Anthony Brown on new staff: “It’s a totally different environment. like a breath of fresh air”

MikeB80

Reaction score
October 11th just might be like the old days when the giants come to town.

This team had better not be 1-3 or 2-2 at that point or the focus will be on the players or the management and not the guy calling plays on offense on the other side of the field.

NY plays Pittsburgh, At Chicago, San Francisco, at LA then at Dallas

Dallas plays at LA, Atlanta, At Seattle, Cleveland then New York at Home.

if things go wrong for the giants on defense again they could roll in here 0-4!

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I won’t enjoy it. I just expect it.

You’ll notice I don’t start the smack talk about the issues in Dallas. I’m glad most fans are excited again about the direction of the team. That’s sort of the point of being a fan. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to pretend we don’t go through the exact same motions every offseason when it comes to the players saying things to get fans excited and how fans react to those platitudes depending on whether or not they like the HC or the QB.

Changing coaches wasn’t really the right move at all. I agree that we couldn’t extend Garrett after failing to qualify a good team for the post season last season, but I’m only interested in removing the obstacles to a championship in Dallas. And those obstacles have t been coaching. You think they have been, and that’s your prerogative. But I think you’re fooling yourself. We’re dead in the water and people are clapping about rearranging the deck chairs and calling it progress. It’s not.
this is about as good as its going to get unless jerry sells the team jerry is a big problem and has been but garrett was also a problem he just couldnt get the team over the hump there fore he is gone if big mike cant get them over the hump it will be rinse and repeat

Aven8

Reaction score
My bet is what he means is they would come over after a series and say, “why don’t we try this? Why don’t we try that?” They would then fire back and say, “trust the process.”.................:cool:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
blah , blah, blah..... go 12-4 and this will matter. Go 9-7 and who gives a crap about how much you love the new environment. Go 6-6 after 12 and watch how quickly calls for good ol big mac to be fired.
I’m really sorry someone pissed in your cereal.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I call it BS .they could have expressed themselves before ...as much we blame coaches players should have self responsibilities too..grantee ... Mike Mccarthy out they will say the same thing

The Natural

Reaction score
I call it BS .they could have expressed themselves before ...as much we blame coaches players should have self responsibilities too..grantee ... Mike Mccarthy out they will say the same thing
So you are going to call BS on the guy who is actually in the locker room lol

Jfconrow

Reaction score
You mean non of that Garrett on Martelous Bennett, you’ve got to keep your foot on his throat, or who was that RB they fired for not wearing the right clothes on a plane

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is about as good as its going to get unless jerry sells the team jerry is a big problem and has been but garrett was also a problem he just couldnt get the team over the hump there fore he is gone if big mike cant get them over the hump it will be rinse and repeat

Lot of rinsing and repeating the last 25 years.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You mean non of that Garrett on Martelous Bennett, you’ve got to keep your foot on his throat, or who was that RB they fired for not wearing the right clothes on a plane
They cut Christine Michael and Corey White for dress code violations.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The difference is JG and other teams coaches as well,all want the players to just do as they are told. They have no say because the coaches
know all and dont need the players to tell them anything.
What brown is saying is now they have some input into what they will be doing, coaches are listening to them. It could make a huge difference.
Under JG ad libs, even when it worked were frowned upon, just like the time Randall jumped over the goal line extending the ball and he scored,
but got chewed out for doing that.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You guys who think Garrett was the entirety of the problem must think Jerry's a hell of a GM when it comes to talent acquisition and evaluation.

I tend to lean that that there was some good and some bad and it simply wasn't good enough. Which is fine without having to throw dirt on the grave of the dude's tenure.

Garrett certainly wasn't the solution. And if your not the solution you become the problem. Garrett had all the power and authority to make proper changes to the team and to improve it. But he was too stubborn and stuck in his ways. Thus the players are now speaking out about it and how "refreshing" the new coaches are compared to the old regime.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You guys who think Garrett was the entirety of the problem must think Jerry's a hell of a GM when it comes to talent acquisition and evaluation.

I tend to lean that that there was some good and some bad and it simply wasn't good enough. Which is fine without having to throw dirt on the grave of the dude's tenure.

name one poster that thought Garrett was the entire problem? Stop defending your hero.

There are daily threads damning dak, zeke, the defense, safeties, etc.....etc....

stop with the baseless rants.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what they said and quotes that this seem to confirm it.

I can't wait to see what they do with Smith, Lawrence and Griffen. If the idea is to mold what they are doing to fit their players, then Nolan has to figure out how to get all three of these players on the field a lot.

I've read that they have been working on lineups that feature all three on the field together.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I won’t enjoy it. I just expect it.

You’ll notice I don’t start the smack talk about the issues in Dallas. I’m glad most fans are excited again about the direction of the team. That’s sort of the point of being a fan. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to pretend we don’t go through the exact same motions every offseason when it comes to the players saying things to get fans excited and how fans react to those platitudes depending on whether or not they like the HC or the QB.

Changing coaches wasn’t really the right move at all. I agree that we couldn’t extend Garrett after failing to qualify a good team for the post season last season, but I’m only interested in removing the obstacles to a championship in Dallas. And those obstacles have t been coaching. You think they have been, and that’s your prerogative. But I think you’re fooling yourself. We’re dead in the water and people are clapping about rearranging the deck chairs and calling it progress. It’s not.

:lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

If MM doesn’t win it will be his fault and no one else’s.

your poor lover Garrett.....always the victim in your heart. :lmao2::lmao2:

so I guess your laughable prediction that teams would be lining up to hire Garrett was dead wrong too eh?

all he could find was an oc job for the giants? Ouch!! Have you gotten over it yet? :clap::clap:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This sounds more like what we always heard about Garrett not being able to relate to most of his players. Add that to Richard screaming at everyone all the time and, well, not too hard to imagine how it's refreshing.
Let's not forget about Mr. Marinelli and him taking Trystan Hill under his wing..

then releasing him from his "personal contract" Marinelli invented going into the season.

And benching him.

That just sounded so high school to me. Marinelli played the same front 7 schemes he had his whole life and never changed zip.

And Garrett just slapped every buddies butts.

It was mortifying.