Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Levis was there at 1, Hooker at 2.
Doesn’t make football sense to do it. Dak is under contract for two years. His cap hit is so big in a few years they will probably extend him to stretch out some but let’s pretend like cap hits don’t exist. With Daks contract on the book for two years you waste two years of Levi’s and Hookers cheap contract years. Then they only have two years left.

The smartest route in replacing a QB is getting them in the first round and with a 5 year option.

But most importantly….they both aren’t very good quarterbacks and wouldn’t even beat out Rush for QB2 let alone QB1

csirl

Reaction score
When will the Cowboys QB phobia stop? Will we draft a QB in the mid rounds today?

Had 2 chances to get one of the 4 elite rated prospects this year - could have used our 1st pick or traded up to early in the 2nd.

Ironically, our kryptonite Aaron Rodgers is being replaced by a QB we could have drafted without giving up much in draft capital.

Its not just about Dak. We have the weakest QB room in the NFL. As well as he played, I dont rate Rush as more than a solid 3rd stringer.

We have a talented overall roster good enough to win the SB..........but have no strength or depth a QB. I like the players we drafted, but will any improve the team more than adding an elite QB?

P.s. dont give me the 'first round QBs dont always work out' line. You have to try.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They resigned rush to a true backup QB deal, Dak you can't get off the roster if you wanted to until next offseason, and the Cowboys don't have a history of carrying 3 QBs on the roster. I thought MAYBE Hooker would have had a chance if he fall all the way to the Cowboys in the 2nd round, but the most likely scenario is the Cowboys drafting a QB late that they can hide on the practice squad.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
When will the Cowboys QB phobia stop? Will we draft a QB in the mid rounds today?

Had 2 chances to get one of the 4 elite rated prospects this year - could have used our 1st pick or traded up to early in the 2nd.

Ironically, our kryptonite Aaron Rodgers is being replaced by a QB we could have drafted without giving up much in draft capital.

Its not just about Dak. We have the weakest QB room in the NFL. As well as he played, I dont rate Rush as more than a solid 3rd stringer.

We have a talented overall roster good enough to win the SB..........but have no strength or depth a QB. I like the players we drafted, but will any improve the team more than adding an elite QB?

P.s. dont give me the 'first round QBs dont always work out' line. You have to try.

Depending on what happens this season, I could see a QB being taken next year round 1.

csirl

Reaction score
Daks contract is a red herring. Its money that has already been wasted/spent. We cant get it back.

If a rookie QB comes in and out performs Dak, he should start and Dak can sit on the bench until we can afford to cut him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

We have very strong QB room. Its a strength of the team. We could use a developmental guy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I blame it on Garrett, because he sucked....