Another typical Cowboys December?

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;1837955 said:
I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned.

On the positive side, we've been crying for the Defense to show up and they did. Too bad the Offense stunk out loud.

:hammer:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bach;1838178 said:
I would try to explain it to you, but I see you're Canadian. Carry on.
When in doubt, resort to ad hominem attacks.

Parche

Reaction score
Bach;1837876 said:
So far the answer would have to be a resounding yes.

We are 1-1 on december right now.
Wait until December finishes to draw some conclusions.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Parche;1838726 said:
Nah. It's easier to make conclusions halfway through.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
1-13 on Third Down.

13-36 Passing.

15 Rushing attempts.

3 Ints.

11 1st downs.

Romo/Jason G failed this team today.

In spite of it all..this team is so talented that we could have won this game.

Parche

Reaction score
windward;1838760 said:
Genius, I might add.

I wonder, will the NE fans hate their team and start wanting to cut some head offs when they lose their first game?? Oh cmon, and thinking we´ve lost only two games...

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Parche;1838788 said:
I wonder, will the NE fans hate their team and start wanting to cut some head offs when they lose their first game?? Oh cmon, and thinking we´ve lost only two games...
If next week Tom Brady played like Tony Romo did tonight, their world would spontaneously combust.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Parche;1838726 said:

Who said I came to any final conclusions?

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Bach;1837876 said:
So far the answer would have to be a resounding yes.

i have to agree.

but if this continues....does that vindicate parcells and put it on the players? :p:

it's an odd funk for sure. i hope i goes away on saturday night.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1838752 said:
Nah, just based on one game is easier for some.

I think we struggled mightily last week too. I'll take the win, but I don't think anyone thinks for a moment that we played well. In fact, we haven't played well since the first half of the Packers game.

You can downplay it if you want, and hopefully there is nothing to it. But based on the last few years late season stumbles and our poor play the last 2 1/2 games coming down the stretch, I think it's cause for some concern.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Bach;1838852 said:
But based on the last few years late season stumbles and our poor play the last 2 1/2 games coming down the stretch, I think it's cause for some concern.
But you can't compare last few years to his year, different coaches, different scheme, different players and different opponents...etc

But hey, if you are one of those who is looking for bad results just so you could say, I told you so then more power to you.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1838867 said:
But you can't compare last few years to his year, different coaches, different scheme, different players and different opponents...etc

But hey, if you are one of those who is looking for bad results just so you could say, I told you so then more power to you.

nobody is trying to do that

but when there has been an obvious trend with our franchise for years, and then you see back to back games against mediocre teams like Detroit and Philly there are definite reasons for concern...why does it happen? I have no idea...as you said there are different coaches and some different players...yet the end result is similar...so far what we've seen is bad December football again, and normally teams that play bad in December either 1) dont make it to January or if they do 2) lose pretty quick

David

khiladi

Reaction score
Who cares how Tom Brady performs? If Tom Brady sucks in the playoffs and Tony Romo sucks in the playoffs, and they both lose, are half of you looking for excuses going to say,

"Well, Tom Brady sucked too. The Patriots are out of the playoffs, so we should be happy."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't care what took place in the past this is a new year and I'm not going to live in the past because it has nothing to do with this team. They will be judge by what they do this season not the failures of the past.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1838007 said:
People step away form the edge, Dallas is still 12-2. Anyone at the beginning of the year truly expected that?

I saw us at 12-4 at beginning of year.

NOW... I hope I was wrong. :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's great to be able to stick your head in the sand while all hell is breaking loose around you... but this team has major issues at the moment. It hasn't looked good in a couple weeks.

If they lose to Carolina, then batten down the hatches because the storm will be very intense.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1839833 said:
It's great to be able to stick your head in the sand while all hell is breaking loose around you... but this team has major issues at the moment. It hasn't looked good in a couple weeks.
I guess we all should yell "sky is falling" then and jump off the ledge.

Being concerned is one thing but to say we are one and done and we are like last few years in terms of december woes by some people are just as assine as sticking head in the sand.

We didn't lose two or three games in a row, we lost ONE game. Let's wait and see how we perform next Sunday to see if there is a trend.