Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Levis was there at 1, Hooker at 2.
Nahhh.... neither were good enough to warrant the shoot-storm that drafting them would have created.

That said, I probably would have taken one that had a couple of elite traits, early day 3 or so. Late enuff where it wouldn't raide an eyebrow or tick Dak off, but perhaps a slow statue QB with a rocket arm (those type of guys tend to fall these days), and just hope you "strike it rich". Not sure where Jarren Hall went, but he would have been a low risk lotto ticket

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We were never changing QB's this season.

Are some people trying to say the draft room should have picked Dak's understudy for 2024/2025?

Because that would make more sense than these posts I'm seeing where Dak is like 13th or 14th best QB in the league and some rookie drafted in the 1st or 2nd this year was gonna waltz into camp and take the starter's job away from him.

Like it or not, its Dak's job for at least one more season. The only way he loses the job in the 2024 season and gets the last year of his contract voided is if he really stinks up the place.

61 career wins vs 36 losses and how many times were were all SCREAMING during many of those losses for the defense to get a stop with the lead in the 4th and watching them give it away?

The QB gets too much of the credit when the team wins and too much of the blame when the team loses. The fact is we wouldn't have even SNIFFED the playoffs last year if the defense hadn't gotten better in a hurry, especially when Dak was out.

Now that Kellen Moore is gone, and McCarthy is calling the plays again [from what I've heard], we'll have to see if this helps or hurts Dak out there. Moore couldn't seem to change up what we were doing enough once the other teams had enough film to scheme it. Dak's not out there calling his own plays; a lot of times the success or defeat in a game rests on who's punching the QB's #'s on the sideline and telling him what to execute.
these people live in fantasy lala land. some even said, they hope dallas has 2-15 record several years in a row and they take a QB each year. not sure about that logic. the stupidity is abundant in these neighborhood