Antonio Bryant has a Cowboys offer?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
lspain1;1736973 said:
I won't get into a debate over this with you zrinkill but in my (extended) family I've seen alcohol use and marijuana use. The marijuana use ended up being a lot more destructive. YMMV.

and i see how it could. but i've also seen the same situation where alcohol was far and away the bigger problem for the family.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg;1736978 said:
fair enough. but it is funny modern day man is the one who said it was evil and bad. indians did it all the time in a spiritual sense. you think regular tobacco was in the peace pipe? there's a reason it brought peace - no one had the energy to fight high. just eat things they'd not normally eat. : )

i think it's stupid to talk on the cell phone w/o driving unless you're bluetooth or on a headpiece, yet people do it all the time. legal? maybe not but i had one officer tell me more often than not they go to wrecks because some dork was on the phone and suddenly realized they were about to miss an exit and went zooming on over...

...right into someone.

i guess we all have our pain/hot points. someone sitting at home getting high just doesn't rankle my feathers.

No disagreements here big guy.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
The only thing I heard was that Jerry never liked the idea of getting rid of him and wouldn't mind having him back.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1737002 said:
The only thing I heard was that Jerry never liked the idea of getting rid of him and wouldn't mind having him back.

well i heard jones wouldn't take bryant back unless he dressed in drag and could play in thigh high leather boots with 6" stilettos.

but that could have been the booze and alcohol talking.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1737002 said:

Kind of sums up what a mess this organization was in before Parcells cleaned house.

Is Derek Ross out of prison yet? We could use a nickel corner.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Bryant's lawsuit says that earlier this month, the Dallas Cowboys inquired about signing him, but the $500,000-a-year offer was revoked when the NFL notified the Cowboys that Bryant would be suspended for one year once he signed a contract because he has not complied with the policy for random drug tests. Bryant has told reporters that he has spoken to Jerry Jones and continues to be in contact with him, "He told me when I take care of these issues I will have a spot with the Cowboys." Bryant's one year suspension is likely to be dropped as soon as November 5th if not sooner.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm convinced. Doing drugs is clearly less juvenile and lame than talking about Darren McFadden.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1737022 said:
I'm convinced. Doing drugs is clearly less juvenile and lame than talking about Darren McFadden.

so who compared the two to begin with?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't recall: was Bryant a thread returning kicks? If so, as a stop-gap special teams player and someone to put pressure on teams in 3 WR sets while Glenn is out, I'd have considered him, too. By all accounts we have a very solid locker room, and a fringe player who's a nutjob isn't the same thing as relying on a starter who's a nutjob. Granted, we could overdo it, but if he makes the team better on the field, you'd have to at least entertain it.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1737018 said:
Bryant's lawsuit says that earlier this month, the Dallas Cowboys inquired about signing him, but the $500,000-a-year offer was revoked when the NFL notified the Cowboys that Bryant would be suspended for one year once he signed a contract because he has not complied with the policy for random drug tests. Bryant has told reporters that he has spoken to Jerry Jones and continues to be in contact with him, "He told me when I take care of these issues I will have a spot with the Cowboys." Bryant's one year suspension is likely to be dropped as soon as November 5th if not sooner.

Where did this come from? Very interesting to say the least.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
IMO, Jerry is considering Bryant because of familiarality and he sees the turn around Moss has made

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Idgit;1737068 said:
I don't recall: was Bryant a thread returning kicks? If so, as a stop-gap special teams player and someone to put pressure on teams in 3 WR sets while Glenn is out, I'd have considered him, too. By all accounts we have a very solid locker room, and a fringe player who's a nutjob isn't the same thing as relying on a starter who's a nutjob. Granted, we could overdo it, but if he makes the team better on the field, you'd have to at least entertain it.

Bryant did not return a kick for Dallas, SF, or Cleveland.......

ethiostar

Reaction score
on a related note.......... i heard that Parcells would return as a WRs coach if AB is indeed signed by the Boys. His other responsibility would also include serving as a towel rack:D

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would actually be excited to see AB signed by the Cowboys. I don't see it happening, but I would be excited by the prospect of getting someone who can actually help the offense. He's just the type of WR Tony Romo would love, imo.

If he can't pass the drug test or if he came in acting the fool, it's no big deal...I'm sure his contract offer would be exactly like the one Tank got...cash only...a chance to turn it around and prove yourself...no risk at all to the Cowboys.

He's no star like T.O. and he's not an established player like Tank, but we've given both of them a chance when few teams would have touched either...why hold AB's goofy past against him? I'm willing to give it a shot, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cowboys wanted to give him a second chance.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
DC_Addict;1736899 said:
Damn does everyone in the NFL do drugs????!!!! I'm sick of hearing about players and drugs...geez, why??? :banghead: Why do people feel the need to get high?? I've lived 39 years, completely drug free and have been very happy. Tried weed in high school once, wasn't a big deal, never did it again. Doing drugs is so juvenile and lame. Sorry for the rant.

Careful, dude...all the potheads and boozehounds will jump all over you. I've asked the same questions before regarding drugs (and that includes alcohol). Now, if you say "Wait a minute, I have an occasional drink" well then there's your answer. People do the other drugs for the same reason people drink, I assume.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
iceberg;1736921 said:
funny someone by the name of "addict" decries drug use. : )

Someone with 'detoxed' under their username defending it is just as funny. :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcowboysfan76;1737096 said:
Bryant did not return a kick for Dallas, SF, or Cleveland.......

Probably why I didn't recall. Nevermind, then.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Tass;1737157 said:
Someone with 'detoxed' under their username defending it is just as funny. :)

heh - good shot. : ) only i didn't pick that one and it's kinda a long story.

we do seem to have backwards names though, huh? :laugh2: