Anthony Brown continues to improve

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Granted game was over but I continue to see better play out of him and loved seeing him cap this game off with a int for TD and loved the reaction he got from Dak as he came back to the sidelines.

Before the pick 6, it was probably Browns worst game. That was a gimme pick anyone could have made and he finally actually made it after dropping some easy ones. Give him credit for the pick, but his play before that was terrible.

Including the PI in the endzone that was laughably not called.

What you are seeing improve is the Cowboys pass rush and defense overall.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If Brown would sometimes, just sometimes look back to see where the ball is, I think he would have more interceptions. Maybe that's how he plays. The INT was the QB's fault. I am not saying that Brown is not good, he is a physical db. Look back to see where the ball is....just sometimes. He would probably have fewer penalties to boot.

Blake

Reaction score
If he can do that when the game isn't already won, then I'll buy in.

People talk about garbage time pass yards for QBs. That was a garbage time pick six.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Before the pick 6, it was probably Browns worst game. That was a gimme pick anyone could have made and he finally actually made it after dropping some easy ones. Give him credit for the pick, but his play before that was terrible.

Including the PI in the endzone that was laughably not called.

What you are seeing improve is the Cowboys pass rush and defense overall.
Because it wasn't pass interference.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
For all the crap Brown takes on this forum, it was good to see him with a pick 6 yesterday.....the guy is a sixth round selection folks, if you're getting quality starts from a sixth round pick, you're doing OK......but now with Jaylon Smith gone, I'm sure Brown will be the new whipping boy for the forum going forward when there's a reception on his side of the field

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Granted game was over but I continue to see better play out of him and loved seeing him cap this game off with a int for TD and loved the reaction he got from Dak as he came back to the sidelines.

Seems pretty clear he's improving. He still can't seen to turn toward the ball when his back is to the QB, he's making plays and one of the better tacklers. The constant bashing is unwarranted, he's been playing well.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
For all the crap Brown takes on this forum, it was good to see him with a pick 6 yesterday.....the guy is a sixth round selection folks, if you're getting quality starts from a sixth round pick, you're doing OK......but now with Jaylon Smith gone, I'm sure Brown will be the new whipping boy for the forum going forward when there's a reception on his side of the field
That wasn't a light jog to get to the end zone either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because it wasn't pass interference.

LOL................here we go again. LOL

I'm not debating this again. But I will say it was 100% blatant PI. Either way, Brown was getting torched all night long like he usually does.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Brown would sometimes, just sometimes look back to see where the ball is, I think he would have more interceptions. Maybe that's how he plays. The INT was the QB's fault. I am not saying that Brown is not good, he is a physical db. Look back to see where the ball is....just sometimes. He would probably have fewer penalties to boot.

I think seeing Diggs being aggressive and going for balls is factoring into it. Past season Brown does not jump the rout he stays back and makes tackle. I'm just seeing more aggressiveness coming from Brown and wonder if the Diggs effect is showing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Seems pretty clear he's improving. He still can't seen to turn toward the ball when his back is to the QB, he's making plays and one of the better tacklers. The constant bashing is unwarranted, he's been playing well.

He is NOT improving. Everyone knows he is the weakest link on defense. Why do you think they pick on him all game long?

He has terrible awareness and ball skills. No fluidity to his game. Cant cover.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL................here we go again. LOL

I'm not debating this again. But I will say it was 100% blatant PI. Either way, Brown was getting torched all night long like he usually does.
It wasn't and that's why they didn't call it. Their feet got tangled, but you somehow saw Brown push him over. Whatever. Good idea not getting into again. Only to repeat yourself.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He is NOT improving. Everyone knows he is the weakest link on defense. Why do you think they pick on him all game long?

He has terrible awareness and ball skills. No fluidity to his game. Cant cover.
False. You don't speak for everyone, you have a hard enough time doing it for you.
Brown in game 1 is significantly better than week 5.

conner01

Reaction score
Fans think you have super stars or busts
But reality is most of your team are just good players
Not elite but good
And brown is a good player
Brown is also the guy who is about to get targeted a whole lot more because OC are gonna start going away from diggs

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fans think you have super stars or busts
But reality is most of your team are just good players
Not elite but good
And brown is a good player
Brown is also the guy who is about to get targeted a whole lot more because OC are gonna start going away from diggs
He already has been targeted more, but for some reason Diggs is STILL getting picks in week 5.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think most everyone would agree that Brady beat Brown like a step child in game 1 but since that game Brown has started playing better ball with 6 passes defended and 2 ints. I'm more than willing to be critical of bad play but just as willing to give credit when I see a player playing good ball.