News: Antwaun Woods and Trysten Hill sent home from practice on Tuesday for being late for meeting

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are condos/houses down the street where most players live. I always see them head that way when I leave the gym...it's like 5 minutes away. I doubt very few players live outside of the Frisco/Plano/Colony area. It's not like the old days where a lot of players lived in North Dallas and commuted to Las Colinas.

I was just joking considering that everything else appears to be available at the Star.

It has become popular for business developments to have office, residential and retail spaces altogether for people that want the convenience of walking to work.

The State Farm City Line development is near where I live and has that type of setup.

Sammy

Reaction score
He's not a troll and these players earn their own low opinions. He might be wrong about the Cheetos though, I'd go with Ranch Doritos.

Did you know they make rolled Doritos now? I just saw them in Albertson's and thought that would be a very efficient way to get high and snacked at the same time.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Late is late.

Just because you have a reason for being late doesn't mean you don't get punished.

Hmm... Late, rushed wife to hospital.
Late, what time was I supposed to be here?
Yes, you are correct. They are the same, and both deserve swift punishment.

J12B

Reaction score
Didn't Marineli make Hill sign a contract promising he would never be late right before being drafted????? And that he would always give a 110%????????

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd feel guilty if I was judging him off a single data point. When you add it on top of the stuff that happened in college and his pathetic play so far this season then it's natural to start formulating an image of who he really is.

I'm just curious what's going to happen when Marinelli is retired next year because that's the dude he was making all the promises to.

That's all nonsense.

His college D-Coordinator. The one on the coaching staff that the media claims had problems with Hill, did a radio interview after the draft with the interviewers asking about Hill.

The DC said he didn't have any problems with Hill. He basically said that it was just a slow process to get Hill to play "their" way instead of the way the previous coaching staff had coached him to play. He was 3-4 NT with the previous staff but the new staff wanting to to rush the passer more and play 3-tech DT in a 4-3.

The DC said Hill's number 1 trait is that he has a non-stop "motor" and that his effort/hustle in games was as good as any player that he has coached.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So they went home, smoked out, played video games, and ate Cheetos.

Way to show them.

Sadly, I'm sure the CBA doesn't allow coaches to make them do laps until they puke. Pretty sure they wouldn't be late again.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If anybody believes Woods won't see the field, they are delusional. Hill, will get his spot, next to the Gatorade table.

Zordon

Reaction score
That's all nonsense.

His college D-Coordinator. The one on the coaching staff that the media claims had problems with Hill, did a radio interview after the draft with the interviewers asking about Hill.

The DC said he didn't have any problems with Hill. He basically said that it was just a slow process to get Hill to play "their" way instead of the way the previous coaching staff had coached him to play. He was 3-4 NT with the previous staff but the new staff wanting to to rush the passer more and play 3-tech DT in a 4-3.

The DC said Hill's number 1 trait is that he has a non-stop "motor" and that his effort/hustle in games was as good as any player that he has coached.
X look at the update @Pessimist_cowboy just posted. The data points are adding up...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Could be. There could be a bunch of reasons why they were late, what they were doing, where they were coming from etc..

The only thing we know for sure is the team put it out there on purpose to send a message to these two and anyone else. I imagine being singled out in this manner is very humbling for these guys. This is a team sport, if you do something like this you are letting the team down.

Woods seems like a really good guy from what I have seen in interviews and what he says on twitter here and there. I imagine he is disappointed this got out and will make sure it never happens again. I also think that the team put it out there knowing that and understanding that woods is the kind of guy that will take ownership of it.

This is the organization that let Owens and pac man come and go as they please a decade ago and no one ever found out about them skipping meetings and being late. Bill Parcells said he never fined a player more than he fined T.O. in 2006 and he spent the 80's with Lawrence Taylor.

They were late because they don't take their job seriously. I'm not late for work because I'm responsible. As do countless other adults that get paid less.

Stop the excuses. They weren't responsible enough to show up for work, and then they got a free day. It's like a child not wanting to go to school, mommy finding him trying to skip, taking him to school and them sending him home so he can play vidya gamez and eat ice cream all day. That's not punishment - it's basically sending them to where they want to be. They'll be out of the league in a few years.

Also

Maybe you can spin this and say he has a sleep disorder.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
X look at the update @Pessimist_cowboy just posted. The data points are adding up...
Look I don’t know why this front office is letting ROD call the shots drafting these DL. But he’s obviously horrible at it. Taco and Now Hill are both huge misses with premium picks. Very disturbing. Could’ve had Tj watt and Juan thornhill.

MikeB80

Reaction score
They were late because they don't take their job seriously. I'm not late for work because I'm responsible. As do countless other adults that get paid less.

Stop the excuses. They weren't responsible enough to show up for work, and then they got a free day. It's like a child not wanting to go to school, mommy finding him trying to skip, taking him to school and them sending him home so he can play vidya gamez and eat ice cream all day. That's not punishment - it's basically sending them to where they want to be. They'll be out of the league in a few years.

Also

I don't have any why they were late. Also you said they were not responsible enough to show up for work...Nothing has said they didn't show up, they were late. I don't have any idea how late they are.

again with the video games and eating stuff comments?

Woods will be motivated by this and Hill doesn't matter so who cares.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen a DT worse than T Hill. I’m being honest. He looks absolutely horrible. Has 0 power, 0 balance, 0 quickness. I have no idea why they drafted this loser. He didn’t even start in college.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't have any why they were late. Also you said they were not responsible enough to show up for work...Nothing has said they didn't show up, they were late. I don't have any idea how late they are.

again with the video games and eating stuff comments?

Woods will be motivated by this and Hill doesn't matter so who cares.

No, I said i don't show up LATE for work because I'm responsible in that context. Speed reading isn't your thing.

These dudes aren't proven enough to be irresponsible first off, and again, responsible people get to work on time. And Woods should have been motivated by the contract he has with the team, there should be no need for extra motivation.

MikeB80

Reaction score
No, I said i don't show up LATE for work because I'm responsible in that context. Speed reading isn't your thing.

These dudes aren't proven enough to be irresponsible first off, and again, responsible people get to work on time. And Woods should have been motivated by the contract he has with the team, there should be no need for extra motivation.

were you clutching your pearls when you wrote that? You seem livid over a couple of guys being late for a meeting.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score

Also

I would disagree with that assessment.

I've sent employees home for various disciplinary reasons. Many times this led to other employees on shift at the time to have to work harder by picking up the responsibilities of those sent home.

While the employees sent home lost pay for the day, by far the biggest concern for them was the loss of respect garnered from the other hourly guys, dudes don't like it when others aren't pulling their share when every one else is.

It's a powerful consideration in my experience.