CFZ Another win against a non winning team, Cowboys look to lock up 5th seed

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, Seattle had a winning record heading into the game much like the Jets did in week 2. But now they are 6-6 and with SF and Phi in next couple weeks will possibly be 6-8. Throw in Steelers in a few weeks another Playoff caliber winning record team Seahawks could easily finish 8-9 with other remaining games against Titans and Cards.

But at least it was the best team we have beaten this season . We had to come from behind to get it done. A good but not great win.

I’m not sure it was the kind of dominating performance that provides us more confidence heading into our matchup with Egirls but certainly a good performance by offense. And defense while giving up 35 did make a stop to end the game.

We are now 3 games up ( lost column) in the 5th Wild Card slot with a very slim chance of winning division. It’s very possible once the division is officially lost and with the 5th seed locked we might be able to rest our stars the last game or two heading into the playoffs.

Phi would need to lose 3 more while we win out to overtake tiebreakers which unfortunately they own . Always possible but very unlikely.

I actually think it could be to our advantage if the division is locked up early as we lock up 5th seed. It places us in a better position to rest while the top 3 division winners are playing for higher seeds.

If Egirls lose next two games which I think is possible it sets SF up for #1 seed which the way they are playing expect them to win out. Either way they will continue to compete for top seed.

Cowboys could be the most rested team heading into playoffs . An advantage that could make a difference.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this was a good win simply because it showed the players, the coaches, Jerry and even the fans that they are not as invincible at home as they believed.

As I always say, good teams find ways to win games. No asterisks. No if's or but's. Good teams find ways to win games.

Cowboys fans can call the Eagles lucky to win some of their games, but in the end, they are a good team because they found ways to win those games, just like the Cowboys did last night.

The league does not care who has the better team. The only thing that matters is scoring more points than your opponents.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this was a good win simply because it showed the players, the coaches, Jerry and even the fans that they are not as invincible at home as they believed.

As I always say, good teams find ways to win games. No asterisks. No if's or but's. Good teams find ways to win games.

Cowboys fans can call the Eagles lucky to win some of their games, but in the end, they are a good team because they found ways to win those games, just like the Cowboys did last night.

The league does not care who has the better team. The only thing that matters is scoring more points than your opponents.
Thanks for letting us enjoy the win! Many around here can't, not even for a minute. Coaches and scouts are busy right now breaking down and grading the film. I'm sure they don't know as muck as some of our fans. Lol!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, Seattle had a winning record heading into the game much like the Jets did in week 2. But now they are 6-6 and with SF and Phi in next couple weeks will possibly be 6-8. Throw in Steelers in a few weeks another Playoff caliber winning record team Seahawks could easily finish 8-9 with other remaining games against Titans and Cards.

But at least it was the best team we have beaten this season . We had to come from behind to get it done. A good but not great win.

I’m not sure it was the kind of dominating performance that provides us more confidence heading into our matchup with Egirls but certainly a good performance by offense. And defense while giving up 35 did make a stop to end the game.

We are now 3 games up ( lost column) in the 5th Wild Card slot with a very slim chance of winning division. It’s very possible once the division is officially lost and with the 5th seed locked we might be able to rest our stars the last game or two heading into the playoffs.

Phi would need to lose 3 more while we win out to overtake tiebreakers which unfortunately they own . Always possible but very unlikely.

I actually think it could be to our advantage if the division is locked up early as we lock up 5th seed. It places us in a better position to rest while the top 3 division winners are playing for higher seeds.

If Egirls lose next two games which I think is possible it sets SF up for #1 seed which the way they are playing expect them to win out. Either way they will continue to compete for top seed.

Cowboys could be the most rested team heading into playoffs . An advantage that could make a difference.
tenor.gif
Well for now if you don't mind, I am going to enjoy what was a great game by the Cowboys! :flagwave:

Trendnet

Reaction score

Agreed - do you think the Cowboys lack of wins against winning teams will sway the BCS voters and stop them from being in the playoffs?

What team do you think will take their spot based on schedule ? The Falcons?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed - do you think the Cowboys lack of wins against winning teams will sway the BCS voters and stop them from being in the playoffs?

What team do you think will take their spot based on schedule ? The Falcons?
The Cowboys appear locked into the 5th seed up 3 games with the division most likely out of reach with Egirls currently owning tiebreakers.

Creeper

Reaction score
Come on, man. Seattle is a good team, not a great team but they are tough. Look at their WRs. I admit the Cowboys OL did not play well and neither did the defense, but the Seahawks are not slouches. They beat Detroit and Cleveland. Those are two very good teams.

They have had some injuries but were healthier last night, with the exception of Walker.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The goal posts keep moving. Seattle HAD a winning record until they got beat last night. But we already had predicted this was gonna be the way people responded to a Dallas win. Had we blown them out, it would have been we dominate weak teams. We play them in a close game (like last night) and it is proof we stink when we play good teams.

Only thing that matters is wins. The Niners are so great, yet we have the same record as them. The Iggles are number 1 record in the league and if they lose this weekend we are 1 game behind.

Only 1 thing matters... get in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Come on, man. Seattle is a good team, not a great team but they are tough. Look at their WRs. I admit the Cowboys OL did not play well and neither did the defense, but the Seahawks are not slouches. They beat Detroit and Cleveland. Those are two very good teams.

They have had some injuries but were healthier last night, with the exception of Walker.
They are best team we have beat but with their remaining schedule ( SF, Phi & Pitt) likely to end up below .500 and out of playoffs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The goal posts keep moving. Seattle HAD a winning record until they got beat last night. But we already had predicted this was gonna be the way people responded to a Dallas win. Had we blown them out, it would have been we dominate weak teams. We play them in a close game (like last night) and it is proof we stink when we play good teams.

Only thing that matters is wins. The Niners are so great, yet we have the same record as them. The Iggles are number 1 record in the league and if they lose this weekend we are 1 game behind.

Only 1 thing matters... get in the playoffs.
We are going to be in the playoffs . 5th seed is all but locked up 3 games ahead with 5 to go.

We have some tougher opponents coming up. We’ll see how we do. I’d still pump the brakes on the SB Hype needing to win 3 playoff games on the road to get there .

My money is on SF or Phi.

foofighters

Reaction score

However, the Seahawks play the brand of football that usually does the Cowboys under. They play physical and hard. I'll take the win.