Another season in decline; same franchise built on ignoring the truth

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You serious. Clark? Well over half that yardage was after the game was over. And while you want to lay blame elsewhere for 2 of the picks, he just as easily could have had 2 - 3 more that were dropped by the defense. That game can be played both ways. He's not the QB to lead is into the future, unless the future is littered with losses like the last 2 weeks. Yet Jones is getting ready to drop bank on him like he's Brady. Oh yeah, Jerry. Please don't mention Dak and Brady in the same sentence again. It makes you look like an embecile.

Ummmm...........all the picks were after the game was over. So if you are going to use that logic?

The game was actually over in the first quarter when it was 14-0.

kwcool619

Reaction score
No, it's the reality of the situation.

This fan base was lathered up in a big pom-pom orgy after beating three teams that barely qualify as NFL teams.

Then a Brees-less Saints team thumps them in the nose, and the Packers waltz in and put a 31-3 on the board.

A running back who'd barely done anything lately ran like he was Walter Payton. What are Leveon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel, Jordan Howard, Kerryon Johnson, and Frank Gore going to do to them?

Scary thought.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
All completely wrong but when the team loses it opens them up to all critics.

The only thing worse than losing the game is this analysis.

I've seen many good analysis at CZ since the end of the game but this is NOT one of them.
I agree. A good portion of it was complete bull****.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These sanctimonious posts in week 5 drive me nuts. You're not confronting a harsh truth. You're jumping to conclusions. Do we look like a contender in the NFC right now based off of the last two weeks? Nope. Is an early-season two-week span ever how the NFC contenders are determined? Nope.

You just have to sit tight and wait. At least most of the damage so far has been self-inflicted. That gives more hope for improvement than the alternative. Sit tight. Enjoy the meaningful football games while we have them. The season is short.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It can be hard to look in the mirror. Most people won't. They refuse to. They'll change the way the look, the way they talk, the way they vote, the scene they frequent, the tone they live, but they won't ever look deep into that mirror. Never.

Way too much reality in that reflection.

No doubt Jerry is shattering mirrors in every corner of the The Star today because he's the last to look in one himself. He's gonna sell this turd until the cash register stops ringing. He's an owner looking down the barrel of his own mortality, and he hasn't got the time to reevaluate right now. Twenty-five years of truth he'd rather forget altogether.

Some of us got shunned and guffawed when we had the nerve to mention three weeks ago that we really didn't know anything about this team yet. Those opponents are now a whopping 2-12 on the season. Those three wins meant absolutely nothing. They were the fool's gold of a fool's fool.

The number 10 is a nice round number, so I'll list 10 truths that are hard to hear. But like you, I could list them all day long. The cracks in this veneer are deep and troublesome.

1. How many more winnable games are there after the Jets? You've got the Commanders, and......? Look at the Buffalo and Chicago defenses. The Patriots, Rams, and Eagles twice. The Lions are no joke, nor are the Vikings. The Giants are better than they were the first time. Are there 5 more wins on the schedule? That'd be 8-8, and frankly, that seems a bit optimistic.

2. Let's get Dak out of the way, though he's just the beginning. The guy is simply average. He's inaccurate with any pressure in his face at all. He lacks confidence in himself in games like the last two weeks. If one or two pieces of the offense are missing, he's lost. Both he and Rodgers were under pressure yesterday, but Rodgers just stepped around it and dropped perfect balls everywhere. Dak threw for 0 yards on third down. He was absolutely dreadful when it mattered, just like the week before.

3. The offense is broken because of #2. Good defense simply have ZERO respect for Dallas' passing game. Scott Linehan, Kellen Moore.....doesn't really matter who's calling the plays. Defenses play downhill and aggressive against Dallas to just overwhelm the Cowboys offensive line with numbers. It negates the bevy of talent in the receiving corps. They simply know that this isn't a high-scoring offense against good defenses. They don't fear it whatsoever. And Jerry's about to dump $35 million a year on the QB running it, cementing that truth for the the next several years.

4. Zeke is starting to look like a Dez contract already.

5. So is Lawrence and Jaylon. Cooper and Dak are soon to follow.

6. Joe Thomas and Sean Lee are better than Jaylon and LVE right now. The two young guns are getting owned. Jones tore LVE up yesterday. Both of them just got smashed off the ball and juked out of their shorts. Both were completely lost in coverage. They didn't fill a single gap yesterday. Green Bay ran up the middle at will.

7. The kicker sucks. Still. As does the punter suddenly for no reason.

8. The pass rush looks pedestrian yet again. They provided some pressure yesterday to a degree, but a top tier quarterback was not really bothered. Neither will the others that follow.

9. Xavier looks lost in the back. Heath is playing by himself, and not very good at that because he's the Dak Prescott of the defense. Average at best. The corners are trying to keep up, but the pass rush is selling them out. It's a fire drill.

10. The franchise is just broken. Nobody is really the GM. Nobody is really the head coach. Nobody is really the OC or DC. It's this nebulous organizational mob by committee trying to pretend and hype an overrated roster into more than it is. Hope is still the strategy, as it has been for 25 years. They aren't willing to do what really needs to be done. You can see it in Garrett's face. He's a token coach of a token staff led by a Jed Clampett family dynasty. It ain't every gonna change.

They need to put Richard in charge of the defense full time.

Dont fire Marinelli mid season, but "promote" him like they did Monti after 2013.

It will fix a lot of our problems.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These sanctimonious posts in week 5 drive me nuts. You're not confronting a harsh truth. You're jumping to conclusions. Do we look like a contender in the NFC right now based off of the last two weeks? Nope. Is an early-season two-week span ever how the NFC contenders are determined? Nope.

You just have to sit tight and wait. At least most of the damage so far has been self-inflicted. That gives more hope for improvement than the alternative. Sit tight. Enjoy the meaningful football games while we have them. The season is short.
Sound of reason!!

CWR

Reaction score
The game yesterday was not close.

Yeah youre right. It wasnt. I dont know why I put that. We made an effort late, but GB controlled from the onset. I do ultimately think we'd have likely won if it wasn't for -3 to deficit. Although our run D was atrocious.

Without going back and re-reading I think my original point was we will be alright. Its not quite time for the nuclear option. HOWEVER, I say this with the utmost concern if we dont get this defense going all bets are off.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing self- inflicted about the defense.

It's inflicted.

Yeah, interior run defense has den bad. But we’d have just beaten two of the better NFC teams if we’d not turned the ball over despite the bad run defense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It can be hard to look in the mirror. Most people won't. They refuse to. They'll change the way the look, the way they talk, the way they vote, the scene they frequent, the tone they live, but they won't ever look deep into that mirror. Never.

Way too much reality in that reflection.

No doubt Jerry is shattering mirrors in every corner of the The Star today because he's the last to look in one himself. He's gonna sell this turd until the cash register stops ringing. He's an owner looking down the barrel of his own mortality, and he hasn't got the time to reevaluate right now. Twenty-five years of truth he'd rather forget altogether.

Some of us got shunned and guffawed when we had the nerve to mention three weeks ago that we really didn't know anything about this team yet. Those opponents are now a whopping 2-12 on the season. Those three wins meant absolutely nothing. They were the fool's gold of a fool's fool.

The number 10 is a nice round number, so I'll list 10 truths that are hard to hear. But like you, I could list them all day long. The cracks in this veneer are deep and troublesome.

1. How many more winnable games are there after the Jets? You've got the Commanders, and......? Look at the Buffalo and Chicago defenses. The Patriots, Rams, and Eagles twice. The Lions are no joke, nor are the Vikings. The Giants are better than they were the first time. Are there 5 more wins on the schedule? That'd be 8-8, and frankly, that seems a bit optimistic.

2. Let's get Dak out of the way, though he's just the beginning. The guy is simply average. He's inaccurate with any pressure in his face at all. He lacks confidence in himself in games like the last two weeks. If one or two pieces of the offense are missing, he's lost. Both he and Rodgers were under pressure yesterday, but Rodgers just stepped around it and dropped perfect balls everywhere. Dak threw for 0 yards on third down. He was absolutely dreadful when it mattered, just like the week before.

3. The offense is broken because of #2. Good defense simply have ZERO respect for Dallas' passing game. Scott Linehan, Kellen Moore.....doesn't really matter who's calling the plays. Defenses play downhill and aggressive against Dallas to just overwhelm the Cowboys offensive line with numbers. It negates the bevy of talent in the receiving corps. They simply know that this isn't a high-scoring offense against good defenses. They don't fear it whatsoever. And Jerry's about to dump $35 million a year on the QB running it, cementing that truth for the the next several years.

4. Zeke is starting to look like a Dez contract already.

5. So is Lawrence and Jaylon. Cooper and Dak are soon to follow.

6. Joe Thomas and Sean Lee are better than Jaylon and LVE right now. The two young guns are getting owned. Jones tore LVE up yesterday. Both of them just got smashed off the ball and juked out of their shorts. Both were completely lost in coverage. They didn't fill a single gap yesterday. Green Bay ran up the middle at will.

7. The kicker sucks. Still. As does the punter suddenly for no reason.

8. The pass rush looks pedestrian yet again. They provided some pressure yesterday to a degree, but a top tier quarterback was not really bothered. Neither will the others that follow.

9. Xavier looks lost in the back. Heath is playing by himself, and not very good at that because he's the Dak Prescott of the defense. Average at best. The corners are trying to keep up, but the pass rush is selling them out. It's a fire drill.

10. The franchise is just broken. Nobody is really the GM. Nobody is really the head coach. Nobody is really the OC or DC. It's this nebulous organizational mob by committee trying to pretend and hype an overrated roster into more than it is. Hope is still the strategy, as it has been for 25 years. They aren't willing to do what really needs to be done. You can see it in Garrett's face. He's a token coach of a token staff led by a Jed Clampett family dynasty. It ain't every gonna change.

Jerry's Toy, we're just the spectators....

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
It ain't every gonna change.

Change to It ain't EVER going to change.

Other than that and a couple other iffy things, Good post.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

So YOUR so called truth is now universal truth? lol.
H A T E by you on Dak is the only truth you've moaned about since he was drafted.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Start with Garrett and go from there.

Dak is the best thing this team has going. 463 yards passing and 2 TD's, probably should have been 3. 1600 yards passing and 12 TD's in 5 weeks. Two picks yesterday were the fault of the receivers.

The kid is a complete stud.

Only Erod has the truth though. Cause he says so. lol.

morat1959

Reaction score
How can people know what going to happen 5 games into the season?!?!? I don't get this type of woe is me thinking.. The season is long fellas there's no way that you know the outcome of what the record will end up. I thought that's why you play the game to decide the winner. This place isn't happy no matter what's going on winning, losing, ties, off season, during the season... wow.
You tell me what this organization has given it’s fans to be happy about since JJ took over as GM 23+ years ago....I’ll wait.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
As opposed to whom?

Given the choice of playing the Cowboys, Saints, Rams, Seahawks, Eagles, and probably the Bears, I guarantee the Packers would pick the Cowboys 10 out of 10 times.

giphy-downsized.gif

morat1959

Reaction score
They're in full spin control. When the front office eats the cheese on a meaningless 3-0 start against sub-NFL teams, you're in trouble.

They're the same team the've been for the past three years. Good against the bad teams, and bad against the good ones. 5-9 against winning teams.
Easy...the homers ignore stats unless it’s fits their agenda!