CFZ Another win against a non winning team, Cowboys look to lock up 5th seed

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We are going to be in the playoffs . 5th seed is all but locked up 3 games ahead with 5 to go.

We have some tougher opponents coming up. We’ll see how we do. I’d still pump the brakes on the SB Hype needing to win 3 playoff games on the road to get there .

My money is on SF or Phi.
please, please, please tell me who is hyping the SB????/ You guys make crap up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One of the best quotes of all time.... you are what your record says you are. The Cowboys record says they are a top team in the NFL. No more subjective garbage needs to be added.
Sure but 3rd or 4th best team with a WC seed doesn’t warrant SB Hype for a team which hasn’t made it out of Divisional Round.

Hopefully this year we can. And when and if we do then we can begin some smack talk and shrug the monkeys off our back.

Only the players need the confidence they can go all the way. Not the fans .

Loso86

Reaction score
Yes, Seattle had a winning record heading into the game much like the Jets did in week 2. But now they are 6-6 and with SF and Phi in next couple weeks will possibly be 6-8. Throw in Steelers in a few weeks another Playoff caliber winning record team Seahawks could easily finish 8-9 with other remaining games against Titans and Cards.

But at least it was the best team we have beaten this season . We had to come from behind to get it done. A good but not great win.

I’m not sure it was the kind of dominating performance that provides us more confidence heading into our matchup with Egirls but certainly a good performance by offense. And defense while giving up 35 did make a stop to end the game.

We are now 3 games up ( lost column) in the 5th Wild Card slot with a very slim chance of winning division. It’s very possible once the division is officially lost and with the 5th seed locked we might be able to rest our stars the last game or two heading into the playoffs.

Phi would need to lose 3 more while we win out to overtake tiebreakers which unfortunately they own . Always possible but very unlikely.

I actually think it could be to our advantage if the division is locked up early as we lock up 5th seed. It places us in a better position to rest while the top 3 division winners are playing for higher seeds.

If Egirls lose next two games which I think is possible it sets SF up for #1 seed which the way they are playing expect them to win out. Either way they will continue to compete for top seed.

Cowboys could be the most rested team heading into playoffs . An advantage that could make a difference.
Why do we need more confidence with a tough win against a WINNING team. While playing the 3rd game in 13 days? When the eagles do it regularly and they just find ways to win because "that's what championship teams do"!?

Loso86

Reaction score
Sure but 3rd or 4th best team with a WC seed doesn’t warrant SB Hype for a team which hasn’t made it out of Divisional Round.

Hopefully this year we can. And when and if we do then we can begin some smack talk and shrug the monkeys off our back.

Only the players need the confidence they can go all the way. Not the fans .
Who's hyping the SB!?

BigD5

Reaction score
This was a good win under the circumstances. 3rd game in 12 days. Against a Seattle team that was basically playing for their season knowing the tough stretch ahead that they have

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why do we need more confidence with a tough win against a WINNING team. While playing the 3rd game in 13 days? When the eagles do it regularly and they just find ways to win because "that's what championship teams do"!?
Because they have done it consistently against playoff caliber teams . Hurts has won like 13 consecutive regular season games against winning record teams .

We beat one this year and we are ready to shoot our load. All I’m saying is Pump the frikin brakes until more evidence.

Carson

Reaction score
lol been seeing the goal post move all morning.

”this was just a quiz! Beat Philly and we will talk”

They needed to beat a winning team? They did

They wanted to see if we could come back late? They did

They wanted to see if Dak was clutch? He was

Diehardblues

Reaction score
please, please, please tell me who is hyping the SB????/ You guys make crap up.
The media, our front office . Surely you have access out there.

Shoot last week Romo kept shooting his mouth off Dallas looks like a SB team. C’mon man.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lol been seeing the goal post move all morning.

”this was just a quiz! Beat Philly and we will talk”

They needed to beat a winning team? They did

They wanted to see if we could come back late? They did

They wanted to see if Dak was clutch? He was
Yes, he’s was all those things . And it was a good win for us. But we shouldn’t be crowning ourselves after one win like this. We have more coming up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, Seattle had a winning record heading into the game much like the Jets did in week 2. But now they are 6-6 and with SF and Phi in next couple weeks will possibly be 6-8. Throw in Steelers in a few weeks another Playoff caliber winning record team Seahawks could easily finish 8-9 with other remaining games against Titans and Cards.

But at least it was the best team we have beaten this season . We had to come from behind to get it done. A good but not great win.

I’m not sure it was the kind of dominating performance that provides us more confidence heading into our matchup with Egirls but certainly a good performance by offense. And defense while giving up 35 did make a stop to end the game.

We are now 3 games up ( lost column) in the 5th Wild Card slot with a very slim chance of winning division. It’s very possible once the division is officially lost and with the 5th seed locked we might be able to rest our stars the last game or two heading into the playoffs.

Phi would need to lose 3 more while we win out to overtake tiebreakers which unfortunately they own . Always possible but very unlikely.

I actually think it could be to our advantage if the division is locked up early as we lock up 5th seed. It places us in a better position to rest while the top 3 division winners are playing for higher seeds.

If Egirls lose next two games which I think is possible it sets SF up for #1 seed which the way they are playing expect them to win out. Either way they will continue to compete for top seed.

Cowboys could be the most rested team heading into playoffs . An advantage that could make a difference.
with 5 games to go, worst case scenario we are 5th seed (most probable), best case scenario we are either a 1 or 2 seed (if philly has a mini collapse).

and you play who is on your schedule with one goal to win that game.

I am also opposed to resting players for a game (unless there are injuries). I think players should go through preparations as they do each week, so they keep routine, but if we want to pull them from the game earlier, then that's fine. I think the timing, cadence and routines break with too much rest and then it will take time to get it back, and in playoffs you don't have time

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Beating a team contributes to their "lose column."
The idea that it's ignored in favor of a argument shift is just insane.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I told you the yahoos would say they still haven’t beaten a winning team. So predictable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't beat a team with a winning record

The Cowboys beat a team with a winning record.

Well, they haven't beat a good team with a winning record

When does this stale and idiotic narrative end?
It begins to end when we beat the higher echelon teams.

And ultimately in the playoffs.

Have to beat the best if you want to be considered one of the best.