Anthony Hitchens LB

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He's not even the best MLB on the team (IOWA) lol you kiddin me?!

#44 James Morris Tackles: 106 Int:4 Sacks: 7 TFL 17.0 FF: 2
#31 A.Hitchens: Tackles 112 Int:1 Sacks:2 TFL 13.5 FF: 2

The coaches voted him MVP because he was a senior and there's an interview where he is surprised by it also. Look, I am sure he is a nice guy and high effort player but you are out of your depth and blinded by the shiny star. If you agree with their philosophy (drafting insurance and reaching for a player to cover earlier mistakes), you are more than welcome to take that position. However, others would have rather seen them take the best player that has a chance to be an impact player in the future.

Watch a game by the way. You'll like #44.

Was #44 available to be drafted this year? If not, who cares about him. Hitches was voted the defensive MVP in 2013. I don't care if the fact he was a senior played a part, he was right there with the best players or he wouldn't have even been considered. He's a good football player, Marinelli really liked him, and they had a 4th round grade on him. That's good enough for me as I have no control over it.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Was #44 available to be drafted this year? If not, who cares about him. Hitches was voted the defensive MVP in 2013. I don't care if the fact he was a senior played a part, he was right there with the best players or he wouldn't have even been considered. He's a good football player, Marinelli really liked him, and they had a 4th round grade on him. That's good enough for me as I have no control over it.

This is not reasoning. It's just bluster. If you don't care, then why post?
The point (#44) is to demonstrate that they overreached for someone they could have picked later.

Seattle actually picked this LB at the end of the same round. Is there a difference? (That's rhetorical)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737275/kevin-pierre-louis

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The point (#44) is to demonstrate that they overreached for someone they could have picked later.

Seattle actually picked this LB at the end of the same round. Is there a difference? (That's rhetorical)

Fits your posts a whole heck of lot better than his post.

Full Definition of BLUSTER
intransitive verb
: to talk or act with noisy swaggering threats
a : to blow in stormy noisy gusts

b : to be windy and boisterous
transitive verb
: to utter with noisy self-assertiveness
: to drive or force by blustering

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You are drinking the Kool Aid if you really believe they had a 4th round grade while everyone even the player and the agent thought 6th round or free agent. Here read an informed article from BTB out today. Skim down to Hitchens.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014...how-it-reflects-the-state-of-the-organization

I see your BTB article and raise you the actual interview.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...ortunity/48f372de-229f-4e37-aca7-76cf5828ed0f

"I don't know where I was going to go. My agent, he was playing it safe with me, he told me I was going to go in the sixth round because he wasn't getting much feedback, you know, to be on the safe side. But listening to the media out here and all that who knows."

That is a far cry from what you are intimating once given the entire quote. The first thing he said was I wasn't sure then he says that his agent was sure becuase he wasn't getting feedback.

Teams like the Seahawks, Niners, Rams and Cardinals were either interested or they weren't. That is not 'koolaid.' Koolaid would be fluff value statements about how wonderful he was.

Fact is that other good 4-3 teams were interested in him in the fourth round.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

All that says is that they indeed were interested in a LB. Your critical thinking skills are terrible. They, like us, had Hitchens rated higher.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You want my positive spin on this?

It was a better pick than Matt Johnson.

What I would want is for you to talk about him in something other than qualititative generalities, regurgitations of draft sites rankings and fronting about you 'know the player.'

You have added little to this conversation than snark and take off when you are asked to validate your comments. It's typical RS nonsense. I am sure that over time you will begin hedging like you did with Frederick and especially Claiborne. "I liked the player but hated the pick."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I tend to stay out of these discussions because as fans, we don't know assignments, so we really can't evaluate a players performance. We sure as heck don't know when a player will truly be drafted either.

As a Hawkeye fan, I will only say this is a guy that was largely considered the weakest link of a very solid linebacker committee by those that follow the team. That he was benched in a season while leading the team in tackles only validated what we thought we were seeing.

but hey, someone else also with no understanding of assignments watched 4 of his tapes, and feel he is the best value pick of the entire draft...so we will see.....I'm certainly rooting to be wrong.

If you are making comments about him missing assignments that cna be hit or miss. What you thought was cover 3 could have been man or something. Not every evaluation needs to know that though. You can tell how fast he reads and reacts or tackling technique. You can talk about how he takes on and sheds blocks and how he runs. etc.

You are appealing to the bandwagon which is a fallacy. It is also simply not true. Another Iowa fan here said that while one guy got hype and the other had the measurables it was Hitchens that always stood out on the field. This 'largely' comment you make is unfounded. Speak for yourself.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

I love when people proclaim they could have picked a player later. You have absolutely zero ability to know that for sure. He could have been picked with the very next pick, 5 picks later, 20 picks later, who knows. All you have to base your argument on is a bunch of draft site lists put together by people who can't get a job in the NFL. The same people that told us all Jeffcoat was a 3rd to 4th rounder. Yeah, they are never wrong are they?

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
If you are making comments about him missing assignments that cna be hit or miss. What you thought was cover 3 could have been man or something. Not every evaluation needs to know that though. You can tell how fast he reads and reacts or tackling technique. You can talk about how he takes on and sheds blocks and how he runs. etc.

You are appealing to the bandwagon which is a fallacy. It is also simply not true. Another Iowa fan here said that while one guy got hype and the other had the measurables it was Hitchens that always stood out on the field. This 'largely' comment you make is unfounded. Speak for yourself.

Yes, stats, facts and assessment are the bandwagon then - blind leading the blind. Kook aid drinkers everywhere.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Fits your posts a whole heck of lot better than his post.

Try reading more than intransitive verb. Watch video, review the stats and look at players selected after this guy. Yet, you prefer to sit in the comfort of the 'cowboy fan'.

Drink deepeth from the KoolAid cupeth

Full Definition of BLUSTER
intransitive verb
: to talk or act with noisy swaggering threats
a : to blow in stormy noisy gusts

b : to be windy and boisterous
transitive verb
: to utter with noisy self-assertiveness
: to drive or force by blustering

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, stats, facts and assessment are the bandwagon then - blind leading the blind. Kook aid drinkers everywhere.

I guess you are trolling because this argument is more petulant than anything else. You don't get to speak for other people, chachi. If they actually do say something then quote it but you are in no position to speak for the entirety of Iowa fans. It is what it is.

If you want to have any semblance of credibility then actually talk about the guys play. I put together a post of multiple games that he played. I invite you to watch them and try and speak intelligently on the subject.

How do you think he runs? How do you think he reads and reacts? How is he in coverage?

Things like that. Running around and calling me a koolaid drinker because you do not agree with me is the behavior of a child.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
I love when people proclaim they could have picked a player later. You have absolutely zero ability to know that for sure. He could have been picked with the very next pick, 5 picks later, 20 picks later, who knows. All you have to base your argument on is a bunch of draft site lists put together by people who can't get a job in the NFL. The same people that told us all Jeffcoat was a 3rd to 4th rounder. Yeah, they are never wrong are they?

Actually it's not the point that they could have got him later. The point is they overreached by two rounds. There were better players and linebackers and other players picked after. It's draft approach in the 4th that we disagree with.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
I guess you are trolling because this argument is more petulant than anything else. You don't get to speak for other people, chachi. If they actually do say something then quote it but you are in no position to speak for the entirety of Iowa fans. It is what it is.

If you want to have any semblance of credibility then actually talk about the guys play. I put together a post of multiple games that he played. I invite you to watch them and try and speak intelligently on the subject.

How do you think he runs? How do you think he reads and reacts? How is he in coverage?

Things like that. Running around and calling me a koolaid drinker because you do not agree with me is the behavior of a child.

Did you read a real Iowa fans comments on the player? Scroll up.

KoolAid drinker is a reference to the mass suicide of a cult group used today to mean you follow blindly. In this case you follow what the cowboy brass tells you.

I'm addressing people that quote me and direct their response to me. That's not trolling

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Did you read a real Iowa fans comments on the player? Scroll up.

KoolAid drinker is a reference to the mass suicide of a cult group used today to mean you follow blindly. In this case you follow what the cowboy brass tells you.

I'm addressing people that quote me and direct their response to me. That's not trolling

Yeah I obviously follow blindly. I just put together the game footage of Hitchens on the main board to fool people into thinking I actually watched him play. You really should just stop. I don't agree with you and you inability to reconcile that in your own mind with anything other than this line is pretty sad.

He doesn't get to speak for the entirety of Iowa fans either. As I said before, I have read Iowa fans that thought he played well. He was their defensive MVP and leading tackler after all.

You are another that does not seem to understand the notion of mutual exclusivity. Just because you respond does not mean that you are not also baiting.

I am breathing and typing on my keyboard. That is not trolling. That line makes just as much sense.

Your critical thinking needs some work, chachi. If your next response is to simply call me a koolaid drinker again, I will just ignore you. Just re read this post.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score

the only bandwagon I see is those jumping aboard the we can't do no wrong wagon, which is extremely absurd given our recent history.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
the only bandwagon I see is those jumping aboard the we can't do no wrong wagon, which is extremely absurd given our recent history.

I never said we could do no wrong. One huge bandwagon of people that think that if you have something positive to say that means you only think positive things.

I think he sucks in coverage. that help you with you thinking I have any credibility?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I never said we could do no wrong. One huge bandwagon of people that think that if you have something positive to say that means you only think positive things.

I think he sucks in coverage. that help you with you thinking I have any credibility?

I'm really not sure what you are doing. I don't think much of this pick, because I am very familiar with the player. I have long wanted Dallas to draft a hawkeye, but this one isn't going to stick IMO. My opinion of this player was formed long before Dallas drafted him, which I can't really say for the majority of fans on this forum, so you can save your bandwagon nonsense, it looks idiotic.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm really not sure what you are doing. I don't think much of this pick, because I am very familiar with the player. I have long wanted Dallas to draft a hawkeye, but this one isn't going to stick IMO. My opinion of this player was formed long before Dallas drafted him, which I can't really say for the majority of fans on this forum, so you can save your bandwagon nonsense, it looks idiotic.

I wasn't commenting on your evaluation of the player. I respect that. No I am referring to your evaluation of me.