romo's career? I'm sure Eli would be lighting it up. That's the difference between the 2. Giants D played great through 2 Super Bowls. Giving up 14 and 17 points to NE. Keep telling yourself it's all the QBs fault. lol
The only thing I’m cherry picking is the big games he botched, which is a big deal. You’re the one who brought up the HOF’ers and I gave you an example of a team who didn’t, that’s not cherry picking, that’s called proving you wrong. I never said no QB’s have HOF receivers, TE’s and RB’s.

Just as I predicted earlier in this thread, as soon as I shoot down one excuse, more just keep coming up. Everything but Tony.

2007 Giants overall defense was ranked a whopping two spots above us! Whoaaaaaa...that sure supports your “better defense” theory.

Eli is a worse regular season QB than Romo but he killed it in the playoffs and when it mattered most, Romo didn’t. Plain and simple. Eli rose to the occasion and Romo flopped almost everytime in big games. Admittedly, there were a few big games he played well in and came up short but there were just as many, if not more big games where he wet the bed almost single handily.

Gator88

Reaction score
I’m just sick of excuse after excuse. Not once have any of the Romosexuals admitted that he blew it in some very key games. It’s always the coaches, receivers, RB’s, defense, anyone but him. I’ve already shot down most of those theories and they’re either ignored or people just keep circling back.

Who was responsible for his abysmal performance during the “win and in” Eagles game? or the “win and in” Washington game? What about against the Vikings in the divisional round? Who forced Tony to throw those balls and make bad decisions?
It is a team game, and most of the time, the team around Romo was pretty bad as you'd expect with GM Jerry. As for the three poor performances that you listed, the Commanders game was on him, the Vikings game was on the oline, and I dont remember the Eagles game all that well so I don't want to say anything wrong on that one.

Big_D

Reaction score
Then on top of it you refuse to take into account that the decisions by the so called management were a long term detriment which severely effected the outcome of football games. That's the story of a QBs career that could've been much better than it was.

Big_D

Reaction score
The way you remember Romo today is in direct correlation with how Jerry ran his football team. You just don't want to see it.

aria

Reaction score
It is a team game, and most of the time, the team around Romo was pretty bad as you'd expect with GM Jerry. As for the three poor performances that you listed, the Commanders game was on him, the Vikings game was on the oline, and I dont remember the Eagles game all that well so I don't want to say anything wrong on that one.
That’s a start :)

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Romo had his moments and he had terrible moments. No denying that fact. He kept us in games but also cost us games all the way until the last play - we had a chance.

Now, we're not even IN the freakin game. The guy under center now can't overcome his limited abilities or coaching staff.

aria

Reaction score
Then on top of it you refuse to take into account that the decisions by the so called management were a long term detriment which severely effected the outcome of football games. That's the story of a QBs career that could've been much better than it was.
Romo didn’t always have the greatest teams but he had his chances and had plenty of weapons. Again, the losses I mentioned weren’t on everyone else so stop using the players around him as an excuse. Do you want me to go game through game so you can tell me exactly who was responsible for each INT and incompletion he had? How is it he would beat better teams in the regular season, with the same teammates, and come “big game time” against lesser opponents he CHOKED? He tried to make too much happen, jitters, whatever, he just didn’t have it consistently. That’s not champion material.

TO, Dez, and Witten (for his entire career) are nothing to sneeze at. Some of the RB’s were good and some were average, I don’t recall any of them being horrible but I could be missing someone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What I really see lately is a lot of Romo grief.

Um, he has been gone for a whole year. Two years really.

Get over it. Move on and deal with what is the reality we have right now.

This is just pathetic.

We all get why you wear the black armband.

No reason to make it a headband and scream from the rooftops like an imbecile.

aria

Reaction score
What I really see lately is a lot of Romo grief.

Um, he has been gone for a whole year. Two years really.

Get over it. Move on and deal with what is the reality we have right now.

This is just pathetic.

We all get why you wear the black armband.

No reason to make it a headband and scream from the rooftops like an imbecile.
Lol, I was just thinking about how much some fans like to live in the past and what if Dak were still playing like his first year? There would hardly be any mention of Romo, dust in the wind. I get it, people need to grieve but the Romo infatuation multiple times a week is over the top.

Anyone remember the threads during Dak’s first year? There were very few supporters of Romo and multiple threads of how we needed to move on and why (ie injury prone and couldn’t get it done in big games being the primary reasons) but now once Dak has been exposed the myth, lies and legends of Antonio Romo have grown out of proportion. I truly believe the more Romosexuals that read these threads the more they start to believe everything that is said about him.

Two years ago it was time to move on with our new young franchise QB and Jerry/McClay were geniuses for finding this diamond in the rough. Now reality has hit and Tony has a shield around him that prevents criticism or reality.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Lol, I was just thinking about how much some fans like to live in the past and what if Dak were still playing like his first year? There would hardly be any mention of Romo, dust in the wind. I get it, people need to grieve but the Romo infatuation multiple times a week is over the top.

Anyone remember the threads during Dak’s first year? There were very few supporters of Romo and multiple threads of how we needed to move on and why (ie injury prone and couldn’t get it done in big games being the primary reasons) but now once Dak has been exposed the myth, lies and legends of Antonio Romo have grown out of proportion. I truly believe the more Romosexuals that read these threads the more they start to believe everything that is said about him.

Two years ago it was time to move on with our new young franchise QB and Jerry/McClay were geniuses for finding this diamond in the rough. Now reality has hit and Tony has a shield around him that prevents criticism or reality.
That really wasn't the point I was getting at.

Some people, among this fan base, still think that Romo could come back and restore glory. That is how diseased the mindset is.

aria

Reaction score
That really wasn't the point I was getting at.

Some people, among this fan base, still think that Romo could come back and restore glory. That is how diseased the mindset is.
That’s part of it as well, it’s all sickening.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
This video shows how Romo would call a new play at the LOS to make JG bad scheme work. Against 2014 playoff game against Detroit, two plays were called based on coverage they saw all game. When Romo saw that the coverage was looked different he called a brand new play "Tennessee" at the line.

This shows you Romo made the coaches look much better than they were. People who thinks we can just bring in a new QB and all will be fine are kidding themselves. Unless JG and his scheme is gone, we need a QB that is as good or better than Romo. Good luck with that. Nothing will really change much until JG is gone.

That's why I'm not hard on Dak like other folks are. He is asked to run the pathetic scheme and not deviate. Romo was disliked by Garrett because he would deviate constantly. No wonder Garrett and Jerry get along so well. They are one and the same

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well GB defense was 23rd against the run and we were 8th against the run. We were much worse against the pass but were middle of the pack overall defensively and they were slightly above us. Tony was 15 for 19, with a good QBR since he hardly threw the ball and Murray ran for 123 yards on 23 carries.

If anything, I’d say Murray had more to do with keeping it close than Romo. No one mentions Murray though, it’s only Romo that kept us in that game. Ridiculous what people conveniently fail to remember or mention when creating a fictional “hero”.
so Romo did nothing? was it coaches who did have a good game plan? and the team executed? keep knocking on Romo while Dak sinks the cowboys like a highschool QB that he is