Antonio Bryant has a Cowboys offer?

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
I heard a blurb on Fox News today and they were talking about Bryant not wanting to be drug tested because he isn't playing for anyone in the NFL. One of the commentators said that he has an offer on the table from the Dallas Cowboys so he should be tested. Any truth to this or just BS?

joseephuss

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1736653 said:
I heard a blurb on Fox News today and they were talking about Bryant not wanting to be drug tested because he isn't playing for anyone in the NFL. One of the commentators said that he has an offer on the table from the Dallas Cowboys so he should be tested. Any truth to this or just BS?

I think Dallas if making an offer to him to stay away. :D

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Just going by what I've read on other forums etc. Apparently, Dallas has extended an offer of 500k to Bryant, and he'll have to take the testing since he has an offer.

I am just going off what others are saying at this moment but haven't heard it myself yet. So I don't know for certain, but I guess we'll find out.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Ant Bryant? His headache factor outweighs any talent he brings to the table. And the fact that he doesn't want to be drug-tested should pretty much confirm the fact that he's been "blazing up" and probably couldn't pass the d/ t anyway! :nono:

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Groan. This bye week has been real hard on me, thank god the Skins got demolished and given a pitty score.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
So we have an offer to someone who uses drugs, is probably out of game shape, doesnt know the offense, and is a terrible personality in the locker room???

I put this in the BS category

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;1736678 said:
So we have an offer to someone who uses drugs, is probably out of game shape, doesnt know the offense, and is a terrible personality in the locker room???

I put this in the BS category

I hope so

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe they think they are equipped to handle him now. I think its a bad idea though.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Nothing says "I've turned my life around" more than refusing to take a drug test.

paladin

Reaction score
Roughneck;1736713 said:
Wow you really do just live in your own little World, huh?

Actually CC is totally correct.
AB is talented, but he is also a nutcase

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;1736719 said:
Nothing says "I've turned my life around" more than refusing to take a drug test.

Awesome.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Bring back Antonio Bryant. He was my favorite player while at my Alma mater Pitt and then was drafted by my favorite team the Cowboys. Bryant can return kicks and punts. He would be better than Miles Austin. And if Terry Glen goes on IR or any other WR goes on IR then he would be very welcome. Good for the Cowboys if they have an offer on the table for him. The guy can play. Parcells messed with AB and screwed him up. Wade can work with anyone and brings out their best.

khiladi

Reaction score
Antonio Bryant has pending legal action against the NFL... and I think he technically has a case regarding the drug issue...

And BTW, I'm sure more than 50 percent of NFL players smoke weed in the off-season...

jchocolate82

Reaction score
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/f...18002109990001

Former Cowboys Player Sues NFL

By P. SOLOMON BANDA,
AP Sports
Posted: 2007-10-18 00:24:51
DENVER (Oct. 17) - Former Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers receiver Antonio Bryant filed a lawsuit Wednesday seeking to stop the NFL from requiring him to submit to drug testing, arguing the league's policy doesn't apply to him anymore.

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court states the 49ers terminated Bryant's contract March 1, meaning: "Antonio Bryant is not a `player,' not an employee or not under contract to the Defendants in any form or fashion."

Fantasy Football '07

Need an edge to win your league? Get all your fantasy football needs from AOL Sports.
· Get Expert Advice Now!

Letters sent to Bryant by the NFL, which were part of court documents filed Wednesday, show the NFL asked him to submit to a urinalysis on Sept. 6, 13, and 18 and threatened him with discipline equivalent to a positive test if he didn't cooperate.

Bryant's agent and attorney, Peter Schaffer, said his client had been randomly tested since he left the 49ers, but decided he was under no obligation to take them.

"It doesn't make any sense at all," Schaffer said of the NFL's testing of Bryant.

Bryant's lawsuit asks a judge for a preliminary injunction or temporary restraining order prohibiting the NFL from administering tests or sharing the results of those tests. It also asks the court to prohibit the NFL from telling teams that Bryant faces suspension should they decide to sign him.

As for what teams Bryant might be considering or whether he would play in the NFL again, Schaffer said his client is keeping his options open.

A message left after business hours for NFL spokesman Greg Aiello was not returned. A phone number listed for Bryant, who lives in Coppell, Texas, was inoperable.

The lawsuit was filed in Colorado because Schaffer is based in the state.

Bryant was released in March, just one season after he signed a four-year contract with the 49ers worth $14 million.

Bryant caught 40 passes last season for a team-leading 733 yards. But he repeatedly clashed with coach Mike Nolan and was suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Bryant won the Biletnikoff Award as the NCAA's best receiver as a sophomore at Pitt. He played for Dallas and Cleveland before joining the 49ers.

In May, Bryant pleaded no contest to reckless driving and was sentenced to a year's probation for going more than 100 mph through San Mateo, Calif.

But it made no mention of the 500K offer extended to him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
khiladi;1736728 said:
I'm sure more than 50 percent of NFL players smoke weed in the off-season...

Here we go again with these ridiculous claims ......

This sounds like when some idiot defending Merriman said 90% of the league was on steroids.