Anthony Brown continues to improve

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
LOL................here we go again. LOL

I'm not debating this again. But I will say it was 100% blatant PI. Either way, Brown was getting torched all night long like he usually does.
You are probably the only guy in the forum who is harping on PI on that call, the commentators ( one of them is HOF QB) the NFL playback admin, and several others in this forum have tried to explain it to you but you go on .. on. And onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2-3 weeks ago people wanted to hang him. Threads about how we would never go gar with him starting. Things change quickly around here.

Once a player is in the dog house some will never let him out. Myself I will be critical of bad plays and always be willing to credit a guy for playing good. Not that hard to do and anyone who has played sports at all know you don't win all your match ups so as a player all you can do is try to learn from it, dust yourself off and get back into the fight. Brown to me looks like a guy playing with a bit more confidence (not based on the clip I showed) than he has in recent times. Maybe it has a lot to do with Quinn and Harris coaching him up.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
A rookie who hasnt even flashed cooked ab yesterday thats all im sayin. The pick 6 at the end of the game was nice and all but it doesnt hide that fact

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We have given the 2nd most passing yards in the nfl. And trevon aint giving up the yards. Ab getting cooked weekly. If bossman aint the answer we got problems

I don't care about yards I care about points. no one wins games based on yards if they did this team would have more SB. I would also add in the last 3 games much of the yards are coming in garbage time. As for Joseph I want to see him on active roster and playing in the games after all that is why we drafted him but as of yet he has been unable. Cowboys sitting at 4-1 and Brown has contributed to it.

Reactions: G2

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't care about yards I care about points. no one wins games based on yards if they did this team would have more SB. I would also add in the last 3 games much of the yards are coming in garbage time. As for Joseph I want to see him on active roster and playing in the games after all that is why we drafted him but as of yet he has been unable. Cowboys sitting at 4-1 and Brown has contributed to it.
Brown is the weak link in the secondary and like i said gettin cooked weekly. I like him but we need to improve at the spot

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I never once said Brown as all pro but claiming he is costing us? costing us what? we play in zone quite a bit so many catches will be made but in man coverage Brown has done a decent job outside of the Bucs game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I never once said Brown as all pro but claiming he is costing us? costing us what? we play in zone quite a bit so many catches will be made but in man coverage Brown has done a decent job outside of the Bucs game.
That's what people don't understand, especially when we play prevent. In the past, we got torched. But recently they're giving up yards but not many points. The opposing offense kills the clock for us. Which is the intention.

slick325

Reaction score
One thing I will give the kid is that he is resilient. He keeps battling and battling. He is definitely a serviceable player. He has proven he belongs in this League.

That being said, I want to see Kelvin Joseph get some much needed reps in practice and in games. I really think his ball skills will leave fans wondering how Dallas landed both him and Diggs in Round 2 of their drafts. Hope he gets back healthy soon. He needs reps and this team needs him to flash.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before the pick 6, it was probably Browns worst game. That was a gimme pick anyone could have made and he finally actually made it after dropping some easy ones. Give him credit for the pick, but his play before that was terrible.

Including the PI in the endzone that was laughably not called.

What you are seeing improve is the Cowboys pass rush and defense overall.
So you could have made that play??? I'd like to see that film!! Lol

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess some missed Diggs being burnt. Outside of the interception, he also had a few rough plays. Stop picking out players to bash, due to your own inabilities.

Diggs is a stud and he will continue to get better. Brown has been better, but he needs to look for the ball. Bossman may be better than both. I'm just saying.

conner01

Reaction score
He already has been targeted more, but for some reason Diggs is STILL getting picks in week 5.
Diggs is so good at setting up the QB
He makes it look like his guy is open but closes so fast and catches everything

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One thing I will give the kid is that he is resilient. He keeps battling and battling. He is definitely a serviceable player. He has proven he belongs in this League.

That being said, I want to see Kelvin Joseph get some much needed reps in practice and in games. I really think his ball skills will leave fans wondering how Dallas landed both him and Diggs in Round 2 of their drafts. Hope he gets back healthy soon. He needs reps and this team needs him to flash.

I agree but would add Brown is affording the Cowboys the time to allow Joseph to come back at 100% and give him time to work within the defense at practice.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anthony is the weak link of the secondary. He needs to step up his game or be replaced in the offseason.

Cebrin

Reaction score
If Brown would sometimes, just sometimes look back to see where the ball is, I think he would have more interceptions. Maybe that's how he plays. The INT was the QB's fault. I am not saying that Brown is not good, he is a physical db. Look back to see where the ball is....just sometimes. He would probably have fewer penalties to boot.
My biggest peeve with him is this. He's not always out of place, he just never looks for the ball. It's frustrating.

btcutter

Reaction score
Before the pick 6, it was probably Browns worst game. That was a gimme pick anyone could have made and he finally actually made it after dropping some easy ones. Give him credit for the pick, but his play before that was terrible.

Including the PI in the endzone that was laughably not called.

What you are seeing improve is the Cowboys pass rush and defense overall.

Shouldn't be a PI. WR slipped not tackled.
Brown was a 6th round pick who earned a second contract. That's already a homerun pick.

Brown is benefitting from better passrush (which DB wouldn't) and QB afraid to throw to Diggs side so has to force throws to other side. Good for Brown.