Antonio Brown to Patriots

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Seems like he didn't want to be a Raider and was doing everything he could to get released.

It worked, and now he gets to play for a contender.

Mannix

Reaction score
--------it's not the Pats are getting a pass

Yes they are....if the Cowboys had a HC who could control him, then the taking point would move to how terrible Dallas is for taking in a known malcontent.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually am devastated, I can't believe it. They drafted a receiver number one pick. The get Gordon back. Edelman. I can't believe they wanted this guy. Super Bowl for Brady. I guess I answered my own question
Well, if history tells us anything, when the Patriots had a juggernaut of a roster and went 16-0, they got upset in the big game by the huge underdog.

Here’s to Bill/Brady not winning the SB this year!

sean10mm

Reaction score
Brown will either be a good boy scout or get cut. The Pats don't care and don't really NEED him, he's just gravy. The Patriots are consistent about both giving problem children a fair shake, and purging them the second they're a pain in the neck.

That said, the Pats also don't do stuff that's purely spiteful, like fining a guy immediately after he made a public apology to his teammates. AB was acting nuts the whole time, but that last bit was just the GM actively goading him instead of taking the W.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Brown will either be a good boy scout or get cut. The Pats don't care and don't really NEED him, he's just gravy. The Patriots are consistent about both giving problem children a fair shake, and purging them the second they're a pain in the neck.

That said, the Pats also don't do stuff that's purely spiteful, like fining a guy immediately after he made a public apology to his teammates. AB was acting nuts the whole time, but that last bit was just the GM actively goading him instead of taking the W.

I kind of agree. I know Mayocks ego was hurt because Gruden didn’t back him up, but AB is completely out of his mind- no one could have thought fining him was a good idea.

Seems like the fines were to establish some paperwork so they wouldn’t have to pay him

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

not surprising as that's what they have done in the past. one year deal. strong organization with no real drama. they probably just punched their ticket to the superbowl. with Gordon, Edlemean, Brown and their stable of RB and good OL and then the GOAT Brady. he is about to set some new records perhaps.

if KC would have signed him, they would have punched their ticket to the superbowl.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Welp.. we’re going to see Antonio Brown twice this years boys. Is what it is ;)

Ok...then there are two (2) losses given who we have patrolling the sideline in a Bat Utility Belt.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This move just solidifies one thing. That there are 31 teams fighting for the opportunity to lose to New England in the postseason.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This guarantees nothing. How many super bowls did they win with Randy Moss and Tom Brady in his prime? 0

TheHerd

Reaction score
not surprising as that's what they have done in the past. one year deal. strong organization with no real drama. they probably just punched their ticket to the superbowl. with Gordon, Edlemean, Brown and their stable of RB and good OL and then the GOAT Brady. he is about to set some new records perhaps.

if KC would have signed him, they would have punched their ticket to the superbowl.
No one had a chance to sign. This was a done deal days ago. At least.