CFZ Another win against a non winning team, Cowboys look to lock up 5th seed

Diehardblues

Reaction score
tenor.gif
Well for now if you don't mind, I am going to enjoy what was a great game by the Cowboys! :flagwave:
I am enjoying the win but not over glorifying. It’s my nature to be a buzz killer , brutally honest or harsh critic until our goals are met.

We shouldn’t rest our laurels on this win. We have much work to do. Let’s win next week and then we can begin to hold our head even higher.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes, he’s was all those things . And it was a good win for us. But we shouldn’t be crowning ourselves after one win like this. We have more coming up.
No one crowning anyone. We’re just happy after a big win against a quality team. This game was exactly what the Cowboys needed. Dak had to come from behind to win the game. So many players on offense played so well. And then to wake up after the game to crap like this?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one crowning anyone. We’re just happy after a big win against a quality team. This game was exactly what the Cowboys needed. Dak had to come from behind to win the game. So many players on offense played so well. And then to wake up after the game to crap like this?
It’s the first thing I do when I wake up is read the morning paper . And while enjoying the win with what we did right also provide critique .

If didn’t like the noise I wouldn’t listen in. Much like I ignore the national crap on TV.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s the first thing I do when I wake up is read the morning paper . And while enjoying the win with what we did right also provide critique .

If didn’t like the noise I wouldn’t listen in. Much like I ignore the national crap on TV.
Whatever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Beating a team contributes to their "lose column."
The idea that it's ignored in favor of an argument shift is just insane.
That’s ultimately how these narratives work. While beating them no doubt contributes to their record their record at season end or currently is the basis.

These narratives are basically meaningless and like most stats can serve as ammo for the narrative.

The opposing or more positive narrative which we haven’t heard much about is the Cowboys are the first team in NFL history to begin a season winning their first 5 games at home by more than 20 points. Pretty impressive stuff but not many are pushing that narrative .

I actually posted a thread on this NFL record set by Cowboys blowouts yesterday or day before with little response.

Loso86

Reaction score
Because they have done it consistently against playoff caliber teams . Hurts has won like 13 consecutive regular season games against winning record teams .

We beat one this year and we are ready to shoot our load. All I’m saying is Pump the frikin brakes until more evidence.
No but dang bro even our fans are fickle. Say they haven't won a close game or against a winning team and we finally do and then yall keep moving the goal posts. Eagles haven't proven nothing this year except they can find a way to win just like Dallas did all night. They win by 40 oh the other team sucks, they win by 6 oh we still suck amd are unproven!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Two things as regular as the rising and setting of the sun:

1) Pregame CZ thread castigating posters for taking the next opponent “too lightly.”

2) Postgame CZ thread telling poster to “tAp tHe bReAkS” after a win.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We’re three games ahead of both Seattle and Minnesota. I’d say one more win secures the 5 seed. I’d actually be surprised if either of those teams finish better than 9-8.
and re Seattle, we are basically 4 ahead given the head to head. We have a three game lead overall and you are right, no way three teams at 5-6/6-6 win three more games than we do the rest of the way

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What’s lost on many is that Seattle played like one of the best teams in the league last night. They were fighting for their playoff lives and gave it all they could. They played well enough to beat any team last night. Philly would have been in trouble, SF would have been in trouble, KC, etc. They played out of their norm while Dallas fought through it. Make no mistake, Seattle played a lot better than a 6-5 team should have….

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sure but 3rd or 4th best team with a WC seed doesn’t warrant SB Hype for a team which hasn’t made it out of Divisional Round.

Hopefully this year we can. And when and if we do then we can begin some smack talk and shrug the monkeys off our back.

Only the players need the confidence they can go all the way. Not the fans .
Where have you been the last 50 years? Do you not understand how the media works in regards to the Cowboys? Hype if they win, bash if they lose... they win no matter which avenue they take. Stop using what happens with the media and throwing that crap onto posters in this forum. When someone in here is hyping the SB, please quote them and show me. Until then, I dont care.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can only play the teams on your schedule. Kind of hard to dictate if they will be winning teams or losing teams when you play them unless they are from the NFC east and you have played them already.

Also home vs away would seem to be a factor. Although it should not for a good to great team, Dallas clearly has a home field advantage the last couple of seasons.

Which why it would be even more important to get Home Field advantage in the playoffs. However I think the eagles pretty much have that sewed up.