Video: Anthony Dorsett Jr. goes in on Joneses on lack of respect to Tony Dorsett

Blackrain

Reaction score
Just a side note DuaneThomas was 33 before Tony had that number.

He was a very intrical part of us winning our first super bowl I believe had close to 100 yards in that game and would have been the super bowl MVP if not for his unpredictable personality which seemed to be unfortunately his downfall.

As I recall he had all the tools and talent that Tony Dorsett did and could have had a similar career but he was a strange temperamental player and it never materialized although he had some impressive statistics at certain times.

tunahelper

Reaction score

Makes good points why number 12, 8 and 22 not being handed out, but 88 still is.

Problem is Dallas has had to many great players to retire numbers. Now I am sure Jethro has his control freak hands all over it as well.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Here's another side note fake "love/hate cowboy fan" Junior/Baby Hawk. Bob Hayes changed the game brought in Zone defenses,he wore 22 before Emmitt.Original 88 Ron Sellers?-Drew-Antonio Bryant-Dez-CeeDee,put a cork in it kid. No whining allowed over numbers.

TD Sr. was a great Cowboy and a Heisman winner,he left Dallas on a very bitter note,trashing the fans and Herschel when he went to the Broncos.The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.
Whining about the number is B.S.

dguinta1

Reaction score
Tony Dorsett is in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. There’s been no disrespect to him. The Cowboys have four numbers that are unofficially retired 74,12, 22 and 8. Bob Lily was the very first player the Cowboys ever drafted and is in the Hall of Fame. The Cowboys won their very first championship with Roger Staubach and he turned the Cowboys from bridesmaids into America’s Team. Jerry won his three championships which Troy Aikman as his QB. Emmitt Smith is the NFL’s all-time leading rusher. He won a rushing title, league MVP and Super Bowl MVP all in the same season. Jerry turned number 88 into a special number mainly because of Michael Irvin.

Obviously Jerry is going to have more of an affinity over his own players that helped lead the team to 3 championships. You can’t retire every great players number this organization his had. Randy White was one of the all-time great Cowboys but his number is worn by other players. It’s certainly not being disrespectful to him. It would be silly for every former Cowboys player to think they’re being disrespected because other players are wearing their number.

Barbie Carpenter # 54 :facepalm:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Here's another side note fake "love/hate cowboy fan" Junior/Baby Hawk. Bob Hayes changed the game brought in Zone defenses,he wore 22 before Emmitt.Original 88 Ron Sellers?-Drew-Antonio Bryant-Dez-CeeDee,put a cork in it kid. No whining allowed over numbers.

TD Sr. was a great Cowboy and a Heisman winner,he left Dallas on a very bitter note,trashing the fans and Herschel when he went to the Broncos.The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.
Whining about the number is B.S.

Tony Dorsett changed cowboy football. After Duane Thomas and Calvin Hill. There was a void at running back that needed to be filled with an explosive impact player.

Tony Dorsett was that player and then some. He was the missing piece to the puzzle and got us over the hump to win our second super bowl.
If Tony wants his number shelved it should be out of respect to him. He was that much an intrical part of cowboy history.

If you didn't live it and watch the history unfold live you can't understand his impact on our team and the league.

He is just a name and an old player to most on this forum it really gets annoying when people who weren't even born before he was drafted try and speak on the subject because he will never mean to them what he actually meant to this franchise and they will never appreciate the respect he deserves

links18

Reaction score
Just start using negative numbers and fractions. Problem solved.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don't care as long as no one ever uses 17 or 11. Drew Bledsoe and Quincy Carter are Cowboys royalty:muttley:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Just a side note DuaneThomas was 33 before Tony had that number.

He was a very intrical part of us winning our first super bowl I believe had close to 100 yards in that game and would have been the super bowl MVP if not for his unpredictable personality which seemed to be unfortunately his downfall.

As I recall he had all the tools and talent that Tony Dorsett did and could have had a similar career but he was a strange temperamental player and it never materialized although he had some impressive statistics at certain times.

I saw both of them play, and while Duane Thomas was good, he wasn't no Tony Dorsett. Speed alone set Tony apart. The Great Tom Landry changed the way we schemed our blocking because of Tony unique abilities

He didn't do that for Duane

Blackrain

Reaction score
I saw both of them play, and while Duane Thomas was good, he wasn't no Tony Dorsett. Speed alone set Tony apart. The Great Tom Landry changed the way we schemed our blocking because of Tony unique abilities

He didn't do that for Duane
All true brother Tom Landry recognized that Tony Dorsett was a very unique commodity and I agree he was faster .Duane Thomas was a heavier player than Tony.

I really thought it was a shame Thomas's career went the way it did because he really seemed to be a very talented player with a lot of potential.