Anthony Brown sucked today **merged**

Heath

Reaction score
I watched the entire game and the recurring theme throughout the game was: if your helmet said Raiders on it you were allowed to Hug and/or tackle #11 on every play, and all that was needed was a verbal request for a flag if the ball had been thrown and the pass ended up incomplete. The Refs made some good money on this game.

Oh, the calls were largely utter BS. That last one on Brown, however, was a legit penalty.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry, but that's not the rule. That's why it was called. #nflrules #facts
These links both lead to something that have nothing to do with this rule. How many times have we seen a WR reach around a player and catch the ball, with no flag? The WR here wrapped his arms around Brown's helmet, which means, since the ball hit the back of his helmet, that he could've caught the ball, but mistimed it. That shouldn't have been flagged. As I said, Brown was horrible all day, and he played that one poorly as well...I just don't think it was a penalty the way it happened.

Nav22

Reaction score
I don’t blame Anthony Brown. Those were ticky-tack, garbage calls.

If Brown was a Raiders CB and played EXACTLY the same way, he’d have been fine.

Sunday in Kansas City, Dalton Schultz had a DB run right into him with the ball in the air. The DB wasn’t looking back for the ball.

NO CALL!

Different set of rules for Dallas and the other 31 teams.

This is our 2nd loss this year that I place directly at the feet of the officiating. Remember the Week 1 non-OPI on Chris Godwin?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
AB has never been good. The guy was targeted today by the Raiders for those PI chances because he doesn't turn his head and the tape don't lie.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Lol. Ok, man. You bet.
If he doesn't wrap up on Brown's helmet
These links both lead to something that have nothing to do with this rule. How many times have we seen a WR reach around a player and catch the ball, with no flag? The WR here wrapped his arms around Brown's helmet, which means, since the ball hit the back of his helmet, that he could've caught the ball, but mistimed it. That shouldn't have been flagged. As I said, Brown was horrible all day, and he played that one poorly as well...I just don't think it was a penalty the way it happened.
I think if the refs are going to call block in the back on the kicking team and other erroneous ticky tack penalties, they should start flagging people getting handsy past 5 yards downfield. So that way, there wont be any DBs getting hugged as the ball comes in.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Everybody knew where that last pass was going... right at AB
It was almost like they knew he would get flagged....money in the bank

Heath

Reaction score
I'd reference the refs, but they were garbage today. The commentators said exactly what I said, and I'm pretty sure they know the rules. I KNOW Romo does.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd reference the refs, but they were garbage today. The commentators said exactly what I said, and I'm pretty sure they know the rules. I KNOW Romo does.
If Brown had run into him, or even prevented him from reaching the ball I'd agree. But the receiver could've caught the ball if he'd timed it right. None of it matters anyway, Brown sucks.

Heath

Reaction score
If Brown had run into him, or even prevented him from reaching the ball I'd agree. But the receiver could've caught the ball if he'd timed it right.

Can someone find the actual RULE that Brown broke so we can end this? THE DB MUST PLAY THE BALL, AND NOT TURNING YOUR HEAD MEANS YOU'RE NOT PLAYING THE BALL.

None of it matters anyway, Brown sucks.

He certainly did today. Anyone who says otherwise is either being a Homer, or doesn't understand basic football.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
On a lot of routes cb's turn there head when they see the receiver making a play for the ball. If the receiver grabs your helmet and pulls it toward him at the time he is making a play on the ball, how are you supposed to turn around?

If you are talking about the last call in OT, did AB turn back for the ball? The receiver did what he should go for the ball, not like this is something new here. Look back for the ball or get called for PI.