Anthony Brown sucked today **merged**

TheHerd

Reaction score
I like AB but I don't get how you can bench Connor for penalties and not this....you gotta bench AB just off principle and I'm wondering what the hell the DB coach is teaching the corners.....
Either they’re not teaching CBs to turn around, in which case they should be fired, or he can’t be coached, in which case he should be benched. Has to be one or the other.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Brown is way to handsy, im surprised thet didn't call a couple of other ones on him.....but the refs were watching him all day and the Raiders took advantage..

TheHerd

Reaction score

I got on AB, but this is pure reffing trash. They literally handed the Raiders the game. Seems like the league wants to keep the NFC East 'interesting' and not have us run away with it.

Watching that again and again, I’m not sure Brown even contacted him. But turn your head and pick it off and there’s no controversy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He's a marked man now. Any time an opponent sees he's in single coverage, the ball is going to whoever he is guarding.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I don't think it was scripted by anyone not in stripes. They clearly wagered significant sums on the outcome of this game. How do you interfere when the player you are covering is hugging your helmet? How do you not see Parsons being held on at least 60 percent of the snaps? The refs need to be investigated by law enforcement.
I challenge anyone to watch the all-22, focus on Parsons, and tell me you don’t think the officiating is biased.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Brown is way to handsy, im surprised thet didn't call a couple of other ones on him.....but the refs were watching him all day and the Raiders took advantage..

There was one time he had the guilty look walking out of the endzone, where he was looking for the flag.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you are talking about the last call in OT, did AB turn back for the ball? The receiver did what he should go for the ball, not like this is something new here. Look back for the ball or get called for PI.
If you run into the receiver, which Brown didn't do, nor did he keep the WR from reaching the ball. The WR just timed it poorly.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So what we do, kids?

Start Bossman?

Jump in a Delorean and draft Surtain?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If you run into the receiver, which Brown didn't do, nor did he keep the WR from reaching the ball. The WR just timed it poorly.

But if AB had looked back then there would be no penalty, but you will get a face guarding penalty which could have been call. Take your pick between the two.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Agree, if you are not looking for the ball it is either PI or face guarding. YOU HAVE TO LOOK BACK.
Face guarding isn’t a penalty. And turning the head isn’t a rule either, but it is a defacto rule. If you don’t make forcible contact with the receiver, it’s not interference by letter off the rule, but it’s called very differently.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If you are talking about the last call in OT, did AB turn back for the ball? The receiver did what he should go for the ball, not like this is something new here. Look back for the ball or get called for PI.

Name another time when the CB should be looking back for the ball that the wr has both hands on the back of his helmet pulling his head away from the qb

Name 1

TheHerd

Reaction score
So what we do, kids?

Start Bossman?

Jump in a Delorean and draft Surtain?
Start Bossman or Joseph. Take the learning curve. We’re not going anywhere this year. Queue up the draft show podcast!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Had the receiver come back and forced contact, it’s absolutely a penalty. But there was no contact. And face guarding isn’t a penalty. But the refs typically will call that if you dine turn around, which actually isn’t in the rule but they use the head as a proxy for playing the ball