Another typical Cowboys December?

Woods

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1838056 said:
Yea, I am a little concerned now about Home Field. Green Bay has Chicago and Detroit and I really dont see them losing to either of those teams.

We basically go 2-0 or we are taking a trip north for the NFC Championship game.:bang2:

Let's just first focus on the Panthers. A resounding win versus them will set us up nicely for the final game of the regular season. We just need to have a solid all around game versus them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimz31;1838074 said:
I don't think that we will falter this month...we did today, but like Reality said, maybe this is a good thing....maybe it will make JG rethink his gameplan....however, if Romo has another day like this and JG keeps passing, I will say that we will be lucky to make it to the Superbowl....plus, the injuries are concerning, but at least they all walked off the field for the most part. Gurode could be a killer if he tore something though.

Hopefully, we get TG back and he is 100% healthy, although I am concerned that he comes back only at 75%.

If we've lost Gurode-- wow! Words can't describe how bad that would be.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1838018 said:
Given we are 1-1 in December and if one considers the Packer game a "December" game, then clearly it isn't.

I think the Packer game was played in November, so therefore it isn't considered a December game. Generally the first rule in determining a December game is taking into account when the game was played.

Therefore we are 1-1 in December with the 1 win being a 1 point "miracle" come-from-behind win against a poor Lions team.

Armed with this new knowledge, you may want to rethink your statement.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;1838058 said:
"December collapse" is synonymous with "defensive collapse." That's not what happened today.
That is very true. Today the Defense was the only thing to smile about at all.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1838080 said:
Today's performance was beyond abysmal-- Who else is concerned about next week?

I think we can muster up enough to beat freaking Carolina. It is the last game of the year in Washington that has me nervous.:(

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
1-13 on Third Down.

15 Rushing attempts.

3 Ints.

11 1st downs.

Romo/Jason G failed this team today.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Bach;1838096 said:
I think the Packer game was played in November, so therefore it isn't considered a December game. Generally the first rule in determining a December game is taking into account when the game was played.

Therefore we are 1-1 in December with the 1 win being a 1 point "miracle" come-from-behind win against a poor Lions team.

Armed with this new knowledge, you may want to rethink your statement.

Not at all. If you look, it states December in quotations.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838067 said:
today REALLY surprised me...I thought with how we won last week we'd come out and take care of a mediocre Philly team that had nothing to play for...and we failed miserably, again

David

Same here. I was hoping we put the past behind us and were a new team with a new attitude this year. Also hoping that last weeks close call would've been our bad December game and wake up call. Guess not.

The next two weeks plus the playoffs will end up determining this teams fate, but right now, I don't see where we've turned the corner.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

{raising hand}

and the following week as well...10 straight awful quarters has show all the confidence I had in this team

David

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

We are going to see what Phillips is made of, that's for sure. I'm concerned.
I don't like our chances at Green Bay.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1838094 said:
If we've lost Gurode-- wow! Words can't describe how bad that would be.

I can think of a few, but they'd probably result in my being banned

our OL was really lousy once he went out

David

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1838142 said:
Not at all. If you look, it states December in quotations.

I would try to explain it to you, but I see you're Canadian. Carry on.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838176 said:

David

that is true, right after the Eagles were getting through up the middle constantly. Romo started to look like Bledsoe.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Hostile;1837955 said:
I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned.

On the positive side, we've been crying for the Defense to show up and they did. Too bad the Offense stunk out loud.

I agree with you Hos, when our defense did its job, it was our offense that was a non-factor today.

Reaction score
Per Jerry Jones, he thinks the injuries suffered in the game won't prohibit anyone from playing next week against Carolina, I believe that'a a little optimistic but at least he's not worried as much...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1838475 said:
Per Jerry Jones, he thinks the injuries suffered in the game won't prohibit anyone from playing next week against Carolina, I believe that'a a little optimistic but at least he's not worried as much...

He must have slept at a Holiday Inn last night. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838176 said:

David
Part of that was also that we abandoned the run and Philly just pinned their ears back and came after him. But I agree, with him in there, they couldn't touch him.