Video: Another proof Romo made made this putrid scheme look better than what it is

aria

Reaction score
His running game didn't score points. There'a difference. You can do the homework or you just had to watch. While Eli was getting 15 to 20 a year from Jacobs and Bradshaw… Giants and Pats were top 5, Cowboys were usually hovering in the bottom tier. Points win football games and when your QB and receivers are doing most of the scoring, there's going to be some pressing situations.
Also, I’m not going through every season today but I started in 2007, Romo’s first full year. Giants running game with Bradshaw, Jacobs and Drouhns had 14 TD’s. Cowboys with Barber and Jones had 12 TD’s. So the Giants had a whopping 14 points more rushing for the entire season.

2008 Cowboys had ~12 rushing TD’s to Giants 19.

2009 Cowboys had 13 rushing TD’s to Giants 12.

Stopping there for now, so far you’re statement is inaccurate minus one year and the Cowboys even got more points the following year from rushing.

aria

Reaction score
LOL like the coach had zero say in the matter. If that was Jimmy Johnson, the QB is listening. Now it's the audible excuse. That's hilarious.
I never said the coaches had zero say in the matter, you’re right, it is hilarious because everyone gives credit to Tony for changing the plays in the huddle and doing his own thing yet they blame the losses on poor offensive coaching. They talk out of both sides of their mouth, can’t have it both ways.

aria

Reaction score
This makes me laugh, like all of the great QBs didn't have hall of fame WRs and TEs. lol
How many HOF’ers did Eli have when they won the SB or even after? Shockey? Toomer? Plaxico? Bradshaw? Jacobs? Nope.

Big_D

Reaction score
Also, I’m not going through every season today but I started in 2007, Romo’s first full year. Giants running game with Bradshaw, Jacobs and Drouhns had 14 TD’s. Cowboys with Barber and Jones had 12 TD’s. So the Giants had a whopping 14 points more rushing for the entire season.

2008 Cowboys had ~12 rushing TD’s to Giants 19.

2009 Cowboys had 13 rushing TD’s to Giants 12.

Stopping there for now, so far you’re statement is inaccurate minus one year and the Cowboys even got more points the following year from rushing.

2010 24th, 2011 30th 2012 28th. The worst in franchise history in that stretch. consistency didn't exist.

Big_D

Reaction score
How many HOF’ers did Eli have when they won the SB or even after? Shockey? Toomer? Plaxico? Bradshaw? Jacobs? Nope.

He had a great D and much better coaching. You could go on with your crusade to blame Romo but it's ridiculous.

You can't blame audibles after a decade of football. 1 or 2 years maybe , but the same excuse never went away. That's coaching.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The thing that's interesting to me is that Garrett said "We called Y-Option" as if that had been the original play call. The coach made no mention of the fact that the QB audibled out of the original play call based on his own pre-snap read that Witten would have single coverage. Garrett's description left everyone with the impression that the coaches had made a decision to trust Witten in that situation. Makes for a great story, but now we know they'd actually called a pass to Beasley or Williams, and that it was Romo who put his trust in Witten based on the chemistry between them -- with a play call that Garrett said should not have worked against a defense that allows the defender to play underneath.

In other words, Garrett not only left out the part about Y-Option not being the original play call, he let us believe that Romo tried to execute that call against a coverage that was unfavorable to it. In reality, Romo saw what the coverage was and knew a way to take advantage of it.
Classic Politician Garrett, going back to when he was OC. He's always framing things in ways that make him look good at the expense of other people.

It's funny that Jerry used the words, "Jason is not a fraud" in that interview the other day, because that's exactly what he is. I'm just glad people are finally seeing the emperor has no clothes.

Big_D

Reaction score
2007 - Romo's first full year - Jerry brings in 2 clowns who had absolutely no business coaching this team. NONE That team was ready.. Should've never went down like that but it's what you expect from this owner. And one of those clowns is till here??? Mind numbing stuff.

2008 - Trades 3 picks for RW and drafts Felix Jones in the 1st. LOL Quality decision making right there.

2009 - The 'special teams' draft. jerry at his finest???! Although that's up for debate? top 3 at least.

Didn't draft Tyron Smith til Romo was 31 hence the famous Romo spin move. I think Jerry needed to be convinced to make the move? Had to fold on that one.

That list goes on and on. How anyone blames the QB when the front office is making decisions like this is just mind boggling. Yeah Romo could've won but didn't… there's a much bigger reason for it.

Last edited:

mrmojo

Reaction score
I never said the coaches had zero say in the matter, you’re right, it is hilarious because everyone gives credit to Tony for changing the plays in the huddle and doing his own thing yet they blame the losses on poor offensive coaching. They talk out of both sides of their mouth, can’t have it both ways.
Romos play changes to be fair didn't work all the time. I remember interceptions, penalties, run calls like the 3rd snd 1 on Sunday and some chuck and duck throws from him. A lot of times I wished he just ran the play that was called and i think that started to happen in 2014 with the running game.

jaybird

Reaction score
This video shows how Romo would call a new play at the LOS to make JG bad scheme work. Against 2014 playoff game against Detroit, two plays were called based on coverage they saw all game. When Romo saw that the coverage was looked different he called a brand new play "Tennessee" at the line.

This shows you Romo made the coaches look much better than they were. People who thinks we can just bring in a new QB and all will be fine are kidding themselves. Unless JG and his scheme is gone, we need a QB that is as good or better than Romo. Good luck with that. Nothing will really change much until JG is gone.

Proof! Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Dez Bryant. Terrence Wiliams,; all average to below average WRs ended up with big contracts. They all should name their next child Tony..

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Ok, let’s talk about his 2007 MNF game against Buffalo. He tied a record, he was only the second QB ever to throw 5 INT’s on MNF, 2 of which were returned for fumbles. He even lost a fumble to add the icing on the cake. Very impressive!

I can only imagine the reaction if Dak did that in his second year.
and won

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Classic Politician Garrett, going back to when he was OC. He's always framing things in ways that make him look good at the expense of other people.

It's funny that Jerry used the words, "Jason is not a fraud" in that interview the other day, because that's exactly what he is. I'm just glad people are finally seeing the emperor has no clothes.
If garrot wasn't a fraud Jerrah wouldn't even be answering questions about whether he's a fraud or not.

aria

Reaction score
He had a great D and much better coaching. You could go on with your crusade to blame Romo but it's ridiculous.

You can't blame audibles after a decade of football. 1 or 2 years maybe , but the same excuse never went away. That's coaching.
You’ve been wrong every time, you know that right? You said Eli and other QB’s had RB’s that scored more points, I showed you stats and you were wrong. You said every great QB has HOF WR’s and TE’s, I brought up Eli’s SB wins, you were wrong again. Now you’re saying it was the defense.

You keep grasping at straws and coming up with excuses and have yet to acknowledge you’ve been wrong everytime so far.

aria

Reaction score
Again...WHO CARES that he won? That’s not the point. So now we’re praising a QB for coming back after being solely responsible for giving the other team 14 points directly plus a fumble and 2 more INT’s? The standards around here are pretty low. Not to mention, Folk was responsible for half the points, if anyone gets credit for coming back it’s him.

That’s about as bad as praising Zeke for his game against Detroit but refusing to acknowledge he screwed the pooch in key situations.

Gator88

Reaction score
You’ve been wrong every time, you know that right? You said Eli and other QB’s had RB’s that scored more points, I showed you stats and you were wrong. You said every great QB has HOF WR’s and TE’s, I brought up Eli’s SB wins, you were wrong again. Now you’re saying it was the defense.

You keep grasping at straws and coming up with excuses and have yet to acknowledge you’ve been wrong everytime so far.
For the HOF TE and WR that Romo had in 2007 and Eli didn't, Eli's receivers performed a whole lot better in the playoff game than Romo's did. Same thing in 2011, the Giants just played much better outside of QB, simple as that.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Again...WHO CARES that he won? That’s not the point. So now we’re praising a QB for coming back after being solely responsible for giving the other team 14 points directly plus a fumble and 2 more INT’s? The standards around here are pretty low. Not to mention, Folk was responsible for half the points, if anyone gets credit for coming back it’s him.

That’s about as bad as praising Zeke for his game against Detroit but refusing to acknowledge he screwed the pooch in key situations.
And there were some times that Romo couldn't overcome his mistakes like play-in games.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Exactly why I laugh when someone on here thinks Romo should "train" at QB coach or OC or something first. Totally ridiculous. Romo was the HC for years and no one knew....well...some of us did. Romo can HC right now and has more intelligence and talent in his little finger than JG the clapping clown does.

Well stated. If Peterson can do it in Philly Tony has potential here.....He certainly understands what D's are doing, and how to adjust an O....

aria

Reaction score
For the HOF TE and WR that Romo had in 2007 and Eli didn't, Eli's receivers performed a whole lot better in the playoff game than Romo's did. Same thing in 2011, the Giants just played much better outside of QB, simple as that.
Lol, the other guy said all great QB’s have HOF TE’s and WR’s. I point out Eli didn’t have any and now it’s “they played better”. Seriously people, how many more excuses can you come up with to support that he had plenty of chances to win in big games and blew it?

aria

Reaction score
And there were some times that Romo couldn't overcome his mistakes like play-in games.
Exactly, the important ones. The only reason I brought up his epic regular season blunder against the 1-4 Bills was because he tied the MNF record for most INT’s, two of which were pick 6’s. That’s pretty special.

Gator88

Reaction score
Lol, the other guy said all great QB’s have HOF TE’s and WR’s. I point out Eli didn’t have any and now it’s “they played better”. Seriously people, how many more excuses can you come up with to support that he had plenty of chances to win in big games and blew it?
I think it's pretty obvious that it matters how they performed, and it is also pretty obvious that the Giant's receivers played way better than the Cowboys' receivers did in the playoff game. Who cares that TO is a hof receiver if he is hurt and plays way worse than Plaxico Burress did in the playoff game that you are talking about?