Anthony Brown continues to improve

quickccc

Reaction score
For all the crap Brown takes on this forum, it was good to see him with a pick 6 yesterday.....the guy is a sixth round selection folks, if you're getting quality starts from a sixth round pick, you're doing OK......but now with Jaylon Smith gone, I'm sure Brown will be the new whipping boy for the forum going forward when there's a reception on his side of the field

i'm glad for him and the pick 6,.. all coaches can ask is if you to make some plays,
ditto for the underthrown INT pass vs Eagles.

He'll have his battles, he will lose some, he'll be spun around and toasted, (just as he was vs Bucs, Carolina) - especially against the better QBs and offenses

He's really more suited to the 3rd CB, slot role than he is outside,.. but we're not determined to go a different route with a rookie Wright.
And we certainly do not want Lewis on the outside.

I don't look for Joseph to challenge with Brown this year with KJ very likely to miss half the season with that groin injury.
He'll be more next year's plan.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think most everyone would agree that Brady beat Brown like a step child in game 1 but since that game Brown has started playing better ball with 6 passes defended and 2 ints. I'm more than willing to be critical of bad play but just as willing to give credit when I see a player playing good ball.
Yep, that's what I've seen. Game one was rough. He improved. It's nice that it didn't prevent him from improving.

Then Joseph needs to get back to practice and show he deserves to be out there playing. Brown is facing the bullets, Joseph has yet to be put to the test. I want to see Joseph out there but he needs to earn it as well.
I just hope it's not like the Canady hype.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think most everyone would agree that Brady beat Brown like a step child in game 1 but since that game Brown has started playing better ball with 6 passes defended and 2 ints. I'm more than willing to be critical of bad play but just as willing to give credit when I see a player playing good ball.

That was his worst game for sure. It also happened to be against the GOAT and a top 5 WR who in his 30s is still one of the fastest men on the field.

Brown isn't a Pro Bowler and I'd love to get Joseph back, but he's showing up play after play and seems to have a short memory.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If Brown would sometimes, just sometimes look back to see where the ball is, I think he would have more interceptions. Maybe that's how he plays. The INT was the QB's fault. I am not saying that Brown is not good, he is a physical db. Look back to see where the ball is....just sometimes. He would probably have fewer penalties to boot.

In his rookie he was playing the ball and knocking it away. After that he never turned around to play the ball. I'm guessing he was coached incorrectly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
False. You don't speak for everyone, you have a hard enough time doing it for you.
Brown in game 1 is significantly better than week 5.

Not sure why homers feel the need to defend the worst players. Brown is terrible. No other way to see it. Brown against the Bucs was good you are saying? :huh:

And to think you watch Diggs every week and dont even know what good CB play actually looks like.

And no I dont speak for blind homers. That would be pathetic.

-Garrett isnt that bad, Heath is good, Jaylon is playing better, yada yada yada. All you guys were all dead wrong and you are now. By next year the latest Brown will either be on the bench or gone. If not at some point this year.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Not sure why homers feel the need to defend the worst players. Brown is terrible. No other way to see it. Brown against the Bucs was good you are saying? :huh:

And to think you watch Diggs every week and dont even know what good CB play actually looks like.

And no I dont speak for blind homers. That would be pathetic.

-Garrett isnt that bad, Heath is good, Jaylon is playing better, yada yada yada. All you guys were all dead wrong and you are now. By next year the latest Brown will either be on the bench or gone. If not at some point this year.

Brown is playing like a number 3 or 4 who is forced to start. I hope that by Thanksgiving he's playing nickel and splitting time with Jourdan Lewis.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That was his worst game for sure. It also happened to be against the GOAT and a top 5 WR who in his 30s is still one of the fastest men on the field.

Brown isn't a Pro Bowler and I'd love to get Joseph back, but he's showing up play after play and seems to have a short memory.

What I expect from Brown is too hold his own, I don't expect him to play like Diggs just to play good solid ball and not be a liability or an easy target. Since the Tampa game he has played well including the game against Herbert, he gave up some catches but never got toasted like he did vs Tampa. Game vs Carolina managed 3 break ups. I don't see him playing to a pro bowl level but again I need him to go out and hold his own.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
What I expect from Brown is too hold his own, I don't expect him to play like Diggs just to play good solid ball and not be a liability or an easy target. Since the Tampa game he has played well including the game against Herbert, he gave up some catches but never got toasted like he did vs Tampa. Game vs Carolina managed 3 break ups. I don't see him playing to a pro bowl level but again I need him to go out and hold his own.

He's doing his part, that's for sure. And he knows week in and week out he's the guy they're going to target - his job is not to let that give away the game. So long as he continues to tackle well and not give up the over-the-top play, we'll be ok.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He's doing his part, that's for sure. And he knows week in and week out he's the guy they're going to target - his job is not to let that give away the game. So long as he continues to tackle well and not give up the over-the-top play, we'll be ok.

I would add to even make plays on the ball at times. In Carolina game he has one in his hands that could have easily gone for a pick 6 but dropped it. I hope when he has good position on the play and has help over the top, then be aggressive and try to work back to the ball knowing that if you miss it you have a teammate behind you to make the tackle.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I would add to even make plays on the ball at times. In Carolina game he has one in his hands that could have easily gone for a pick 6 but dropped it. I hope when he has good position on the play and has help over the top, then be aggressive and try to work back to the ball knowing that is you miss it you have a teammate behind you to make the tackle.

I've been a fan of Brown's since his rookie year. He made some big plays that first year. He isn't afraid to play the ball when he has position, he's fast, and he's a smart player. He's a great value and veteran who costs <$6m/year at an important position and while he isn't Diggs, he makes interceptions.

I personally think he'll get another couple this year.

I'm all for guys like Brown. He wasn't supposed to be the full time starter, but he's doing his job generally pretty well. Yes, he'll get picked on by great teams and give some plays up, but he's stingy in the redzone, can run and can tackle. Good contract and good re-sign by the front office.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Granted game was over but I continue to see better play out of him and loved seeing him cap this game off with a int for TD and loved the reaction he got from Dak as he came back to the sidelines.

2-3 weeks ago people wanted to hang him. Threads about how we would never go gar with him starting. Things change quickly around here.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
2-3 weeks ago people wanted to hang him. Threads about how we would never go gar with him starting. Things change quickly around here.

I think it was pretty commonly accepted that judging him by the TB game was very unfair.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
commonly accepted????? no, not really. Not by what was written in this forum,.

That's fair, I haven't been active that much other than the last 3 weeks or so. But the twitter verse that i read at least was a bit more forgiving.

It's not like many people have been successful against TB12 to AB

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Then Joseph needs to get back to practice and show he deserves to be out there playing. Brown is facing the bullets, Joseph has yet to be put to the test. I want to see Joseph out there but he needs to earn it as well.

We have given the 2nd most passing yards in the nfl. And trevon aint giving up the yards. Ab getting cooked weekly. If bossman aint the answer we got problems