Anthony Brown was as bad as his chip tattoo

ondaedg

Reaction score
Some of you really would take Ramsey over Zeke in a redo? :facepalm:

Absolutely. He is already a top 10 cb and he is on the field unlike Zeke. Elliott is a great player no doubt but it's much tougher to find a player like Ramsey.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Difference is:

With Zeke yesterday we have a chance. With Ramsey nothing changes.

Zeke over him any day

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Can you guys stop? This is just insane.

Ramsey is a top 5 corner in this league locking down some of the best receivers in the game. Some of you have no idea how valuable it is for a CB to control one side of the field.

Tell me, why did the Jets have success in 2009 and 2010? Who was their superstar at that time?
Tell us why the 2016 cowboys had success?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Tell us why the 2016 cowboys had success?

Offensive line coupled with a cupcake schedule

Zeke is a really good RB who was elevated by the best offensive line in football. Zeke is not a transcendent talent, he's a McCoy-level player. There is value there, but it's an RB.

Shutdown corners are just more valuable.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Zeke is a really good RB who was elevated by the best offensive line in football. Zeke is not a transcendent talent, he's a McCoy-level player. There is value there, but it's an RB.

Wrong.

Look at this same QB without him. It is obvious he needs Zeke to look competent

And no, a shutdown CB is not more valuable. Show me a season where a CB was anywhere close to winning MVP

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wrong.

Look at this same QB without him. It is obvious he needs Zeke to look competent

And no, a shutdown CB is not more valuable. Show me a season where a CB was anywhere close to winning MVP

We had a game just like last night against the Broncos, and that was with Zeke. Nothing has shown me Zeke is the difference maker.

And I have already mentioned it, go back to the 2009 and 2010 seasons for the Jets. The biggest reason they had success those years was Revis' level of play.

And MVP awards are pointless anyways and often go to flashy highlight reels.

RomoFor6

Reaction score

Lmao you are high if you think Zeke and McCoy are on the same level. He is by far the best overall running back in the league and it really isn't close.

Before anyone mentions Bell or Johnson, neither an PP like Zeke.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

What do you mean "what?"? There are very few players that are transcendent talent in the league. They are rare - is Zeke a Smith, or a Barry Sanders, Dickerson, Payton? No.

He's a McCoy/Bell level talent. Great players, but they are not once/twice in a generation type talents. There's nothing wrong with admitting this.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lmao you are high if you think Zeke and McCoy are on the same level. He is by far the best overall running back in the league and it really isn't close.

Before anyone mentions Bell or Johnson, neither an PP like Zeke.

Zeke is right there with peak McCoy and Bell. There's really no other argument, the kid is simply not a once in a generation talent. Which was my point...

Why continue to overrate our players? Do you guys enjoy watching them not live up to your bloated expectations? I continue to prove most of you wrong on this board due to your emotional crap, why continue to do this? I just don't understand...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the hell happened to this guy? I'm willing to let Lewis slide because he's a rookie, undersized, but is generally almost aways in good position. This Anthony Brown is supposed to be one of the building blocks in the secondary but he's been awful.

They ask too much of him. He is surrounded by young or incompetent players. Jaylon has caused all of the DBs problems because he is often the intended help defender on zone plays but doesn't really help. The Safeties Heath, Woids and Frazier have played a lot of snaps this season and have been over-exposed. The defense is playing much more zone this season but Brown is best in Man.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He's a below average corner, it's just that simple.

It was a mistake to let the entire secondary walk.
Letting the "secondary walk" was a step in the right direction. It is rare when jerry and Jason admt to a mistake.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Zeke is right there with peak McCoy and Bell. There's really no other argument, the kid is simply not a once in a generation talent. Which was my point...

Why continue to overrate our players? Do you guys enjoy watching them not live up to your bloated expectations? I continue to prove most of you wrong on this board due to your emotional crap, why continue to do this? I just don't understand...

He is absolutely a "transcendent" talent or whatever the hell you want to call it. The fact that Dak looked like a lost puppy without him tells you all you need to know. Like I said Dallas has a chance with him yesterday. Zero changes with Ramsey.

Name a better running back than him in the past 5 years? Only Peterson at the end of his prime in 2012 was better. Not one player in the past 5+ years decade can run, protect and receive as well as he can.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I'm not ready to write him off. Anyone remember just how awful Newman was his second year after a good rookie season? He turned out alright.

Next year will tell us what we need to know about Brown.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He is absolutely a "transcendent" talent or whatever the hell you want to call it. The fact that Dak looked like a lost puppy without him tells you all you need to know. Like I said Dallas has a chance with him yesterday. Zero changes with Ramsey.

Name a better running back than him in the past 5 years? Only Peterson at the end of his prime in 2012 was better. Not one player in the past 5+ years decade can run, protect and receive as well as he can.

In what way is he "transcendent"? Show me an ability he has that hasn't been shown by any other RB? He's not a completely well-rounded QB, he's a good WR, but he's not a GREAT one. David Johnson at least is well-rounded. Same as Bell. Zeke is more of a pure runner who can take a screen to the house.

And with Zeke, we got blown out by the Broncos. So saying "we had a chance" when we already had this outcome with him is not a very strong argument.

As for "other RBs like him in the past 5 years"

McCoy, Bell, David Johnson, DEMARCO MURRAY....

We had, just a few years ago, an RB that rushed for 1,800 yards behind the same O-Line Zeke was behind last year. The year before that? Darren "inactive" McFadden found a way to get 1,000 yards...

Now, point to me what is unique about Zeke....