Anti Vaxxers are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyd

Reaction score
Well, my sister is a med doctor, her son is a doctor, my two best friends in Dallas are doctors....and when they speak honestly, they have real debates on this issue.

Its not so cut and dry when discussing ALL of the vaccines and the timing.

I get it though; the surest way to prevent a mass spread of something known is through vaccination. The theoretical side issues of what it actually does to the recipient’s body is not even relevant (right or wrong) to the CDC, the pharmaceutical industry, or the masses in general.

Two different debates

Good point sir!

lukin2006

Reaction score
Vaccines work ...

Of all the common childhood illness's ... I only ever goy chicken pox. Not sure if their a vaccine for chicken pox in the late 60's...but I am glad I got chicken pox. My brother in law got chicken pox as a adult, very nasty ... he had them on the inside of his mouth and ears. He was told they can be worse as adult...

Billyd

Reaction score
Vaccines work ...

Of all the common childhood illness's ... I only ever goy chicken pox. Not sure if their a vaccine for chicken pox in the late 60's...but I am glad I got chicken pox. My brother in law got chicken pox as a adult, very nasty ... he had them on the inside of his mouth and ears. He was told they can be worse as adult...

This is interesting as i was vacinnated and still got chicken pox...One other point with this opinion is the potential for shingles at an older age..Point is once you are exposed to the virus of chicken pox, its in your body dormant for the rest of your life....lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
Idn about that on the Flu vaccine
..If you look at the demographics for the last Five to seven years you see something unusual..As with most years The demographics children and the elderly are most prone to die from complications from the flu, however there was a indication a few years ago of the demograpic changing to group from 25-45 in either another wave of the same flu virus or a mutation of one.

I Am not claiming this as fact, just what I noticed from reviewing the numbers @ the Cdc at the time..
The CDC chooses our proposed flu vaccine each year based on a guess— which usually is based on what flu strand proliferated the most in the Southern Hemisphere the year before. It may be a strand that was 27% vs 24% in another part if the globe. So, so ething to help prevent that strand, and maybe a combo to help an anticipated variation.
A total crap shoot.
And even if the dominant strand in the US ends up being something entirely different (so flu shot has no affect for that strand)...they shamelessly push for people to get the shot anyway.
Even if they get the guess right, the flu shot only covers a certain strand (or minor variation) , so maybe 25-30%.

I get it though.
Some mass protection better than none by their view.

Personally. I had a flu shot in 1987 and got the flu that year.
I have never had a flu shot in 30 years since, and have never had the flu.
Just me though..

Billyd

Reaction score
The CDC chooses our proposed flu vaccine each year based on a guess— which usually is based on what flu strand proliferated the most in the Southern Hemisphere the year before. It may be a strand that was 27% vs 24% in another part if the globe. So, so ething to help prevent that strand, and maybe a combo to help an anticipated variation.
A total crap shoot.
And even if the dominant strand in the US ends up being something entirely different (so flu shot has not affect for that strand)...they shamelessly push for people to get the shot anyway.
Even if they get the guess right, the flu shot only covers a certain strand (or minor variation) , so maybe 25-30%.

I get it though.

Personally. I had a flu shot in 1987 and got the flu that hear.
Just me though..

Yes sir, that was really what I was alluding to earlier..Although i have had the flu maybe one or two times over my adult life, I havent had it in about 10-15 yearz...I have spoken to alot of people that have had that result..Im sure the response was...yeah but i didnt suffer as much as if i didnt take it..lolol..

lukin2006

Reaction score
This is interesting as i was vacinnated and still got chicken pox...One other point with this opinion is the potential for shingles at an older age..Point is once you are exposed to the virus of chicken pox, its in your body dormant for the rest of your life....lol

I heard you can get chicken again. And I guess shingles are painful.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Idn about that on the Flu vaccine
..If you look at the demographics for the last Five to seven years you see something unusual..As with most years The demographics children and the elderly are most prone to die from complications from the flu, however there was a indication a few years ago of the demograpic changing to group from 25-45 in either another wave of the same flu virus or a mutation of one.

I Am not claiming this as fact, just what I noticed from reviewing the numbers @ the Cdc at the time..

I do not doubt about the data, but based on the amount of money Big Pharma throws around with lobbying, I can see numbers being fudged to tap a "market" demographic that is lagging far behind the others. We could argue scientific data integrity by government funded entity until we are blue in the face. I fall into that demographic and in my 41 years I can count how many times I have gotten the flu on two fingers. I am by no means the picture of perfect health I am probably the typical average American in that regards.

Billyd

Reaction score
I heard you can get chicken again. And I guess shingles are painful.

Its uncommon...I think ive known two people in my life that suffered it, but it was very painful for them...Just a fact for us to consider..Im not a doctor and I dont play one..On this forum anyway!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Vaccines work ...

I believe I recently read (Dad got Shingles this week and I have a 1 year old who hasn't had all her cp vaccine yet) the chicken pox vaccine came in 1995.

Billyd

Reaction score
I do not doubt about the data, but based on the amount of money Big Pharma throws around with lobbying, I can see numbers being fudged to tap a "market" demographic that is lagging far behind the others. We could argue scientific data integrity by government funded entity until we are blue in the face. I fall into that demographic and in my 41 years I can count how many times I have gotten the flu on two fingers. I am by no means the picture of perfect health I am probably the typical average American in that regards.

AGREED!! I brought that up for a counter but you are correct in the numbers overall, however i checked that i response to the numbers of that demographic who were dieing from the flu in Dallas several years ago..So it was not based soley on CDC statistics, it was based on the uptick in numbers that I was trying to verify with the CDC...i hope that makes sense!

jrumann59

Reaction score
A total crap shoot.
And even if the dominant strand in the US ends up being something entirely different (so flu shot has no affect for that strand)...they shamelessly push for people to get the shot anyway.

I get it though.

Personally. I had a flu shot in 1987 and got the flu that year.
Just me though..

Some may take this the wrong way, but most medicine is based on probability. If you go in to the doctor for a migraine, most likely he is going to give treatment for that migraine based on what they think is the cause based on examining and asking questions, it could be a muscle relaxer for tension headache caused by spasming muscles in the neck and head. it most cases they would not jump to lets say brain cancer because that is outside the "avg".

Billyd

Reaction score
Had shingles in 2016 on my right flank. If kidney stones are 10 pain, a sunken orbital a 9, I'd give shingles an 8. Goes to the bone. Feels like knife stabs into your abdomen.

Thank you for sharing that Trouty...Id heard that about it..Hopefully hippa doesnt try and pursue you for disclosing your own instance...lolol jks

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am prescribed magnesium oxide, b12, and propranolol for migraines. I was on suppositories for them, but they didn't work (Imitrex, if I recall correctly) and were uncomfortable to use.

Edit, the suppository was ergotamine.

Trouty sorry for your condition but the bolded falls into TMI territory.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't think it does.

I have no issues discussing my conditions in here. Especially considering how they occurred and developed.

It is relevant to your post, about docs wantonly prescribing medication for "shots in the dark" re:migraines.

And my neurologists are world-class.

Suppository medication is very common,
How you take your medication is between you and your doctors...:D

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Well, my sister is a med doctor, her son is a doctor, my two best friends in Dallas are doctors....and when they speak honestly, they have real debates on this issue.

Its not so cut and dry when discussing ALL of the vaccines and the timing.

I get it though; the surest way to prevent a mass spread of something known is through vaccination. The theoretical side issues of what it actually does to the recipient’s body is not even relevant (right or wrong) to the CDC, the pharmaceutical industry, or the masses in general.

Two different debates
:hammer:

Billyd

Reaction score
Hey this is how discussions of this ilk should be..Ive seen women turn into cats scratching each other on other forums because they were allowing emotion to cloud their opinions...

Science is both the potential answer, and the potential downfall of the human race..Its wise to form opinions based on the collective knowledge we can learn from each other!!

csirl

Reaction score
I remember when parents used to have chicken pox parties......bringing young kids to the house of someone who had it to ensure they got it at a young age when its a mild irritation.

One of my kids got measles as an infant - a month before the vaccination date. I knew it was measles because most kids got it when I was young. But I was shocked that a young doctor in the local out patients unit didnt recognise it - had never seen it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.