Another sign we’re close?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry still runs things!

No! Stephen now runs things!

Will McClay!

Quite a debate going about something no one here actually knows, and it doesn't matter anyway. We're just fans. We can choose to either support the Cowboys or not. I still do, but it's not as easy or with the same fervor as it was in the past. It's more out of curiosity at this point. :popcorn:

When someone delegates responsibility...yea, that person given the job, does get credit. That is then a legitimized source of authority...in a chain-of-command.

ESisback

Reaction score
We’ll see how much influence Cheapskate Son has over Daddy Jethro in Dakster contract.

If we pay a 15th ranked QB top 5 money then I’d argue Football Idiot is trying to make a splash. If not and we play more hardball negotiating a contract to fit our QB2 skill set then I might begin giving Cheapskate Son more credit.

This serves to illustrate the notion that you’re in the “Bad=Jerry, Good=Anyone Else Club”.

The Top 5 QB contract wouldn’t last long. A year and a half from now, after the others get their deals, he’ll be out of the Top Ten. He’ll go lower still as time progresses. While I don’t believe Dak is a Top 10 QB, lesser QBs have won SB rings.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
...the fact that commentators are now saying Stephen and Will McClay, and not Jerry, are running things.

Discuss....

Unless these commentators whoever they are, are running around the Cowboys offices with a film crew filming everything, then it's just them GUESSING or trying to push want they want to see as some kind of facts. When Jerry gives up his titles of president and GM of the Cowboys, then they can say he's riding off into the sunset.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If Jerry wanted Johnny College he would've been the pick.

You mistake that unlike when Jerry bought the Cowboys and did what he wanted to do no matter what others thought about the decisions with how he now takes recommendations from those around him and then makes up his mind. But don't mistake that he now listens to others before HE makes up his mind as surrendering his titles as president and GM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This serves to illustrate the notion that you’re in the “Bad=Jerry, Good=Anyone Else Club”.

The Top 5 QB contract wouldn’t last long. A year and a half from now, after the others get their deals, he’ll be out of the Top Ten. He’ll go lower still as time progresses. While I don’t believe Dak is a Top 10 QB, lesser QBs have won SB rings.
Now your trying to place me in a cubicle. Jerry without the greater influence is bad for football operations. There’s a reason 30 other franchises aren’t following his lead but keep defending Jerry as a GM. I never thought you were one of his Slobberers.

There’s no just cause to pay a 15th ranked QB Top 5 money at this time. Spin it how you wish to justify your thoughts.

Lesser QB’s have won it but it’s a rather short list in comparison. Why would we be rooting to take the harder road ? It sounds like we’re just defending him because he’s our guy. A little too Homerish for this critic.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Interesting as he let some have their say and then time to shut up.

I do not think he is as involved in as much day to day but if it's important, he's the final approval.

Booger has built his persona and is the face of the team, even has people calling his stadium Booger World, or something to that effect. What would he do? Crazy Al probably knew he should not be as involved as he was but that's who he was. Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders were inseparable in his mind and in mine as well. I think Booger has reached that level with this team and cannot imagine not being joined at the hip.

Some feel since he's 75 that that's wind down time, jump on the boat and play pirate and the saucy wench but some men cannot let go and go into that good night. If he didn't have those interviews to look forward to and some people interested in what he has to say, he loses relevance and that is a hard thing to take.

You're the only one that I've heard call it booger world. I think I'll start referring to you as sh**f**e.

Hardline

Reaction score
You mistake that unlike when Jerry bought the Cowboys and did what he wanted to do no matter what others thought about the decisions with how he now takes recommendations from those around him and then makes up his mind. But don't mistake that he now listens to others before HE makes up his mind as surrendering his titles as president and GM.
Jerry has the final decision. He could have overruled everyone and took Johnny College. He made the decision not to.

ESisback

Reaction score
Unless these commentators whoever they are, are running around the Cowboys offices with a film crew filming everything, then it's just them GUESSING or trying to push want they want to see as some kind of facts. When Jerry gives up his titles of president and GM of the Cowboys, then they can say he's riding off into the sunset.

But that’s my question. We’re all aware that they don’t REALLY know. But does the fact that more of these “informed speculators” are apparently fostering the perception that Jerry has stepped back a little signal a change? Follow me here. For decades, the prevailing perception outside the Cowboy fan base has been that of an underachieving dumpster fire. Jerry Jones, evil Corporate CEO, a drunken, arrogant know-nothing, fostering a country club atmosphere. A meddling old pervert, an arm twisting PT Barnum pushing his overrated version of gridiron royalty. Hordes of jealous losers gleefully ate it up, but could the media be attempting to change the scenario—returning Dallas to prominence to regain ratings succe$$? The league has seen a downturn in recent years for a number of reasons. Are they preparing the white hats for us again?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the only one that I've heard call it booger world. I think I'll start referring to you as sh**f**e.
Fine by me but I don't know the last two *'s. Should I feel special or depressed?

I am the only one I know that calls him Booger, and respect demands that be capitalized, so it is Booger World or the Big Top, the Booger Boogie Bus and the Boogertron and now the Booger Boat. That seems to upset some people which doesn't seem to upset me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is Jerry isn’t that bad of a GM or we would have resembled the Browns the last 20 years. He just gets in his own way too many times over conflicting issues wearing the owners and GM hat together.

And his pursuit and passion of proving he was a more important part with Jimmy has fueled his passion to win without a proven HC who could take more of the credit. This has probably hurt him more than anything.

Jerry deserved more credit than he received with Jimmy. I blame the media and segment of fans who steered Jerry in this direction to prove himself.

But Jerry has always had this intent to be a Football Guy and why he bought the Cowboys to be a sports celebrity. He didn’t need the money. The revenue has simply fueled his passion and allowed him to stay in place rather than being forced out with fan apathy related to revenue.

ESisback

Reaction score
Now your trying to place me in a cubicle. Jerry without the greater influence is bad for football operations. There’s a reason 30 other franchises aren’t following his lead but keep defending Jerry as a GM. I never thought you were one of his Slobberers.

There’s no just cause to pay a 15th ranked QB Top 5 money at this time. Spin it how you wish to justify your thoughts.

Lesser QB’s have won it but it’s a rather short list in comparison. Why would we be rooting to take the harder road ? It sounds like we’re just defending him because he’s our guy. A little too Homerish for this critic.

I’m NOT a “slobberer”, just not so consumed by hatred for Jerry that everything else is irrelevant.

Lesser QBs—Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Joe Flacco, Jim McMahon, Jim Plunkett...there’s several others I’m missing. And let’s not forget Dumbface Eli, the former first rounder who once threw 27 INTs in a single season, who wouldn’t a have a ring without an otherworldly pass rush and a freak catch by a forgotten backup WR.

As far as “taking the harder road”...who knows what that is? Do you have a list of candidates that could guarantee more success? Is there anyone that we could trade for or draft in the next couple of years that would guarantee us more than Dak? We KNOW he’s had an accuracy issue, that he’s a 4th rounder, and that his ceiling is probably lower than several other QBs, but your better solution is what, exactly?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact of the matter is Jerry isn’t that bad of a GM or we would have resembled the Browns the last 20 years. He just gets in his own way too many times over conflicting issues wearing the owners and GM hat together.

And his pursuit and passion of proving he was a more important part with Jimmy has fueled his passion to win without a proven HC who could take more of the credit. This has probably hurt him more than anything.

Jerry deserved more credit than he received with Jimmy. I blame the media and segment of fans who steered Jerry in this direction to prove himself.

But Jerry has always had this intent to be a Football Guy and why he bought the Cowboys to be a sports celebrity. He didn’t need the money. The revenue has simply fueled his passion and allowed him to stay in place rather than being forced out with fan apathy related to revenue.
The bold is why he will never willingly step aside while mentally and physically able. He's an attention *****.

As far as needing the money, do any of these fatcats NEED the money? They need to have more than whomever they're comparing themselves to at that time.

ESisback

Reaction score
Fine by me but I don't know the last two *'s. Should I feel special or depressed?

I am the only one I know that calls him Booger, and respect demands that be capitalized, so it is Booger World or the Big Top, the Booger Boogie Bus and the Boogertron and now the Booger Boat. That seems to upset some people which doesn't seem to upset me.

Yeah, I was guessing at the *’s also! BOOGER! It rolls off the tongue!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m NOT a “slobberer”, just not so consumed by hatred for Jerry that everything else is irrelevant.

Lesser QBs—Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Joe Flacco, Jim McMahon, Jim Plunkett...there’s several others I’m missing. And let’s not forget Dumbface Eli, the former first rounder who once threw 27 INTs in a single season, who wouldn’t a have a ring without an otherworldly pass rush and a freak catch by a forgotten backup WR.

As far as “taking the harder road”...who knows what that is? Do you have a list of candidates that could guarantee more success? Is there anyone that we could trade for or draft in the next couple of years that would guarantee us more than Dak? We KNOW he’s had an accuracy issue, that he’s a 4th rounder, and that his ceiling is probably lower than several other QBs, but your better solution is what, exactly?
You won't find many feasible answers to your question from the Dakaters. Some want to wait for Lawrence in 2021. If that kid takes the next step, there will be teams lined up for him the likes we've never seen and the odds of the top picker not taking him are slim. He's as real a deal as I've seen.

And the other thing few of us are considering, we really do not know his ceiling under the right circumstances. The accuracy issue Aikman speaks of is not the one I see with him. Dak's issue is consistency and on some QB 101 throws. And it's not like he and his coaches are in denial of this issue. They know what they're working on.

I am just in more wait and see posture with Prescott, Moore and Kitna but I already like the unknown of that over the known of Linehan so I'm ahead in the game.

Them

Reaction score
sad how far we ve fallen where we need other things to make us feel good.

SJ will not be different from his dad. if he was, we d see it by now.

...Stephen is definitely tighter with the cash....I think that shows!...:star:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

5 or 6 Qb’s out of 50 something is a stance you want to defend? Why? Because he wears a star on his helmet?

There’s never any guarantees but the solution to replace is like any other position. In the draft or FA.

Not sure why fans are so afraid of the unknown?

Regardless, is it really so bad to critique our own?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’d think after the last era Cowboy fans would be ready for one of the greatest QB’s in the league like we had in both of our championship eras.

We’re fixing to bite on the first glitter that arises again. Instead of depending on the draft to bring us our savior.

I hate settling for second best.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it all kinda of started when Jerry wanted to take Manziel and Stephen said no.
Of course..

But like many other decisions it was still Jerry’s final word in which he listened to advice on this one.

I was never convinced Jerry wanted to bring Romo’s heir apparent on after extending Romo’s contract the year before. I think it was more playing the press in case Johnny worked out. He didn’t want to look foolish for passing on him.