Another sign we’re close?

cern

Reaction score
And you get to work off the frustration of a bad game by murdering innocent little animals. But you've inspired me, I am going to get me a tennis racket and take on my hummingbirds.
I plant trumpet vine, lobelia, cardinal flowers, etc. Just to feed my hummingbirds. Makes for better pictures than plastic feeders.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I plant trumpet vine, lobelia, cardinal flowers, etc. Just to feed my hummingbirds. Makes for better pictures than plastic feeders.
Since I don't know what those are and do know what a hummingbird feeder is, I go that route but use the glass ones.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah, for six whole months he MIGHT have existed on an income only slightly larger than what WE live on! Imagine...

My whole point was that I seriously doubt that many Dallas beat writers worth their salt actually stress much over the possibility of offending Jerry.

I don’t hate Jerry, but many do. Many more like him, see his faults, and get a chuckle out of the nicknames and sarcastic jibes.

I'll bet your wrong that the beat writers don't think about pushing things to far to often and then get their press credentials yanked. Jones has done it and they know if it happens to them they likely will get their walking papers too. I also don't doubt that SOME of the people that like Jones MAY get a chuckle out of the nicknames and sarcastic jibes but I'll also bet that the majority don't think it's funny. Many just don't say anything about it but that doesn't mean they approve of it. As I've said before there's a HUGE difference between giving and using a derogatory nickname when it's done in a mean spirited way and when it's said jokingly. Unfortunately it's much harder to tell if it's meant jokingly or not in the written form.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think those fans are along the same lines that keep their politicians because they have clout heading up committees.

I think most fans are exactly like the fans when Murchison and Bright owned the team, they could care less. No fan, except family, cares about Booger, they care about the team they follow.

There has never been a spotlight seeker like him in sports history and that will bring some polarization because most fans don't even know what the owner of their team looks like. Hell, I rode up on the elevator with Murchison and didn't even know it back when they were located on Central Expressway.

There's no GM of any sports team in history that's been so needy of attention and the Cowboys have the same guy in both positions. I knew quite a lot of fans back in the day and the ones that left the team because of him did so because of Landry, I don't know one that has left because he owns or manages it or one that is a fan because of that.

The fact is, for me, he is completely unimportant. Not even important to the point I once took solace in losses because of his unhappiness. I could care less if he lives or drops dead today and do my best to avoid exposure to him and the ridiculous things he says just as I do the Kardashians, they just do not matter in my world.

And I don't blame him for my sagging passion for the game or team, I think that's just the passage of time and final acceptance I went overboard for a sports team. I do not feel any different if they win or lose and I consider that a good thing. Far too much time is spent on this forum about him, far more than the old DC.com and he owned that.

But I do not hate Booger. The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference and that's what I am about him. He and his family just happen to own the team I am a fan of but nowhere close to the extent in my past. If one comes to this forum, it's hard not to have to address topics about him. If he farts, someone will bring that in here for us to debate, egg or popcorn?

Here's a little history for you. Jones is not the first and only owner who was also the GM, originally so was Al Davis. Speaking of Al Davis he sought the media much more than Jones does and in baseball there was an owner that did it much much much more than Jones ever did, George Steinbrenner. If you are as indifferent to Jones as you claim to be then why would you continue to disrespect him. That's something someone who hates him would do. If you're really indifferent to him you would have just said to yourself I don't like what he did but I don't care so next.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'll bet your wrong that the beat writers don't think about pushing things to far to often and then get their press credentials yanked. Jones has done it and they know if it happens to them they likely will get their walking papers too. I also don't doubt that SOME of the people that like Jones MAY get a chuckle out of the nicknames and sarcastic jibes but I'll also bet that the majority don't think it's funny. Many just don't say anything about it but that doesn't mean they approve of it. As I've said before there's a HUGE difference between giving and using a derogatory nickname when it's done in a mean spirited way and when it's said jokingly. Unfortunately it's much harder to tell if it's meant jokingly or not in the written form.

Writers probably THINK about it, sure, and maybe a few of the small time guys are frightened by King Jerry, but most of the big timers aren’t too concerned.

I also doubt that most Cowboy fans are offended enough about “Booger” that they’ll spend so much time trying to validate their outrage.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Writers probably THINK about it, sure, and maybe a few of the small time guys are frightened by King Jerry, but most of the big timers aren’t too concerned.

I also doubt that most Cowboy fans are offended enough about “Booger” that they’ll spend so much time trying to validate their outrage.

I guess you know what all of the "big timers" think because of all the long exhausting conversations you've had with them. Most responsible adults don't engage in behavior that they know could get them fired. Second I would have let this go long ago but a funny thing happens, people just keep responding so that leads me to believe that it bothers others just as much that there are some that find it juvenile and disrespectful. It funny, not ha ha funny, that some here are spending so much time by keep saying how it's not juvenile and disrespectful.

ESisback

Reaction score
I guess you know what all of the "big timers" think because of all the long exhausting conversations you've had with them. Most responsible adults don't engage in behavior that they know could get them fired. Second I would have let this go long ago but a funny thing happens, people just keep responding so that leads me to believe that it bothers others just as much that there are some that find it juvenile and disrespectful. It funny, not ha ha funny, that some here are spending so much time by keep saying how it's not juvenile and disrespectful.

No one’s saying it’s not juvenile. They’re saying “relax, snowflake”. The big guns on the Dallas beat have said far worse than “Booger”, and they’re still working.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a little history for you. Jones is not the first and only owner who was also the GM, originally so was Al Davis. Speaking of Al Davis he sought the media much more than Jones does and in baseball there was an owner that did it much much much more than Jones ever did, George Steinbrenner. If you are as indifferent to Jones as you claim to be then why would you continue to disrespect him. That's something someone who hates him would do. If you're really indifferent to him you would have just said to yourself I don't like what he did but I don't care so next.
Are you for real with the Davis remark and I never said Booger was the only one or the first to do it, George Halas was the first and he even coached. Paul Brown did the same thing as well as his son doing it now.

You are just wrong about Davis or Steinbrenner seeking attention to the degree Booger does because they were far more reactive than proactive and Davis was twice the football man Booger will ever be. The media sought them out, with Booger it is the opposite.

I do not hate him but I do not respect him, I pity him. He's so insecure that he continually needs to try and make himself important and show off his toys and make sure everyone know how much they cost. Do you see any sports team owner doing these things?

Anyway, moot point, he is Booger and that's that. However I feel about him shouldn't mater to you or anyone else but it's made me wonder if your aren't that goofyass looking kid that's always setting behind him in the suite. Booger your Gramps, is that what this is about?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juvenile?????? Ya see, that's why I hate adults and never want to grow up.

Dayam, man, why in the hell do you care if I despise Booger or totally disrespect him? What's that to you? Are you his self-appointed defender?

Why most on here don't say it's not juvenile is that it comes from the oldest teenager on the forum and they accept that, ignore me or even put me on ignore and I don't care because I only came to play with those that want to play with me. If you've paid any attention to my posts, calling me juvenile isn't the insult you think it is. We all come here for our own reasons, I am here for the fun, just like a kid, if it's not fun, I don't want to do it.

You want to take this seriously, fine by me but don't get in my posts with that and expect me to respond. Been calling him Booger since September 21, 2009, a day after my birthday as a belated present to myself. Right after he gave me a loss on my birthday. That's almost 10 years and you have the arrogance to think you are going to get me to stop based on the juvenile and respect card? gj, you can't reason with a sick mind. Especially one that doesn't want to get well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one’s saying it’s not juvenile. They’re saying “relax, snowflake”. The big guns on the Dallas beat have said far worse than “Booger”, and they’re still working.
I don't know what the big deal is, another one here didn't like it and he used the Ignore JuJu on me but he did tell me that he was putting me on Ignore. I am still crushed and in therapy over that. It's one thing to put someone on Ignore but to tell them you are doing it, that's just mean.

Didn't mean to derail your good thread here, ES, but he's like my male dog, do not give him the toy and expect for him to give it up. I wonder if I could make him happy if I went back to his pre Booger nickname of Ole Sphincter Face after that Rob Zombie hatchet face lift started reverting on him?

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't know what the big deal is, another one here didn't like it and he used the Ignore JuJu on me but he did tell me that he was putting me on Ignore. I am still crushed and in therapy over that. It's one thing to put someone on Ignore but to tell them you are doing it, that's just mean.

Didn't mean to derail your good thread here, ES, but he's like my male dog, do not give him the toy and expect for him to give it up. I wonder if I could make him happy if I went back to his pre Booger nickname of Ole Sphincter Face after that Rob Zombie hatchet face lift started reverting on him?

Every thread gets derailed! Eventually. Hooray for the juveniles!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Are you for real with the Davis remark and I never said Booger was the only one or the first to do it, George Halas was the first and he even coached. Paul Brown did the same thing as well as his son doing it now.

You are just wrong about Davis or Steinbrenner seeking attention to the degree Booger does because they were far more reactive than proactive and Davis was twice the football man Booger will ever be. The media sought them out, with Booger it is the opposite.

I do not hate him but I do not respect him, I pity him. He's so insecure that he continually needs to try and make himself important and show off his toys and make sure everyone know how much they cost. Do you see any sports team owner doing these things?

Anyway, moot point, he is Booger and that's that. However I feel about him shouldn't mater to you or anyone else but it's made me wonder if your aren't that goofyass looking kid that's always setting behind him in the suite. Booger your Gramps, is that what this is about?

You are totally crazy. Jones doesn't have to go out looking for the media, they follow him and try their best to get some kind of statement from him. You keep saying you don't hate Jones but everything you say suggests that you are. Jones has worked hard to make the billions he has and there is less than zero wrong with being proud of his accomplishments and the things he has gotten from all that hard work. Beside of all this hatred that is coming from you I also now think you have a lot of envy and jealousy over the billions Jones has amassed.

ESisback

Reaction score
You are totally crazy. Jones doesn't have to go out looking for the media, they follow him and try their best to get some kind of statement from him. You keep saying you don't hate Jones but everything you say suggests that you are. Jones has worked hard to make the billions he has and there is less than zero wrong with being proud of his accomplishments and the things he has gotten from all that hard work. Beside of all this hatred that is coming from you I also now think you have a lot of envy and jealousy over the billions Jones has amassed.

Man, you don’t know Couch Coach AT ALL! Hatred? Envy? Jealousy? Excuse me while I chuckle. Vigorously. For several minutes. Add some eye rolling.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But there’s no denying the fact that the average fan knows more about their team. Take the Forum, I’ve learned things here that I didn’t know before. The average fan didn’t discuss player contracts or X’s and O’s in such detail before the Internet.
Yes we did. It was covered in our local newspapers, radio shows and tv broadcast . And fellow fans we’d all discuss much like we still do. We didn’t need someone anonymous on the internet to discuss with.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Man, you don’t know Couch Coach AT ALL! Hatred? Envy? Jealousy? Excuse me while I chuckle. Vigorously. For several minutes. Add some eye rolling.
Yea, this guy is like the biggest Slobbering Jerry fan I’ve seen. He’d be laughed out of Dallas. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In some ways, perhaps. What it also does is give fans snippets of information from which they draw broad conclusions.
It’s made casual mans more knowledgeable because they don’t have to make as much effort to find the info.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes we did. It was covered in our local newspapers, radio shows and tv broadcast . And fellow fans we’d all discuss much like we still do. We didn’t need someone anonymous on the internet to discuss with.

YOU did! Your FRIENDS did! But you guys aren’t “average fans”. Joe Shmoe hears more detail, via the internet.