Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

morat1959

Reaction score
made up nonsense. we could discuss predictors and correlation but since you started with EZ Bake stats irst I won't hold my breath.
Lol…it is what it is. You can’t spin it. Makes you mad when you can’t defend the #s. All you Dak lovers are the same. Clueless! Never stepped on a field in your life.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in Lexington KY. I watch UK football every Saturday that it's on. That said, I got my fair share of watching Levis. Honestly, I'm surprised he got drafted when he did. He wasn't that great at UK. His last year at UK, he was a turnover machine.
The draft isn't about how you played last year. It's about how your game projects to the NFL. A year ago people thought he would be the first pick in the draft. There are reasons he didn't look as good last year. It doesn't take away from what most think he can do on Sundays.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Lol…it is what it is. You can’t spin it. Makes you mad when you can’t defend the #s. All you Dak lovers are the same. Clueless! Never stepped on a field in your life.
So you think that he has never won a Super Bowl in X years is good evidence that he will never win a Super Bowl.

I don't need to speak to that. The ignorance speaks for itself.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Fixed it for ya​

I am just like where is the curiosity. There is a lot of unknown and lots of good reason to pay attention to minicamp and the preseason.

The games actually should be good. Rush and Grier have been with the club for a couple years and the backup offenses will have a shot. Guys like Waletzko, Farniok, Edoga, Tolbert, Gallup, Davis and all the rookies are going to be must see TV IMO.

Defense is stacked front 7. Fowler, Gallimore, and Bohanna are on your third string line. Clark, Overshown, Cox, and Harper are going to play a lot. Guys like Osa and Golston are going to be rounding into form here in year 3. We're 4 deep at least at S and corner.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, you know what is best. Continue to knock yer head against a wall hoping that our JAG Dak will finally become a mature QB at critical times in the playoffs.
Go watch the last play of our 2021 season.
Now go watch the last play of our 2022 season.

Happy? By all means, continue spending your time hoping Dak will blossom into a QB who can think while he plays.
:banghead:
who is knocking thier head against a wall....ad if Dak is a JAG, then so are about 15 others who are about the same and not elite. according to you and your cult, only Elite QB can win superbowl. like I said, then lets just not have a season. decide who is elite and let those teams play a round robin for championship.

every other team outside of 3 who have elite QBs, deal with less than perfect QBs. somehow they manage....yet you can't fathom how its done...its way above your level of understanding.

p.s. if you understood football, you would know we lost the game in 2021 way before that last play. but I got ya. you have to have something to pick on...because you do.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, you know what is best. Continue to knock yer head against a wall hoping that our JAG Dak will finally become a mature QB at critical times in the playoffs.
Go watch the last play of our 2021 season.
Now go watch the last play of our 2022 season.

Happy? By all means, continue spending your time hoping Dak will blossom into a QB who can think while he plays.
:banghead:
You make me miss the radio show schtick.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here is my plain and simple non understanding of football:

The Dallas Cowboys last drafted a QB by the name of Carter in the second round quite a long time ago.
Since then the allocation of draft capital to the most important position in football was for names like McGee, White. DInucci, Rush and to include their last 15 years' QB success stories of UDFA Tony Romo and 4th rd Dak Prescott.
Is that your go to plan for team building at the Qb position?
Getting lucky with a UDFA or 4th rounder?
Tell me you are a true fan and not settle for what this already past his peak Qb can deliver in the post season.
Instead of at least trying by investing more than a 4th rd pick on the most important position on the team.
Ya think maybe even attempting a little higher pedigreed pick might possibly yield something better than a Trubisky?
OR is the risk of missing on something better rather than staying pat the goal to this team building?
the cowboys had Aikman. lucky us. every team wants that elite HOF potential QB. however, there is no QB fruit tree to pick them from. when AIkman was gone, we went with Jerry's favorite pick Carter. Those were the dark ages of drafting..... or lest you forget the three 5-11 seasons you wished for....

then we got Romo, developed him and went with Bledsoe until he got replaced. then we found Dak..

with Romo and Dak the team has been competitive. haven't made it to the top yet, but trying....and don't forget Jerry wanted to Pick Manziel with the 16th pick.... or did you forget. did we get lucky? or would that pick make you happy. Jerry wanted to trade up and take Lynch in the first round. or did you forget? did we get lucky or would that make you happy?

right now, outside of three teams, the rest are in the same boat, with about 10 teams, competitive and having QBs that need help. ALL OF THEM. NONE OF THEM ARE PERFECT.

so you want a team that went 12-5 to invest in a first round QB, lets reach for a player so that about 1.5% of fandom on CZ becomes happy because none of them can put a name on paper and declare who the elite QB is in this draft or previous ones, but they all pout, lay on the ground, hold their breath until they turn blue and scream "I want a Elite QB, I want an elite QB...waahh waahh"....

idiots even saying lets suck for 4 or 5 years in a row and draft a QB each year. the shear stupidity of that thought process is just mind boggling.

teams have gone and won superbowls with less than Elite QBs. its been done. its doable. I know its hard for you to understand. but trust me, go look at the teams that have been to the superbowl.... yes, having an Elite QB helps. but again, what are you going to do if you don't have one.

now, tell me again who is the Elite QB in 2023 draft you wanted, we could have had and didn't take. put your name next to him. show some balls. I will save the post and revisit in a few years. either I eat crow or you do. who is the Elite QB in 2022 you wanted and we could have had and didn't take. you have had a year to watch them. put your name next to them. like I said, either I eat crow or you do.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How can you call yourself a Cowboys fan when you don’t even show up here after wins? You were a no-show after the playoff win over Tampa but were right back to your agenda here after the loss to San Francisco. It was like that all season with you. That’s not normal fan behavior. You should just stay on the board of the team you’re a fan of and stop trolling here looking for attention. You don’t post about anything else but Dak. It’s nothing but Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak and more Dak!
@PAPPYDOG doesn't show after wins, first because he is a troll, second because he rather see cowboys lose, he is part of the Bash Dak over Dallas cult. and lastly, he is crying curled up on the floor.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How you gonna do it? A 4th round pick?

Might not be the worst idea but how often do 4th Round QBs make it? You already have one. The other guy is Kirk Cousins.

Or would you rather just go after the best QB available with your first pick?

Sorry, not gonna happen. Dak is capable. He just gets ansy. And ya know... His contract.

I understand your frustration but it's not the right time.
really. a team that went to second round of playoffs. lost in the 4th quarter. should draft a QB in the first round, instead of, I don't fix the dang run defense or get a top notch TE, nahh, just draft a QB, so to make you and about 1.5% of the fans on CZ happy. lets just reach for someone....I don't know if he is better than what we have, but man dang I feel good. right?

you are a child. or maybe a TMZ fan.....one or the other.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You missed the point entirely. Finding an elite quarterback does not just happen. You need to take multiple stabs at it.

We’ve seen plenty of top 5 picks fail. We have also seen Tom Brady fall to the 6th, Aaron Rodgers fall to the second.

Maybe Levis is that guy. Maybe not. Take another stab next year.

I’m reminded of the fact that you can’t win the lottery if you never buy a ticket.

This isn’t anti- Dak. It’s necessary to take a stab at a QB every year.
slight correction. rodgers was a first round pick. fell to the 20s. but your point still stands. lets not forget many on this board, didn't think Mahomes was going to translate to NFL. in fact he was the second QB taken. some here argued vehemently for other QBs, some of whom didn't make it out of training camp!!

go figure

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i
Daks last year in Dallas, he was a turnover machine.

Your point?
magine with a turnover machine, we went 12-5. last year was atypical year for him....what are you going to say if he doesn't have a lot of turnovers this year? or we just going based on "last" year of play? or at the end of the year you are going to point to 2022....forever.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I agree, but do you really think Jerry is going to do ANYTHING that would in the slightest bit bring controversy to an already mediocre but mega-rich QB, thereby suggesting that Jerry made a mistake?
Exactly.

Jerry’s done wildcatting. He’s got his yacht, his team and his tenure. He’s surfing into his sunset watching young aggressive front offices jockey for success, never really minding the dust that collects on distant Super Bowl trophies.